RELIANCE INDUSTRIES ,RIPE FOR UP MOVE AFTER LONG UNDER PERFORMANCE ?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Jan 13, 2016.

1. saturn

saturn Member

Indeed a wonderful scrip. It hit a high today. Infact it hit a seven year high!!!!! I have never been a long term investor in RIL (like somebody who invested in RIL on 19th May 2009 at 1,122/-) or I would have then indeed sought some explaining the merits of the stock . Thankfully I invested the amount which has yielded a conservative 15% CAGR and this amount of 1,122/- today already is almost Rs3,000/- .

2. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

We see what happened to PSU banks, bsnl, air India etc after competion with pvt sector. So similar is going to happen with Oil PSU. So better to shift to RIL from Oil PSU to escape from value erosion. Also ride on RIL Petro Chemical cycle up move, polyester sector up move due to global shortage of cotton, packaging up move as RIL control raw material for packaging industry and above all ride best data play in Digital Era of India. Now RIL will mint money for share holders from year 2017.I expect mutual funds and FII to over weight in RIL sooner than later, as no body would like to miss the ride . Good Time for RIL share holder, I am also small one

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Farhan Ghumra likes this.
  3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Any up turn in crude is positive for RIL.It looks every thing is turning positive for RIL

4. saturn

saturn Member

@kharb ji, Do you think Mukeshji will induct Anmolji into RIL?

And yes, once you are done with your Modi bashing and Gandhi praises, please do revert with your expert views on where is Oil headed?

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

RIL again emerging a wealth creator

Analysts estimate company's earnings growth to sustain in double digit and return on equity to inch up, following a trend reversal in FY2016

The Reliance Industries’ (RIL)’s stock, which has been doing well since October 2015, scaled up to its 27-month high of Rs 1,129.55 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) intra-day this week. And, there is more to come, analysts estimate the company’s earnings growth to sustain in double digits and consequently return on equity (ROE, a key valuation parameter) to inch up. RIL’s earnings growth was muted since 2011-12, while ROE consistently fell from the peak level of 22.5 per cent in 2006-07 to 11 per cent in 2014-15. Both these parameters picked up in 2015-16. ...

https://www.business-standard.com/a...emerging-a-wealth-creator-116092701035_1.html

kharb likes this.
  6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

'RIL beats all street estimates with second quarter profit at 7704 crore, record itself.In my view this will be stock which will push nifty and market to new highs for next few years. Super cycle of RIL has started after launch of Rel Jio, completion of all major capital intensive projects and should start trading at all time high levels sooner than later.Presently stock is trading at mouth watering valuations, which may not remain so for long. All my views are for discussion only and I never recommend any stock.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

RIL is now at multiyear high and will make all time record high very soon.It may cover all past under performance.As predicted it will be RIL that will help NIFTY and Sensex to make new record highs . Cheers to all share holders

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Sooper gains are there stock is going for circuit. Congrats :)

Looks like it if Jio gives profit :)

kharb likes this.
  9. G_One

G_One Member

Kharb ji, with all due respect, jio will be a loss maker for reliance for atleast next few years. Half the user base will vanish once free stuff is gone. Further if you know how telecom works, the margins are very thin again, jio and its pricing will help get market share but wil operate on negative margin. When the push prices up, then there will be loss of user base.

The current run up is just a market rush and possibly an exit for those who have been sitting on the shares from over 8 years to break even. I maybe wrong, but this is what will be the future as per me.

Cheers
    G1

10. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

In my view Rel Jio will make profit if ARPU is near 300 Rupees That means if Rel Jio is able to get 300 Rupees per user per month ,it will be profitable .In India average ARPU has been around 300 Rupees when many telecom compnies were making good profits three years back.These figures are my views based on my understanding and memory which can be wrong also .Now Rel Jio is launching its major Scheme around 300 rupees per user per month with 1 GB data daily.These are the right rates which consumers has been mostly paying on average basis but with very limited uses Now Rel Jio will charge same Rs 300 per month but users will be having plenty of data for use along with free voice call. I agree that many customers as rightly mentioned by you may desert after free lunch closes.But first killing competiton and then making money has been RIL game since long and they have perfected it.
    After getting customers Rel may also increase rates slowly after one year

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  11. G_One

G_One Member

ARPU for the tele cos is after so many years of existance. For Jio to earn back its investments which have gone into building it, do you think ARPU will suffice? They need to charge user for it in some way to cover the investments and the debts. So I dont expect to see Jio reporting profits for few years.

Cheers
    G1

12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Talking about Debt for Reliance is irrelevant RIL generate huge cash ,but it deploy it's cash for treasury gains and get loans at cheapest rates .More over it pay lot of taxes will save lot of taxes with its capital projects including Rel Jio .More over its Pet Chem investment cycle is complete and with e commerce compnies hospitalized due to losses and expected to reduce sell discounts ,RIL retail business will also start giving huge profits.So in my view this is just start of multiyear up move by RIL.Lot of FII ,DII,Mutual Funds and big investers have been underweight RIL for last many years,now I expect buying from them which will push stock higher.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    w4wealth likes this.
  13. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

MS (Morgan Stanley) has revised target upwards of RIL to 1506.I am of the view ,soon Ms may have to revise their target upwards.RIL may facilitate NIFTy and Sensex Climbing new high and RIL uptrend has just started .Lot of FII ,DII,Mutual funds may be having mad rush for buying RIL now ,as they now face underperforming their benchmark due to underweight in RIL.I have been over weight on RIL for some time and now portfolio is moving up along with RIL..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Farhan Ghumra likes this.
  14. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Rel Jio to start charging after mid night .For RIL share holders ,money will start ringing from more than 72 Million customers(still counting) after mid night.Good time for RIL stock holder start from April 1,2017.RIL stock has made April fool of those stock experts who think that days of RIL were over

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  15. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Great Show ,as predicted by me Nifty when ever it will hit 10000,there may be one Big Noise,Only Vimal( RIL.),looks of a Winner.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  16. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

There is nothing negative for RIL in Trai order for closing its Rel Jio Summer Surprise order.Already Rel Jio has enough customers.More over Rel Jio is free to offer attractive packages to attract customer.Ultimately Rs 303 Monthly plan will be main plan of Rel Jio,which will be Win Win for Rel Jio and Customers.Customers also know how Airtel had fleeced customers when there was less competion and old players were realy looting customers for net charges..I am already now on Rel Jio.Reliance Products has always been best in terms of price.RIL had always believed in volumes with less margin.And in telecom ,this RIL old time tested policy will prove to be winning bet .So enjoy Rel Jio 4 G Services at most competitive price.Rel Jio will no doubt will be People's Prefered Telecom Services Provider .

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  17. Srouta Mukherjee

RIL stock is looking strong not much reaction is there for trai order so it means market is not worried because customer base is already there :)

kharb likes this.
  18. Srouta Mukherjee

100% agreed i have also shifted to jio because Vodafone gave bogus offer to me with no match for jio offer. I am getting V. Good speed for download and surfing internet from jio so i am very happy :)

kharb likes this.
  19. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

RIL is now most valuable company of India with highest market cap,Cheers to all share holders,I feel it will keep its place for atleast next few years .Rel share holders,Jio Jio .

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  20. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

It seems that RIL may do Rel Jio in fuel retail sector , OMC like BPCL,IOC,HPCL may feel heat from RIL.We had always seen what competition has done to PSU in sector like PSU banking,Air India ,MTNL,BSNL ,HMT and list is big .Will it be now turn of OMCs to be included in this list?. .For RIL share holder ,future is much more bright than it was anticipated.This is no recommendations to buy or sell any stock but for discussion with members.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017