Please Improve "Members Rating "Process

Discussion in 'Announcements And Feedback' started by RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA, Jan 1, 2016.

1. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Dear Meenakshi ,

i want o give one suggestion , please change members rating process ,

change to "Stars " and " Crowns "

with each post give some points , each like give some more points , each thread starting give some points ,

punishment less some points , if 2 warnings in same year ban member

rating choice of thread give it to members like : Excellent , Very Good , Good , Average , Poor , Very Poor like that

if he cross 100 points give one type of color star and like that 5 stars give big size different color star ..

after 10 that type of stars give crown and also continue stars behind that crown also

like that make unlimited rating method for encouraging members in our forum ...
    so forum traffic will increase ......

ALL THE BEST

San8422, New_Investor and Raaz like this.
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

good suggestion.

3. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

4. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

Thank You Very Much " Seouta ji & W4Wealth ji "

w4wealth likes this.
  5. darth

darth Active Member

Is there an existing rating mechanism? Didnt know about this?

And is this somekind of a popularity contest / forum? Gosh....

6. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@Mr Srouta Mukherjee@Mr w4wealth@ Mr darth ---I am unable to understand- what does a banned members lose? He can still watch forum activities without being member & take benifit of varios advantages of discussiones among members. On the other hand forum will be deprived his views ,which could throw new lights on the discussed topic. This is my independent opinion-Not in support of or against any one.A new perspective. Another relevant question-How does rating helps in achieving better investments results? How will a crown get more money to the member? If this new system comes into practice, I will search from those ideas for investment which are least liked but appeals to me for excellent returns, because this what investment pundits have always advised .

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Fun_Da_Mentalist likes this.
  7. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@shakti ji ,
    yes banned member also view all posts and he can use forum , but he can not post and participate in discussions in this forum , all public can use this forum and join as members , so for encouragement purpose i suggested some points , so many public forums are following these type of ratings for encouraging members , it will give some encouragement give good posts and good threads ....

New_Investor likes this.
  8. shakti khanduri

@ sastry ji , no disrespect meant for your opinion.Just raised some questions which cropped up in mind. What rating members will give to my queries ?

9. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

I agree with the broader point that Rama Murthy Sastry Challa makes; which is to seriously apply our minds on how to improve the quality of the discussions, how to discourage people from indulging in personal at tacks. This is happening with increasing frequency and it takes away from the quality of the forum. But the line between sensible regulation and curtailed freedom is a razors edge

New_Investor likes this.
  10. shakti khanduri

@MrFun_Da_Mentalist - problem is accepted but solution suggested does not appeal to me.

11. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

If you like the post/ message, you can click on "Like". Can there be something, if you donot like the post/ message.

12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

With due respect to everyone specialy Esteemed highly knowlgable member Dear Rama Murthy Sastri Challa,I think there is no need to change any thing .Quality of contents will automatically reflects everything .We need to improve quality of inputs further.More over more members needs to partcipate in discussion.I specialy request those members to partcipate ,who inspite of having good knowledge and experience are just reluctant to partcipate or express their views .For me already there are many super star members in this form ,who do need any new rating system and has capability to grow further.Thanks to Arjun ,Meenakshi and all staff members for this beautiful creation.I am sure they will be able to raise this form to great heights with continous improved quality inputs and participation of all dear members.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  13. darth

darth Active Member

Completely agree with you. But maybe for some rating and ranking helps improve the self esteem and furthers the already inflated ego. Maybe some like to see themselves at the pole position at the grid. Maybe some like it when they are given a cult position. Frankly this for me is meaningless.

Regards banned members : the very act is regressive and self defeating. As you rightly say it cannot block the banned member. But hey the administrators do think it restores the credibility of the forum and quality of discussions scale new heights due to bans... Though when asked to substantiate this claim : the request meets a deathly silence

14. darth

darth Active Member

To put it bluntly its the 30,000 feet general gyan and sermons, text book knowledge etc which need to be curtailed. Replace this with sharp, focused, fact based discussions and the quality improves automatically and any stupidity needs to be attacked ruthlessly.

I'll put a simple example to you

- there is no dearth of discussions and posts one sees on 'why an 'X' share will be a multibagger'. Now i put up one thread - why will suzlon NOT be a 8-10x multibagger in 10 years. The number of posts on this thread is an interesting number.

15. darth

darth Active Member

100 upon 100.....

You are one guy who does produce a sudden silence on an otherwise thriving thread by asking pointed questions. I do have a laugh when your repeated requests to other members ' to explain with examples ie specific company names' do go unanswered.

16. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Certain level of decipline is necessary in life and is the job of the administrator every where .No administrator feels happy to take any punitive action against any one but is forced in the situation .Not only in any form but also in all walk of society, actions are taken as detrrence, fully knowing that old habits die hard and the concerned may find another way to start the same activity but are generally kept under watch for the benefit of any form or society. Certainly such detrrence brings down the bar for the future offender even if desired meaning is not fully understood and administrators are smart enough to control such activities .It is best that such issues are left to administrator with full support of members .Any way the form is thriving and reaching new heights with each passing day.The freedom of expression given here is rare,at least I have never seen .Tolerance level of adminstrator is remarkably very high .I salute Arjun ,Meenakshi and every other staff member for providing such a great platform for the benefit of small investers like me .Members of the form are both new and old investers but with each passing day will not only become smart invester with common knowldge but also become better and balanced post writer .I see a great future,name and fame for this form and all the members.

17. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

rating process is not a compulsory thing to have in a forum. but if it is there we can give due credits to members who behave politely and decently -like fair play in football. @Meenakshi Razdan @Arjun @Vidhi Khanna

18. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

YES Brother , good suggestion , if anybody dislike he may use dislike option also , so quality will maintain in posts and threads .....

shakti khanduri and w4wealth like this.
  19. shakti khanduri

@ Sastry ji -This is better, a non violent suggestion in SATYAGRAHA MODE.

kharb likes this.
  20. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

The problem is to distinguish between popularity and depth in discussion. Very hard to reconcile these two.