Non performing stocks.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Aug 15, 2015.

1. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

Chartered Logistics was recommended by PRAKASH DIWAN at 21 for a target of 35

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    Srouta Mukherjee and w4wealth like this.
  2. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

Anantraj moved up from 38.30 to 44+

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Sold Bharti Airtel stock today even in weak market .I generally keep sector leaders in my portfolio and had kept this stock also due to same reason since long but never increased it even upto 1% of portfolio due to continous under performance.Main reasons of underperformance may be increased competion,debt and regulatory issues.But company also failed on issues under its control.First it misadventure in Africa and now dropping calls is another issue which clearly indicate company has even lost focus on local customer service,both of which don't bode well for a sector leader.Exited completely in single day today itself ,may be near to bottom price of the day.This stock don't deserve to be in my portfolio anymore,Bye Bye Bharti Airtel.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  4. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

@kharb sir , which company you are looking at to invest the sale proceeds?;)

5. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Sold J P Associates today and booked huge loss.Shifted this money to Ultratech Cement ,hope it may gain out of pain of JP Associates.Lessons are always learnt but cost is very high..Still having two more non performers in portfolio, Rel power and Tata steel,but hope both will deliver in next two years.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  6. w4wealth

tata steel is looking for buyer for their european steel plants. but not sure how it will workout.

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

In my view Tata Steel should immidiaty sell these two UK plants even if it is sold free.

w4wealth likes this.
  8. w4wealth

ha ha :) what will happen if sale dosnt occur?

9. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Exited from Tata Steel completely today.Booked losss and costly lesson learnt ,Metals are never investment stock for long term.This was last metal stock and has exited from Hindalco and Vedanta earlier.Shifted proceeds to HDFC bank ,which is always a buy idea to me in absence of any other buy idea available .

10. w4wealth

sir if you look at tata steel it is listed since 1950 or even before. if we calculate returns from then to now it will be quite good. any body know mcap of tata steel in 1950 or when it was listed.

11. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

100% Agreed. Better stay with secular growth stocks like Pharma NBFC and FMCG stocks only. Commodity stocks are dangerous.

12. Srouta Mukherjee

Very safe parking lot stock. No risk of permanent loss of capital.

13. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Exited from HSIL .I had taken token entry in this stock few months back only but was disapointed with quarterly results.It seems Swach Bharat is just slogan ,limited to TV channels and news papers Otherwise ,why quarterly profits are down ,although stock primarily caters to this ,Swach Bharat and home for every one by 2020.Suffers minor loss .More over high inventory in real Estate also a road block .So it seems Housing Finince,paints and cement industry is better proxy to real estate sector

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  14. Srouta Mukherjee

I also have HSIL stock in portfolio and wondering about it whether to keep or not. Waiting for brokerage reports.

15. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

@ Dear Kharb ji & Dear Srouta ji

Last 5 days i am busy in my House works , i purchased Hindustan sanitary ware items for my house
    after that my plumber said that " CERA " Sanitary items durability is very high and some price variation is there , but it is better than Hindustan Sanitary ware products , he said that in my experience Hindustan products chances of get cracks with in 2 years ..... in his experience CERA products quality is good ... i immediately change those sanitary ware set .... paid Rs. 3500 for total CERA total set ....price variation is just in hundreds
    this is only just information purpose

w4wealth and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  16. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Yes Cera is high end product and HSIL is mass product,that I knew even at the time of buying but I am more concerned with stagnation ,in mass product related to Modi Swach Bharat slogan .

17. Srouta Mukherjee

Sir point is quality difference in Cera and HSIL is priced in because Cera is at PE of 31.79 and HSIL is at PE of 16.59. So market is pricing high RoE of Cera and low RoE of HSIL. If eco improves and real estate market becomes good HSIL can deliver good returns. Downside in HSIL is low now IMHO.

18. Srouta Mukherjee

Angel has reco buying HSIL with TP 310

HSIL’s reported standalone numbers for 4QFY2016 have come in mostly in-line
    with our estimates. The top-line grew by 6.6% yoy to `596cr. The raw material
    cost declined by 77bp yoy to 39.9% of sales while employee and other expenses
    increased by 139bp yoy and 168bp yoy to 11.1% and 32.4% of sales,
    respectively. As a result, the EBITDA margin declined by 230bp yoy to 16.6%.
    Interest cost was lower by 49.9% yoy while tax rate was higher at 38.5% vs 30.8%
    in 4QFY2015. Consequently, the bottom-line de-grew by 4.3% yoy to `38cr.

Building products’ performance under pressure; but long term prospects intact:
    The quarterly numbers for the core Building products division were under pressure
    reflecting overall sluggishness in the new construction market. However, the
    Faucets division continued its strong performance which will likely drive the
    revenue growth in the near term. On the profitability front, the company has
    made incremental investments in setting up its sales channel for the Consumer
    products division and increased its advertisement spend by roping in some
    Bollywood celebrities to endorse products, coupled with initial losses in the
    consumer products business which impacted segmental margins during the
    quarter. However, the Management has indicated that excluding the cost for
    development of sales channel, the EBIT margin for the core business is stable. We
    believe that the margin for the segment should improve gradually once the
    Consumer products division’s sales pick up. In the longer run, we expect HSIL to
    leverage on its strong position/brand in the sanitaryware industry to capitalize on
    improvement in the real-estate sector.

Packaging products’ profitability improves: Although the segment has posted
    muted growth numbers on the top-line front, the profitability of the segment has
    improved on account of a better product mix in terms of revenue composition,
    better cost management, and due to decline in fuel prices. Going forward, the
    Management has acknowledged the threat of further prohibition on liquor by state
    governments but expects the damage to be somewhat offset by rising beer consumption.

Outlook and valuation: We has revised downwards our estimates for FY2017
    for both Building and Packaging products segments but expect FY2018E to be
    better on account of contribution from newer businesses as well as pick up in
    volumes. Further, favorable pricing for the core Building products business should
    also aid the company in delivering better numbers.

At the current market price, the stock trades at 15.0x its FY2018E earnings. We
    have an Accumulate rating on the stock with a target price of `310.

Attached Files:

19. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Somebody called ‘Guest’ was also furious: “The market may go up, it may also go down. Wow – very sound strategic call. Even God cannot save us from such idiots.

These analysts and TV ans are hand in glove speculators and because of their vested interest commentary the retail clients suffers the most The TV ans are the voice of the speculators who wants the markets to behave based on their positions” rajivekedia mourned.

The important aspect is that while novice investors are distraught at the volte-face, even knowledgeable investors mocked Ambit.

Excerpted from : https://rakesh-jhunjhunwala.in/novi...day-call-by-saurabh-mukherjeas-ambit-capital/

20. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Exited from united spirits at loss yesterday,I just took token entry to track the stock but it seems it is going no where.