Claris life sciences ... Is it gud buy now ?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by stockjeet18, Apr 22, 2015.

1. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Time horizon : 5 years ...please share your views...

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Why don't you set out your investment thesis if you have already studied the stock. Then we can cross-examine it and see whether we agree with your analysis or not.

3. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

I googled it but couldnt get adequate info ... So posted here... If u knw pls share ji... This forum seems to be excellent...

4. Meenakshi Razdan

Ok. I'll see if I can find anything to kick-start our discussion.

5. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

I am awaiting mam..! :)

6. Meenakshi Razdan

I did a quick look-up of Claris Lifesciences. The company appears to be struggling a bit. The sales have dipped from 780 cr in CY12 to 677 cr in CY13 to 641 cr in CY14. The EBITDA has also slumped. The Company has a poor average ROE of about 8.5%.

I found a research report by Edelweiss which points out that the Management has guided for revenue growth of 30% and EBITDA margin to stabilise at ~32‐35% over the next 3 years, as the US starts delivering. However, Edelweiss has not rated the stock.

The Edelweiss report is attached (login required to download).

I don't think there is anything particularly exciting about Claris especially in the light of the other options available in the Pharma space.

Is there any specific reason you were attracted to Claris?

Attached Files:

7. georgev

georgev New Member

Claris is in news .. Wonder whether if its a buy .. Wait watch and see the developments keenly... :)

Cadila Healthcare to acquire Claris Lifesciences for Rs 3,400 crore
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/47363956.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Attached is a report by Sunidhi Securities on Claris Lifescriencs about a month old :)

Attached Files:

8. Meenakshi Razdan

Thanks for the Sunidhi report. The Cadila news is a bonanza for Claris, especially the part that Cadila will pay a significant premium for the division. What Claris intends to do with the sale proceeds will determine its future prospects.

9. Ajay Kumar

Ajay Kumar New Member

Claris lif science : Positive point : cadila health care deal in future.....last quarter resut thunderous 50% profit....new injectible buisness..... please share ur view ......

and please share view on NCC....even rakesh jhunujunawala also have stake in NCC..... my NCC price is 98

10. shikhar

shikhar New Member

Claris management has guided for 30 to 35% growth and it's a strong player in generic injectibles pharma business. Stock looks undervalued for this kind of growth, views of members invited.

11. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

target price of ` 412 at a P/E of 1 2 x on FY17E..... Why such a low PE?

12. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@Mr Pathak.Thiss fellow seems to have chronic problem of developing a business- he does it efficiently-and selling whole or part of it. He has already done it twice earlier and he intends to sell again a part to cadila. Earlier this sold a well run company by the name synthico or plethico,then about two years back he sold a well run infusion division to japanise pharma company and now he intends to sell again a part to Cadila.why does he do it? To reduce debt. ?But some experts have doubt on this issue. His integrity is not above suspicion .But this fellow has a knack of starting and and developing a pharma business well.

13. shikhar

shikhar New Member

PE Investor Carlyle which held 11% had exited Claris Lifesciences earlier in this year.
    Now, other FIIs have increased their stake in Claris Lifesciences from 13.97% as at June 30, 2015 to 17.72% as at Sept 30, 2015 which means increase of 27%. So market confidence in this stock appears to be slowly coming back. May be when Claris posts better business performance as guided by management and secures USFDA approvals that company has applied for its products, Claris Lifesciences will pick up momentum

14. gaurav

gaurav New Member

Quick info on Claris:
    They are into generic injectables space...now injectables are pretty difficult to manufacture....thus leaves it vulnerable to FDA inspection wrath....but if it gets its act together on compliance it can work wonders...because their is a real shortage of generic injectables in the regulated markets.. another blockbuster drug propofol is going off patent and claris will be one of the only manufacturers of propofol in injectables......
    Propofol has a huge market share this i got to know from Neuland Laboratories who are planning to manufacture propofol api themselves in solid form......

so could be a great opportunity...
    disc: invested

15. shakti khanduri

@Srouta Mukherjee ,@kharb ,,@elegantly_wasted
    You must be aware of latest news about claris althogh it is in my holdings,baught@200 round six months back and intend to exit soon.I baught this stock on just my lucky intution,not on insight.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  16. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

My Shilpa Medicare is doing good. Huge gains are there. I have big lot :)

17. elegantly_wasted

elegantly_wasted Member

Have not been tracking this one. Shilpa, agree with @Srouta Mukherjee. Good quarterly results and trend likely to continue.

18. shakti khanduri

My intention is to draw your attention on the integrity of management, while making investment,which is in my view lacking in this company,yet I invested ignoring my own opinion,hoping for change in intrgrity. I had invested for long term. My mistake! Lesson learnt.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  19. shakti khanduri

Congratulation. How big is your bat?What percent of your portfolio?