Non performing stocks.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Aug 15, 2015.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I also burnt my figures also in Central Bank on same recommendation but lucky to come out recently at 100 at reduced loss.But I take all blame on myself as Raamdev has just recommened.He had not asked my broker to buy it for me,it was I who took that wrong decision.After that I have decided not to invest in PSU at all.

2. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am bullish on ADAG in general and Rel Capital in particular not because of banking licence.I am bullish becuase ADAG group has acknowlged its foolishness in Unplanned business exposures specially in Rel Capital. For last few years R cap has vantured into unrelated and fancy sectors .Now they are coming out of this mistake and going to concentrate on finiance business only.This company has good business verticals .It has third largest housing portfolio ,hold a great mutual fund business ,has two insurance compnies doing reasonably well.After proper focus this company can out smart Bajaj finiance .Grossly under priced stock paid heavy price of earlier wrong steps of ADAG group,But now business under repair mode.Any entity ,company or a person coming out of wrong decisions after acknowldgment can be a good bet.Can be multibagger.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    shakti khanduri likes this.
  3. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Right. Analyst, Experts always use the word "likely". They say that the particular share/ stock is likely to go up. The don't guarantee that their tip is 100% failproof. They are sure that their is always a possibility that their tip may fail. Because "YOU CAN NEVER TIME THE MARKET". If the expert was 100% sure that his tip is failproof, he would put all his money in the stock and earn handsome profit. Why would he waste his time and energy answering viewers queries?

4. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Still, I don't think that it qualifies for long term investment. Recently it has taken over Goldman sachs mf. Let us see how RMF performs. RCap ok for Short term.

5. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

Your sound reasoning made me relook at Reliance Cap. Pospects look encouraging. Only concern is -whether negativities like poor image of the group & significant pledged shares are already factored in?Promoter is already reducing them,

6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I have been making positive comments about ADAG group and has posted many comments under this thread.All my assumptions are proving to be right,today Nippon life bought 23% stake in Rel insurance at aprox 2300 Crore.Earlier Nippon has bought stake in R assets having mutual fund.So Reliance capital is taking all right steps.Simialry RCom may sell its tower arm at 22000 Crore.Simialry R power is shifting its non performing gas power plant to Bangladesh .So ADAG is under massive damage repair exercise.We may feel positive impact of all these steps in next quarters.So to me ADAG in general and Rel Capital in particular may no more be non performer and I am happy to shift Reliance capital out of this thread to more respectable thread .

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    shakti khanduri likes this.
  7. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

Very sound and convicing reasoning .It clearly demonstrates that we should view all developments with open mind and should not hesitate to modify opinion when changing circumtances justify it. POSITIVE ON RELIACE CAPITAL.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  8. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

sir i will suggest that if you can bear the losses you should book losses when the prices of this co.s improves from current level and move on to other good ideas which are comfortable at debt levels.

9. w4wealth

sir best way is to only invest in 8-10 stocks you like after thoroughly studying prospectus of the company. if only 4 works out to be good, it will be great returns for you portfolio. then you can reduce the non performers over time and invest that money into other good ideas or existing stocks you would like to invest more.

Parin Gala likes this.
  10. w4wealth

sir Reliance capital is looking good as you said. mutual fund, insurance,finance etc it is attractive.

11. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

Anathraj is one testing the patience of lots of investors.Now at 35.85

12. w4wealth

@kharb sir if reliance capital decides to unlock value by demerger it will be windfall gains for share holders. and the interesting part is it is trading at 13 pe now at rs.400.

13. w4wealth

do you hold anantraj?

14. good stocks

yup. for a long time

15. mannu63

mannu63 New Member

16. mannu63

mannu63 New Member

Kharb sir sometime I also feel that it is not necessary to have a long term view on stocks because I have also been a victim of losses not only in small companies but in good large cap like reliance group, Vedanta,JSW steel & so on...so in present scenerio I believe that if you have a profit of 25-30% at a short span...even then take the profit otherwise u will regret

17. w4wealth

what is the cost of purchase?

18. good stocks

Around 48.... Got in that it would give BO.Now it appears that a close above 39 only makes it possible for 41 and 47. @35.45 now.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  19. w4wealth

ok . i think it will take 1-2 years to go to 100+

good stocks likes this.
  20. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Porinju is quite bullish on AnantRaj. He mentioned the stock when it was at 31-32 levels.