Secular growth stocks with 5+ year horizon suitable for 10%+ of PF

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by jarmoney, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Mohan

Mohan New Member

My picks are:-
    1. Lloyd Electric (89/-)
    2. Atul Auto
    3. Ashiana Housing
    4. Zicom Security (160/-)
    5. Gulshan Polyols (230/-)
    6. Nitin Spinners
    7. Mayur Uniquoters (170/-)
    8. Madhucon Projects (29/-)

Figures in brackets are my average entry price. Others, I a have no stake. Already run up significantly but, wish I were part of that bandwagon.

Mr Yogi likes this.
  2. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

@Mohan great picks buddy! I am sure you are sitting on some good profits. Nitin spinners is good, but it has already more than doubled in a few weeks. I really like Sutlej Textiles, although that has also rallied a lot in the recent past. It still has the potential to become really big! Have a look at it. Atul auto, I am not too sure of though. I mean it does have a huge market share but competing companies are gaining on it and with the advent of personal vehicles and taxi cabs, I wouldn't be a long term investor in that. I love Ashiana Housing!

Mr Yogi and Mohan like this.
  3. saurabh kurichh

saurabh kurichh New Member

Instead of stocks we can also conduct a sector un first then take top 5 stocks from the sector .

4. Mohan

Mohan New Member

Thanks. I would like think that Ashiana is offering an excellent entry point once again; only if looked at a 2-3 year horizon. Atul Auto :- Yes may or maynot continue at that rate, but one of the best bets still.

5. farmer_1987

farmer_1987 New Member

Guys,Wat r ur views on Prozone intu properties,Richa industries,FDC

6. stockjeet

stockjeet New Member

In my view, it should be some pharma stock..! 5+ yrs means it should be from defensive sector and 5 pharma stocks will be more than enough to mitigate the usfda ban risks ...

1. It should have strong pipeline
    2. Gud R&D
    3. Never deviated from GMP
    4. regularly filing ANDA s and getting approval
    5. Improving margins and increasing volumes
    6. Growth oriented management etc..,

7. stockjeet

stockjeet New Member

Eicher motors should be in core portfolio..! Royal Enfield is in initial point of its long journey and it can make gud ride ... Still Demand is huge and supply is less ..very hard to get a stock like Eicher ... Higher pe is reasonable only ... What else we need ...!

8. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

NO RATE HIKE BY FED. NEGATIVE FOR US STOCKS. POSITIVE FOR INDIAN MARKETS? HIGH VOLATILITY IN INDIAN MARKETS DUE TO UNCERTAINTY REGARDING FUTURE FED ACTION.

9. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

I think much of the rate hike issue was already priced in. I feel we should not obsess so much about the overall market but should instead focus on individual stocks.

10. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

I think Investors please wait for 2 months ....In November 2015
    NSE revises lot-size of F&O contracts of 151 stocks, 8 indices
    from that new contract ....

The move comes after market regulator Sebi's decision in July to hike the minimum investment size for any equity derivative product to Rs 5 lakh from Rs 2 lakh. so please watch " November Rollover positions and Bihar Election results and after that make a decision to Fresh Investment ideas

please read this ....

https://www.business-standard.com/a...s-of-151-stocks-8-indices-115081000703_1.html

NSE also said "the day spread order book will not be available for the combination contract of October 2015 - November 2015 expiry".

Nifty Lot Size also revised
    The market lots on derivatives has been hiked for 151 individual stocks. BHEL, Reliance Industries, Hero MotoCorp, HDFC, Lupin, Kotak Bank, TCS, Bajaj Auto, GAIL, State Bank of India, TCS, Cipla, Tata Motors, were among the key stocks for which the lots were revised upwards.

Meanwhile, NSE has revised downwards the market lots in derivative contracts for Bosch, Eicher Motors, MRF and Page Industries.

ALL THE BEST BROTHERS

suchi likes this.
  11. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

In my view Slowly invest in dips is wise idea , because " china effect , Indian Elections , Lot Size Change from November 2015 in NSE , America Fed Interest rates, Greece effect etc.... may be come rapidly so slowly infuse money in stock market....

suchi likes this.
  12. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

For Long Term Investors , Who want safety and Growth and good Dividend Yield , for those investors i suggest some stocks ....

1.Noidatoll Bridge
    2.NMDC
    3.ONGC
    4.GAIL
    5.Reliance Industries
    6.Hindustan Unilever
    7.BIOCON
    8.Munjal Showa
    9.NTPC
    10.ICICI Bank

ALL THE BEST BROTHERS

Mr Yogi, shijith, suchi and 1 other person like this.
  13. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

I would pick stocks from the Banking Sector, Pharma Sector,Telecom Sector & Commercial Vehicle sector. In terms of stocks my picks would be :

IDFC Bank - Clean Book, Lowest cost / income ration, good management, know what it takes to build an institution. The kicker for me personally is that they will also be entering the Home loan markets from next year on. This is one stock I will hope to hand over to my daughter a couple of decades down the line.

Shilpa Medicare - Very focused Oncology player. Investment cycle for the next three years is done with. Off patent opportunities they can take part in are significant. Superb financial discipline. Long long headroom left in this stock.

Reliance Industries - Their telecom play is being underestimated. Keep in mind that globally in all markets, there are only around 4 players in each market. In India it is far more fragmented. With Reliance entering, there is bound to be consolidation of this USD 65 Bn market in India, growing at 19% p.a, offering net profits around 17%. On this basis, incremental EPS for Reliance can be around INR 60 post acquiring a 20% market share. When you add this to their existing business and retail, we are looking at a somewhat unbelievable but possible value of close to INR 2500 for RIL in a few years from now.

Shriram Transport Finance - With all this emphasis on roads and infra, and with interest rates coming down, commercial vehicles will do well. Rather than bet on one player, I prefer to play it thru a service provider who services that industry.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  14. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

10 years perspective......wow.

Nobody can predict the next year and a 10 year perspective is being asked for. I wouldnt buy any share with an upfront 10 year perspective. I has to remain nimble footed on the stockmarket - for developments happen fast and furious and opinions/views on the markets and individual stocks remain fickle and subject to change at the drop of the hat.

But if i were to told to put money (somebody elses money with a mandate of forget for next 5-10 year) the stocks i would select stocks from the commodites, alternate power and realty space, tata motors, hero moto, ITC, Shemaroo, gillete, L&T, ultratech, indusind bank, DCB, maruti, britannia, reliance, aurobindo pharma, granules and syngene

Mr Yogi and w4wealth like this.
  15. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

And contrary views and challenges to what i have handed out are most welcome :)

16. Bimal

Bimal New Member

Below is my stock portfolio. Your comments are welcome.

Axis Bank
    Cholamandalam Fin
    Tata Motors
    Yes Bank
    DHFL
    Relaxo
    Thomas Cook
    Ashiana
    Atul Auto
    Century Plyboard
    Granules
    HSIL
    KPR Mills
    Orient Cement
    Repco
    Suven Iifescience
    TCPL

Mr Yogi likes this.
  17. Adiy

Adiy New Member

18. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Why commodities?

19. Fun_Da_Mentalist

My only observation is there are too many stocks in the portfolio. Of course, risk diversification is important; but there is also such a thing as diversifying away your profits, when the risk adjusted return may be very sub optimal. So please think very hard as to why you have so many stocks. If you could have only four of these, which would those be? If you had to drop three names immediately, which would those be?

20. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

These are all blue chip stocks and cannot go wrong with them even in long run.