ADAG RELIANCE Group in Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Dec 4, 2015.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am no fan of ADAG group.The group has been among the wealth destroyer group after its one of the biggest Successful IPO of Reliance Power. Investers lost badly.Exactly after its R power IPO ,bad time of ADAG started.Group was always in news for wrong reasons from fight with Bigger Ambani to many coal and 2G related issues.Last 7 years has been very bad for the group and his investers.But now ADAG is on recovery mode.I have been writing this for last three months in various threads including in non performing stocks.Group is Realy taking every possible positive step including smoking the peace pipe with his elder brother .Now group is in balance sheet repairing mode. Positive steps are visible across the group, from R com ,Rel Capital , Rel infra and Rel power.Now it seems some of the huge wealth destroyed is on recovery path.We as long term share holder are happy for the same.Who knows year 2016 may be year of both Reliance groups,where investers are waiting patiently for out performance. More over stock market is looking to be tried and positive move from both Relince Groups may refresh old memories at least in year 2016.I also expect out performance from RIL in year 2016.I see definite Ray of hope from both groups .My portfolio suffered due to underperformance of both brothers in past ,now possibilty of Patience being rewarded

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Biju likes this.
  2. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Don't expect more from adag group. Be cautious. Although, they are trying to reduce their debt, their debt is so heavy that it cannot be reduced considerably in a few months. Expecting performance from adag group wil be like daydreaming. Reliance Jio is sure to suceed. Even big telcos like Airtel must be worried about the tough competition from Reliance Jio. Rcom will be just easily thrown out of competition. Rcom has a chance if they join hands with Reliance Jio. DIFFICULT. Rel. Cap has chance if they get banking license. DIFFICULT.

3. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

kharb sorry to gatecrash your thread but your posts do sound like you're a fan of the ADAG group

4. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Bombay Boy,I am definitely not a fan of ADAG Reliance group,but a small invester .If it look like that what you said,then it is my poor communication skill at work.The group has destroyed lot of wealth and to me it look like recovering some of its lost ground by taking positive steps.When ever any group falls from Grace of investers ,it is always beaten down more than it deserve. So I am talking about some recovery of excessive beating it got.Reliance Capital to me is grossly under priced.You compare business under belt of Relince Capital and BAJAJ finiance.Simialry RCom has got huge spectrum which will be used by Rel Jio.Rel Power projects are operational and there is cash flow.So ADAG is definitely trying to come out of mesh it has created for it.This thread is just for discussion and I have every right to be wrong.No need to be carried away by my positive thinking.Any inputs will help me to review my stance.

5. BombayBoy

sorry kharb, i'm not criticizing your communication skills, but across posts, it comes across like a bias
    like Srouta keeps selling pharma stories

in fact you'd see that my messages aren't in any particular order - it is the internet, i'm not applying for a job ;)

ADAG - i think we still have the RPower crap in all our accounts, India On Power On and we were a part of the herd that flocked to the issue because of the promoter's last name and the idea that was sold

i believe from what i've read of your posts, your experience on the street is more than my age and i apologise for any of my posts which come across as blunt or offensive, but that's just me (i've my own biases)

RCap, Rel Infra, RCom - i am not holding any of them and wasn't tracking any either, the promoter went on a huge shopping/expansion spree with leverage beyond serviceable means - maybe he was just misadvised by consultants who get paid no matter what happens to the business

Bajaj - insurance business had the distinction of being profitable in life & non life insurance
    consumer lending there's good stories out there

plus holding companies get valued for how their businesses are doing and at a discount

RCom - the big brother is piggybacking on RCom to provide voice services, BWA is only data and the Indian market isn't matured enough yet for a data only offering, it is a win-win deal for both of em - Jio gets ready network and RCom gets much needed cash

i'm not buying any telecom stock - don't like em as a consumer and the regulation has already reigned in the superlative gains which Bharti Airtel enjoyed for years

BSNL was a cash rich company! MTNL is as good as dead.

PS - the ever raging DCB Bank multi-bagger, i'd suggest if you could look at RBL Bank (Ratnakar Bank) - it is unlisted but traded and they were planning to come with a public offering
    i'm considering buying it too (bias)

kharb likes this.
  6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Bombay Boy,Happy to note your comments.I post as I think,I try to do what I think.So naturaly I am biased .Still will refrain from posting about ADAG further for some time,if it has started looking excess .I no more initiate discussion about DCB,but some time comment on ongoing discussion between other friends.Refrain from this also.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  7. BombayBoy

[​IMG]

kharb ji
    it was never my intent to ask you or anybody else to stop from posting on any or every topic, i apologise if my messages came thru otherwise

kharb likes this.
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Sanjay Dutt of Quantum Sec is bullish also Rcom and ADAG stocks

kharb likes this.
  9. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Bombay Boy,U were abosoultly right and we need to refrain from repetitive looking posting.Abosoultly no need for apology for hinting some thing right.U R realy nice person.Please keep it up.I always enjoy your posting.

BombayBoy likes this.
  10. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

@kharb,
    Rcap...is a dark house and ADAG best bet. Hopefully he doesnt venture into banking.

@ bombayboy : RBL : whats it traded at? And what's hot about the bank?

11. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Sachin Pathak,Sumi tumo bank and Nippon insurance of Japan are pumping several thousands Crores to have minorty stake in Rel Cap,Rel assets and Rel insurance,subsidries of Rel Capital.They are are managing trillions of dollars and are Japanese financial power houses.You being a banker must be knowing,why?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  12. BombayBoy

it is unlisted, traded privately - you will get it in first couple results of Google
    Ratnakar Bank has come a long way from being a community and primarily Kolhapur-based
    backed by a good management & tech-driven, the results are improving
    FY 14-15 Net Profit was Rs.207 crore and business size of Rs. 30000 crore plus

you can check the latest Annual Report here https://www.rblbank.com/pdfs/fi/Annual-Report-2014-2015.pdf

however, the IPO process may face delays because
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  13. darth

darth Active Member

Doesnt this just validate @Sachin point that rel cap is ADAG's best bet????

14. darth

darth Active Member

I would prefer sticking with established pvt sector banks. Senior management doesnt inspire too ( my personal view)

15. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Group Firing with all cylinders.Group compnies were up 2% to 20%.Group market cap is under surge as I had conveyed in my post two month back.I am share holder of ADAG pack.Anil Ambani in Hurry to recover? Will bat like Sahwag ?I don't know .But wish him a speedy recovery in my self interest.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    w4wealth and Farhan Ghumra like this.
  16. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

Anil Ambani is diversifying into a relatively new field "Defence". In fact he is betting on defence sector. He is concentrating on defence sector. Just hope that he does not ignore the sectors in which he has presence.

17. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

ADAG group stocks on move,I think adding good market cap and may be among best performing groups in last quarter.Will party continue? I don't know, but enjoying the run to recovery.Many of his stocks are at 52 weak high and rest are expected to hit soon if this run rate continues Can this be a group whose all stocks may hit 52 weak high at the closing of finiancial year.? I don't know.These posts are just for discussion and not any recommendation.I am long term invester in the group.