MY PORTFOLIO

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by SUNNY, Apr 15, 2015.

?

NEED ADVICE ON MY PORTFOLIO STOCKS

1. 1

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. 2

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. karan.vazirani

karan.vazirani New Member

@ Sunny : Mannapuram Fin is a consistently good dividend paying company. Always good for a small allocation in your portfolio. Currently @ 33.5... IMO, 31-32 should be a good entry point for medium term.

Do your own research before Investing. Also, do study the Q4 results before entering. Always helps.Cheers :)

2. msc007

msc007 New Member

Friends,
    What is your opinion on Bodal Chemical? :D

3. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

My broker is very bullish on Bodal Chemicals. He recommended me at least thrice. But I dont understand the business too much so didnt bought. Even I would want to know about Bodal is anyone has any detail about the company

4. SUNNY

SUNNY Member

It is good value to buy SUN PHARMA since it has came down 10%?

5. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I am repeating what I said in another post:

"Sun Pharma has always been on a "dream run" and has been perpetually "expensive" for as long as I can remember. This is likely to continue in future as well given the top-quality management and the earnings visibility.

The stock may pause to digest some of the gains it has accumulated before resuming its march. Also, the merger with Ranbaxy could throw up issues that may prove to be a temporary impediment.

Blue chip stocks of such pedigree are meant for "buy and forget" sort of investors. These are like investing in Gilt bonds where you don't have to keep checking the daily situation.

However, there is obviously a price to be paid for that comfort and security. The gains from the stock will probably be moderate compared to that of its smaller peers. That's a choice every investor has to take.
    "

shakti khanduri likes this.
  6. SUNNY

SUNNY Member

PVR is dropping day by day, is it wise to HOLD or to SELL, my purchase price is 700

7. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Well, the fact that a stock is falling every day, or is rising every day, cannot form the basis of an investment decision. I suggest you review why you bought PVR in the first place and check whether that investment thesis has changed in any manner. If the investment thesis has not changed and the stock is still falling, then that might be an opportunity to buy more of the stock.

shakti khanduri and good stocks like this.
  8. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

BTW , May I know the name your broker...
    I have added Bodal around 42 and looking for 60

9. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

But ,what about the saying that the market knows everyfhing and reflects accordingly ,honestly. More over a common retail investor is hardly privy to current developments.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  10. darth

darth Active Member

I tend to agree with what you say.... And i doubt very much that a simple small investor actually has an investment tgesis before he/she buys a scrip. More often than not its either based on some stock guru's views or some brokerage house or broker recommendation or even discussions in forums like this.

11. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

i dont know about short term but in long , 5 years from here it can give you good returns.

12. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

All are good bets and are fundamentally strong as per my opinion. if you can average down your cost price by buying more that are trading at lower prices that will be a very good idea for greater returns. Hold everything for 5-7 years for good returns. all the best.