Can some expert please advise on following stocks if to hold for next 1 year or book los?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Nanmith, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Nanmith

Nanmith New Member

Can some expert please advise on following stocks if to hold for next 1 year or book loss now, any ideas when these stocks will reach the buy price in near future ?

Nocil @ 49
    Sintex @ 112
    Shreyas Shipping @ 680
    Kitex @ 793
    Kopran @ 60
    Aksh Opti Fiber @ 16
    Nitesh Estates @ 18

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Well, I cant claim to be an expert. The stocks in your list are good companies. However, the problem is that investors feel lost when they buy stocks without a study of their fundamentals and without any conviction.

I don't think there is an easy answer to your question. Some of the stocks in your list are well-known and are capable of good growth in the future. However, it is essential that you develop your own conviction levels. You cannot rely on the opinion of others.

I suggest you dispassionately study the research reports and see if you can develop conviction in at least some of the stocks. That should bring some confidence and enable you to take a firm decision.

If you feel unable to research these stocks on your own, then the sensible advice would be to sell all of them and invest in a balanced Model Portfolio prepared by a reputed brokerage. The advantage of the Model Portfolios is that they are prepared after due attention to fundamentals of the stocks and are also balanced sector-wise. I think it is better to rely upon such portfolios rather than to rely upon some stranger's advice.

3. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

@Nanmith buddy the whole market is going down, thats why your stocks are also under pressure. If your objective was to trade for short term, then I am afraid you will not get your buying price. Keep holding them and wait till the dust settles. Right now there are a lot of factors (both internal and external) which is causing the volatility and downside in the market. Close down your broker terminal and dont look at it for 6 months - 1 year. Hold only the stocks in which you have conviction.

4. Nanmith

Nanmith New Member

thanks much @dineshkapoor27 and @Meenakshi Razdan for your valuable thoughts. I definitely have conviction in all of these stocks as I have researched their fundamentals and also tracked charts on their 50 and 200 day MA, but seeing the massive fall in all of them is what triggered me to ask the query. Some stocks inspite of good fundamentals take lots of time to reach their target prices like it happened to me with my reliance industries stock bought 5 years ago at 1200 levels and since then it has never reached this level even if the stock is fundamentally very good and trading also happens on this stock. I did not want to repeat the same mistake with these stocks hence was wondering and asked the query, some stocks become wealth destroyers so wanted to take precaution...

5. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

@Nanmith unfortunately no one can predict that. I mean who knows that nocil becomes a multibagger for you in 3 months, or doesn't move even for years. There are fundamental and technical cues which can only help to make your decision. No one can say for sure what will happen exactly and when. I mean look at the fate of banks. Every one was "bullish" on it, and still they are languishing. The state of the market is like that, not a lot of people are buying.

6. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Many experts say that sintex is lambi race ka
    Kitex was running recently but after black friday (03/09/2015). Can't say.

7. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

An article in economic times said that markets are most likely to rebound after 17th September 2015.

8. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Well, we should keep an eye on these events but focusing too much on such ultra-short term events may not be a sensible investment strategy. I think the prudent course of action is to identify a few stocks that are strong on fundamental parameters and which are quoting at reasonable valuations and to invest in them in a consistent and systematic manner, whatever may be the state of the market.

9. debjit

debjit New Member

Advertisement for personal benefit , NOT for community benefit .

Should not be done on such serious thread .

Please remove this .
    hope others will agree with me .

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
    Raaz and Michael Gonsalves like this.
  10. Michael Gonsalves

Michael Gonsalves Member Staff Member

Thanks. The message has been deleted and the poster banned.

Raaz and debjit like this.