Non performing stocks.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Aug 15, 2015.

1. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

@kharb ji
    you have done a very good job ....
    because Infosys management it self declared poor future growth projections ... it is sufficient for us
    so it is wise to escape from this stock ....

kharb likes this.
  2. Gauravcham

Gauravcham New Member

It is important to ride the relevant waves in the markets. Next 5 years belongs to quality chemical stocks, dairy products, financials, INfra so portfolio has to be build accordingly.

3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Exited 1/3 of Lupin last week and 1/3 today.Pharma is under strain,big portion of profit has been wiped out already ,my buying price has been 900 and stock has crossed 2000 but major portion of profit has been evouprated in greed..I know sector will come back but protection of Capital is important than profits.

shakti khanduri likes this.
  4. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

60% profit on investment is wiped out of the possible 100% RoI . thats big. why you waited so long?

5. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Lupin is very strong fundamentaly good company,I could not guess that Lupin will faulter like this .During last interview on TV ,Lupin Management looks convincing about future ,but I think market situation is difficult for pharma companies on both growth and price front .

6. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Th
    Thankfully the bus started on its return journey and it's speed then allowed you to jump off.

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Rakesh Jhunjhunwala rided this Bus for many year.So I never expected ,return journey to start so early after I took a ride ,may be I was in sleeping mode in comfort of Big investers:).But still atleast almost all my Capital is back to my bank and 1/3 free stock holding remains in my portfolio.Will keep a watch if tide again turn up to again catch the Bus to Dalal Street :)

8. krish123

krish123 Member

tata steel is gem just hold it tight dont sell on rally, next decade it will wipe out losses of other stock and and make you wealth rich

9. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Completely exited from Idfc Bank and proceeds shifted to RIL. Idfc bank has been big disappointment in this great bull run in financial sector, it is under priced stock and may reward long term investors but I am exiting to reduce stocks in my portfolio.

10. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

@kharb

Aren't you a long term investor?

What in your wisdom went wrong with the strong belief you had in IDFC Bank? Why isn't the bank stock not rallying?

11. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Yes I am a long term investor, but can not remain invested for a long period in a company which is laggard in a sector(financial) which is in roaring bull market. May be IDFC Bank turn around soon but I have lost my patience. I bet on a wrong jockey when Kotak and HDFC Bank are there. To err is human. We make mistake to prove law of averages .Some time we ignore good advice (you know :))

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    mail2brad and shakti khanduri like this.
  12. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@kharb Your statement is full of wisdom and hallmark of successfull investor.

13. wild_hipman

IDFC Bank rocks today. Closes +10%. At avg cost ~54/- sold 1/3rd yielding a cool 15% in 2.5 months

Victor likes this.
  14. mail2brad

mail2brad New Member

Never thought of this, but jayant agro also becoming a non performing one since months. had very good profits but profits are reducing with the share falling every day since 2-3 months.

15. wild_hipman

@kharb,

So will be see Reliance Capital being mentioned in this thread?

16. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

You along with investors in forum very well know that I had exited my full investment in Rel Capital on Sept 21, around Rs 750 after getting free R home fin stocks and it was mentioned in Thread Reliance Capital on same day. So it performed for me when I was bullish on it. You and @shakti khanduri even asked why and I replied to that. Yes free stocks of Rel Home and very small portion from free stocks of Rel Capital may be there, which is very small insignificant part of portfolio. I don't have any view on Rel Capital as of now, but I am bullish on L&t fin, DHFL and Aditya Birla Capital in NBFC space.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  17. wild_hipman

Let me refresh your memory - your post of 21st September mentions 40% reduction of Rel Cap.

Strange you now mention entire was offloaded on 21st.

Now no view on Rel Cap - a high conviction, high growth stock of yours till just a couple of months ago. What happened my friend. Afterall it's still led by the super Anil Ambani and not to forget even his son.

Nothing wrong in admitting that the scrip needs to move to this thread.

And finally, you may have given some reply to my dear @shakti khanduri but my question about the rationale to sell (40% and not entire) remains unanswered to date. Anyways not answering my sharp often inconvinient questions seems to be the order of day.

18. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

On 21Sep 2017,my own investment in Rel Capital was just around 40% and rest 60% of was apriciation in price and free stocks of Rel Home. I had withdrawn my original entire investment on that day at around 750(how it can be without any change of view) , subsequently also sold some free portion at higher prices immediately after but still holds entire free shares of Rel Home and some portion of Free stocks of Rel Capital . After getting good returns I can not say this as non performing stock

19. wild_hipman

Maybe only for the great @kharb withdrawing original investment means exiting the stock completely. when mathematically if investment is 40% of mkt value and it stands recovered -then 60% of the shares originally held remain unsold. and this fact is now acknowledged by you stating you sold some more shares subsequently. I pity the once again strange strategy of still holding on to shares in which suddenly there is no longer any conviction and in the bargain incurring losses as the price slid to sub-500

The earlier strange strategy being exiting out from an undervalued growth stock (Reliance Cap) to entry into currently high priced growth stock (you didn't mention the names back then)

20. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

But sudden change of opinion without radical change of fundamentals is not investing in my opinion.