Great time to make fundamently strong blue chip portfolio

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Sep 2, 2015.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Nothing new to add,you can find out my views about Vardhman Textiles in my earlier posts in many thread s including this.For me it is undisputed King of Textile industry.More over what I am doing is mostly posted here and what I am divorcing is posted in my other thread- Non performing stocks.So these are not recommendations or any new news based story or new stock ideas but my long term portfolio in progress.My goal is just to beat Sensex or NIFTY or Mutual funds.I am a long term conservative invester.I bet only on known quality names for long ride,so you may never find fire crackers in my posts.But slowly I intent to go down from BSE 200 stocks to BSE 500 stocks to have more mid caps .But never will go down below that.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  2. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

DHFL is a strong buy in my view. Wockhardt is a turn around story...waiting with patience.....Like TVS Motors due to its collaboration with BMW and a debt free company....

3. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

sir , what makes you like vardhman? my humble doubt @kharb

4. darth

darth Active Member

I enjoyed this poem as it keeps the 'spirit' really high

In our life, problems may go from "haywards 2000" to "haywards 5000"
    But we must take them as a "royal challenge"
    Otherwise people will call us "old monk"
    And put a "black label" on our name
    So we must learn from "teachers" to
    fight like "jack daniels"
    Live like a " bagpiper"
    Walk like "johnny walker"
    Work till "8 pm" and
    Think like "director Special"
    Catch the ideas like "kingfisher" and "knock out" all the problems
    then life will be " imperial blue" and we will become " aristrocrat" and
    There will be VALUE for our "signature"

Cheers!

Karthikeyan and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  5. w4wealth

drink time poem .. haha nice one.

6. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Sir you are great poet also :)

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Liquor may be sin stocks as discussed in various posts as I dont drink .Govt is just heavily taxing the liquor ,so that drinker has to pay more for their sin.Does govt all over world is involved in Sin.?So if any body aligning with govt policy of profiting from sin is wrong.?I don't know.?Any way it is extremely small exposure ,the only reason being to bet on sector leaders, my present hobby.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  8. darth

darth Active Member

My apologies in advance but you seem incoherent on this post. Can't get the underlying message...

One fine day the govt will kill the goose which lays the golden egg ( through obnoxious taxes) only to regret later ( with revenue loss). But who knows by then the silver lining could be milk - with all the people addicted to milk, the govt may impose a 'sin tax' on milk consumption. excessive milking of our revered cattle will surely not be tolerated

And hey BTW I happen to be a teetotaler :)

9. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

Nah they won't do it because intolerance and holy cow it's the politicians with interests in dairy business. Plus the "Heritage" of गौ माता।

Plus the per capita consumption is only going to rise to help the demographic dividend grow.

10. darth

darth Active Member

LoL... Stealing the thunder. Unfortunately the underlying message will be missed by the audience

11. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

It seems sellers are losing the battle in DCB bank .I have always maintained that it is a three digit deserving stock.May be two digit days of DCB are numbered and going to end soon.Soon sellers may have to repent for under estimating the worth of DCB bank and uncessary Ho Hulla for good expansion plans of bank just to beat down the stock by making real long term investers nervous..As dates of third quarter results is coming close ,sellers are losing confidence in their own cooked story.I hold DCB bank for a long ride.

Karthikeyan and Parin Gala like this.
  12. w4wealth

sir dcb is my favourite 100 bagger pick

Karthikeyan and Parin Gala like this.
  13. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

DCB will do well but it will take some time. I always have been positive on DCB Bank

14. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Please don't compare Milk and Liquor. Milk is good for health while liquor is bad for health. Government won't dare increase tax on milk. However, Government may permit price hike of milk, under pressure from politicians, but under the pretext that the price hike is for the welfare of the farmers. Off course farmers will never gain from the price hike.

15. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Yesterday sold out Bhartiairtel completly due to contnious under performance and uncertain future .Proceeds reinvested today in Asian paints existing stock in my portfolio, over priced but a long term combined play on housing and crude with pricing power and a consistant performer in uncertain times.This stock in my portfolio along with housing finance compnies is my safe bet in real estate sector without buying risky real estate stocks directly..Asian paints also help me to play crude down turn without taking long term risk of grounding of airlines if oil take U up turn and avoiding highly regulated PSU oil majors.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  16. darth

darth Active Member

Just saw this post.... All i have to say to this is that you seem to have missed the sarcasm laced in it. The post needs to be interpreted in the larger context of double standards on display on certain commodities And something i dont wish to dwell upon

17. New_Investor

Indian cigarette makers halt production over health warning rules

Indian cigarette makers including ITC Ltd, part-owned by British American Tobacco, suspended production on Friday over what they said was ambiguity in the government's new health warning rules for packs, a leading industry body said.

Excerpted from https://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/01/reu...alt-production-over-health-warning-rules.html

Cigarette Factories Close Over New Pictorial Warnings On Packs

[​IMG]

Excerpted from https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/cig...aim-ambiguity-over-pictorial-warnings-1295739

18. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Government should Complete Ban on "Cigarettes & Liquor " is better idea ....

people health will develop and per capita income of our Indians will improve rapidly

hariohm151 and New_Investor like this.
  19. New_Investor

Government will not like this idea. As it will be loosing a lot of revenue. Some of the members of this forum also may not like this idea. There are some members on this forum who are faithful followers of Cigarette and Liquor. These members may be irritated. You may recall that there was a big debate on this topic a few months back.

20. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

few years back " Bhutan or Nepal " except capital city ban cigarette in entire nation ...after that with in one year their per capita income rapidly increase and life quality also improved ...

using cigarette and Liquor is people choice no doubt , but government should take steps at least next generation not affected ... In Gujarat Liquor completely banned ,state government taken very good decision , people also co operating with government decision .....

w4wealth likes this.