Biggest multibaggers of indian stock markets

Discussion in 'School Of Stock Market' started by w4wealth, Dec 21, 2015.

1. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

Wipro offered an exit option for shareholders of Wipro Enterprise @ ₹367 per share in Jan 2015. Wipro Enterprises (P) Ltd. is clocking a revenue of ~ $1 billion & profits of ~ $100 million. The promoter's interest in taking the firm private explains their bullishness.

I go with FDs and other bank deposits as a savings avenue, not an investment.

Good discussion. Have you got any multi-bagger ideas? Plenty of em looking for the next Wipro, INFY.

UsernameIsTaken likes this.
  2. darth

darth Active Member

Post tax both are on par. But still FD with lower risk would be more attractive

UsernameIsTaken likes this.
  3. darth

darth Active Member

When will your thirst for multi baggers be quenched? There are already so many names doing the rounds. Somebody mentions DCB, another some apparel company, then there is JB, Granules, Camlin Fine and not to forget that sterling intl and tht indian bulls aviation and that energy company...... Just invest in these and sit tight

4. BombayBoy

darth - there's no dearth of multi-baggers but I want to identify the next L&T or sector leaders, then hopefully, buy right and sit tight.
    Yeh pyaas hai badi!

I'd like bholu's perspective on multi-baggers because even new to market investors know about Wipro & INFY & how they became what they're today. Outsourcing was a buzz word way back in the early 90s.

5. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Circumstances (Market conditions and other circumstances) were different then. We had a closed market. Ups and Downs in the global markets now immediately affect our markets. Wipro shares were held by a very investors. Major share holder was Mr. Premji himself. Now conditions are different. Wipro has changed a lot over the years.

6. New_Investor

BB. Don't you think that if you want to sit tight (i.e. invest and forget), you should invest in fixed income investments or use the mutual fund route. Because, if you want to work in share markets, you always have to stay alert (on your toes). Finding a baby Wipro, baby infosys or baby l&t is very difficult in today's circumstances. Those who were smart enough and invested (and still hold investments) in wipro or infosys or l&t, when these companies were small (babies), must be playing in money. Now, even a good astrologer cannot accurately predict a baby's future.
    PAST PERFORMANCE MAY OR MAY NOT BE REPEATED IN THE FUTURE.

Sreekumar R and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  7. BombayBoy

@New_Investor

But that's how Motilal Oswal is advertising - buy right, sit tight - sitting tight isn't really a good option - I'd become obese and have other health problems.

People cite the Wipro example without tracing its history to an IPO which was in 1946 when the company was a vegetable oil manufacturer and only later it moved to selling computer hardware and then software services in the 1990s - and that's why there's people from Amalner who landed a fortune only due to their holdings in Wipro. Now are these great stock pickers/investors or just circumstances and ignorance?

Azim Premji used to fly economy class and drive a normal car. NRN Murthy was another example of a man which we will rarely see in the future. India/World are different from what they were even at the turn of the century, I'm not even going back to the 20th century. But let them sell stories.

Gold is up. Indians who are still buying gold irrespective of what Buffett says, are looking at ~ 10-11% YTD gains.

Disclaimer : Please consider my posts in perspective.

8. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

:)
    100% Agreed. Luck has big role to play

9. New_Investor

I understood what you meant to say. In good old days, having Tata or Birla Shares was also considered a status symbol. Tata/ Birla ka share and Bata ka Joota.
    If Motilal Oswal is advertising - buy right, sit tight. That is just advertisement. Advertisements are always larger than life.

Can you suggest any such share, which can prove to be wipro, Infy or L&T in future? Any such share, which will make your future generation happy (after inheriting from you)?

10. BombayBoy

Yep, and ₹10000 in those days was a princely sum with ₹100 paidup shares.

I can't suggest anything to you, because what'd work for me may not work for you. But I'll be happy to buy some businesses - insurance, banks, utilities, shipping, consumer, industrials, resources among others. That's why I've started buying unlisted shares - RBL, HDFC Life. I don't expect any of my investments to be like a Wipro. If there's a decent return for the risk - I'm happy. Can't say if my kids will be happy with that after 20 years though.

If your next question is stock specific, I'll not cite - not a SEBI registered analyst excuse, my money is where my mouth is - stocks discussed in the thread I created - Views.

11. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

infosys chart from 1995

[​IMG]

12. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

infosys 1 share in 95 became 158 shares now.

kharb likes this.
  13. priya agrawal

priya agrawal Member

Wipro and reliance are some really big stocks i believe . I am earning good profit by making investment in them.

14. Kritesh Abhishek

Kritesh Abhishek Member

Eicher Motors, Page Industries, MRF, HUL, Symphony, etc are the few multi-baggers which are known to everyone.

However, here are few of the recent examples (March’18) of multi-bagger stocks are given below:
    • Thirumalai Chemicals (+1575.9% Returns in last 5 Years)
    • Himadri Specialty Chemicals (+1003.7% returns in last 5 years)
    • Philips Carbon Black (+1530% returns in last 5 years)
    • Balaji Amines (+1358.5% returns in last 5 years)
    • Tata Metalliks (+1630.7% returns in last 5 years)
    • Vardhaman Holdings (+618% returns in last 5 years)
    • Meghmani Organics (+1316.7% returns in last 5 years)
    Also read: What are Multi-Bagger Stocks? And How to Find Them?

I hope it helps. #HappyInvesting. Cheers!

15. Khelo MCX

Khelo MCX New Member

Biggest multi bagger stock are
    • Sun pharmaceutical
    • Kotak Mahindra Bank
    • Aurobindo Pharma ltd.

16. babli investment

babli investment New Member

You Can Buy Or Sell Unlisted Shares From Babli Investment, One Of India's Leading Broker & Trader Of Unlisted Company Shares
    Website - https://www.babliinvestment.com