RELIANCE INDUSTRIES ,RIPE FOR UP MOVE AFTER LONG UNDER PERFORMANCE ?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Jan 13, 2016.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I have been bullish in RIL since last quarter .I had started to post about RIL in thread , non performing stocks, that it is now time to recover ,after that it was discussed along with ADAG group .But now today is perfect time to run a separate thread for RIL,Looks of a Winner. Market is at lowest point point of last one and half year.But RIL is roaring at 52 weeks high.A great saviour of Indian stock market at this crucial time.I have great hopes from this old hero to out perform for some time .Uncertain Times Needs Certain Stocks.As a disclosure RIL has the maximum weightage in my present Portfolio and is my great saviour from recent blood bath and this thread is just for discussion and not at all any recommendation to buy.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Good show :)

3. San8422

San8422 Active Member

4. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

It crossed your target today,
    It crossed your target of 1080 , as it touched 1089.75 today.,hopefully might have exited and made good money.The reason that stock has not moved beyond 1150 in last five years make you cautious ,is the exact reason of my bullishness.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  5. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

sir are you trading in ril?

6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

No ,I am invested in RIL and intent to stay invested beyond 2016 .

w4wealth likes this.
  7. w4wealth

sir i think if crude price go further down to 25 usd reliance may be affected since it is a producer.but if you are looking for value creation through demerger of reliance retail, 4g then it is good in loong term. sir what is your buy price for ril?

8. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

No I am just betting on its past underperformance and it is also in its last leg of expansions and Capital expenditures,which must give some return to company after completion.

9. w4wealth

reliance jio will be launched fully by dec 16.
    will it be successful bringing a data boom. or it will go the rcom way?
    jio is taking huge debts to launcd 4g. jio alone has 33000 cr debt. will it pay off considering the high competiotion in the market.

10. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

33000 Crore is peanuts for RIL.

11. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I am looking for midcap becoming large cap stocks. Many blue chip mid-cap stocks are there at good valuation

kharb likes this.
  12. w4wealth

it is. but total debt is 96000 cr.
    what about competition idea, airtel, vodafone

13. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Total cash with RIL is also almost same.Jio is less important to Mukesh Ambani but more important to small share holder,as RIL stock can double only if Rel Jio is successful.

14. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I also want same ,can you name few mid cap which you think can be large cap.

15. darth

darth Active Member

What competition? RIL will offer services for free thus decimating all competition. Afterall even a massive 33k crore is just peanuts for RIL.

Btw can somebody tell me what 33k crs as a percent of RIL Mcap?

16. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="darth, post: 16396,

Btw can somebody tell me what 33k crs as a percent of RIL Mcap?[/QUOTE]
    RIL falls many times this much during week/month every year.RIL will certainly survive even with full failure of Rel Jio and can still mantain it's present profits.But Long term small share holders of many decades ( even with stagnating performance)like me will say Good Bye to RIL ,never to return in this life time thinking that sons of Dhirubhai are not capable as worthy hairs to great Indian Enterpenures of last century.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  17. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

I think people are just vary of Reliance Jio a bit too much. The kind of infra penetration, brand value and array of services that Airtel, Idea, Voda have provided is quite hard to beat. Reliance may have deep pockets, but thats not the defining factor. I feel Jio launch is a bit late and other operators have run ahead of them quite a bit. Along with that, there is no prior experience of Reliance Industries in this field except borrowed one from Reliance Communications (that too, maybe). So I dont think Jio will do a lot so soon, as many people are vary of.

33k crore is around 10% of mcap of reliance.

18. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

If Qualty and price are competitive ,time is irrelvent.we don't leave in age of faithful customer. If Quality and price are better people can jump faster than monkeys.

19. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

I am not sure that if the price is cheaper then everyone will be jumping on board. They may for sometime, but if you make them suffer then they'll switch. In any case, companies which sell stuff at a loss or a wafer thin margin dont sustain much longer, I think. Like e-commerce companies which are burning investor money instead of generating their own cash. In the long term, you need to provide great service at a good price to keep people loyal to you and that will be Reliance's big test. Airtel, Idea, Vodafone also have big pockets and credible brands, so it is highly unlikely that Jio is just going to blow them out of the water. It'll be good competition though, lets wait and watch!

20. Mrityunjay

Mrityunjay New Member

Oh so RIL buys peanuts also on borrowed money ?

darth and BombayBoy like this.