Just lost my salary equivalent in Infy futures

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by PrashantA, Aug 22, 2017.

1. PrashantA

PrashantA New Member

Hi tehre, I just lost my salary equivalent on my pick i.e, Infy Futures (bought at 952). Instead of buying, if I had done a short selling, would have made a lot of money. Obviously I am shitting bricks right now and do not know what to do.
    Should I continue investing in stocks/derivatives or take a break and let the loss sync in. I am really scared of my wrong decisions now.

2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

dont do futures if you are not a professional futures trader or not having indepth knowledge in futures trading.there is only two way out of a futures trade- a big loss or a big gain. and in 95% time you will get only the first outcome if you are not professional.

3. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Very Sad and painful situation , please dont panic sir
    I want to share my views with you sir
    After your loss, you recognized your risk apatite with salary comparison , it is very costly lesson

First all traders and Investors know his Risk Apatite ,
    after that he must know his capabilities , market knowledge , and his weak points also
    and more over First decide Trading or Investment Goals
    make trade or investment strategy and do back test and if it is successful , do forward live market paper trading then know your system success rate and start trading with equity and do it for one complete financial year and if you make profit slowly do paper trading with options with very low capital
    Every trade or Investment you have to decide Stop Loss also
    and make Trade plan with money management and Risk Managements are very very essential

ALL THE BEST SIR

PrashantA likes this.
  4. PrashantA

PrashantA New Member

Thanks for your kind words, Sir. Indeed its a difficult lesson to swallow but there is a lot to learn as you rightly mentioned. Biggest lesson is to avoid impulsive trading. I am going to start paper trading and do it for a while. Regards.

5. Kritesh Abhishek

Kritesh Abhishek Member

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.
    Learnings: Do not invest in futures if you don't have enough knowledge and experience.

Further, do not be dishearted. Invest in good stocks and you can easily make much more than what you have lost. Go for long term approach. And do proper study before investing.

6. PrashantA

PrashantA New Member

Thanks.

7. om sangani

om sangani New Member

Kindly watch this interview. Maybe helpful for future.
    And please maintain stoploss and targets if you are trading.

8. PrashantA

PrashantA New Member

Thanks. very helpful.