Will China kill the world market ? Is recession around the corner?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Guru Vachaal, Jan 4, 2016.

?

Did you find my post useful?

Poll closed Jan 19, 2016.
  1. Yes

30.0%
  2. No

70.0%
  3. I will consult with someone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. darth

darth Active Member

Ooh " concentrated portfolios" . How enlightening. For your sake I do hope there is a mad rush of novice(hopefully foolish) investors to you.

2. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Hahaha I don't believe how much jealousy this guy has. But I am enjoying it.

As they say, If people try to pull you down it only means you are above them.

:D:cool::p

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    w4wealth likes this.
  3. the_joker

the_joker New Member

Just started to read this. This is so scary and I am now getting confused. What is the correct position? Should I invest in Equities or no? I come from a very modest background.

4. Parin Gala

Equities have created humungous returns over the last few years. There is no reason not to invest in equities.
    However you have to be careful about the timing and the company you select.
    Sure China's crumbling will have some impact on India, but India's own fundamentals are well in place. So nothing to worry for long term investors.

Happy investing !!!

the_joker likes this.
  5. the_joker

the_joker New Member

Thank You Sir for your quick reply. You seem so clear in your views. Looks like I am talking to an Expert on the Stock Exchange. So will You please answer some of questions Sir
    - Is this the right time to invest in stocks?
    - Which Companies should I buy?
    - Why is China crumbling and how does it impact India? I read another member saying China's loss is India's gain. But you say India will be impacted. So is the other member wrong?

Sorry many question I ask you. Please forgive me for this Sir

6. Parin Gala

Time is always right to invest in equities. Your time frame and financial goals should be clear.

Regarding which stocks to buy, I have repeatedly mentioned my favourite stocks in this forum. You can check my previous posts.

As far as China is concerned, earlier it was Greece, then USA fed now China. These things will never end. India will be impacted by each and every global twist and turn. Sometimes positively sometimes negatively.

You as an investor have to concentrate only on specific stocks and hold them. Let the market go wherever it has to go. As I said earlier, there will always be some out performers in a bad market and under performers in a good market.

7. the_joker

the_joker New Member

Thanks once again Sir.

So timing is not important as you say Time is always right to invest in equities.

Will surely go through the stocks you recommend to buy and will ask any query I may have. Hope you are ok with this.

This China thing I don't quite follow what you say. Could you please clarify

8. Parin Gala

China's fall will have more sentimental impact on Indian markets rather than real impact on India's corporate sector. It may result in the nifty being subdued for sometime. But stock specific approach will definitely make money. Don't follow the broad market follow individual stocks.

9. the_joker

the_joker New Member

So if I understand you correctly, what you are saying is that China's fall will result in the Index to fall but specific stocks like the one you are recommending to buy in your posts will continue to rise.

Am I correct?

10. Parin Gala

Yes China's fall will result in the indices to be under pressure. However I am not saying my recommended stocks will rise. I am saying good quality mid caps will continue to rise. Be stock specific. That's what I mean to say.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  11. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

China is moving from an investment led economy to a consumption driven economy. This is the core of the story; coupled with two facts : the banking sector is a pack of cards, real estate and allied sectors which constitute 25 percent of GDP is under serious pressure. While everyone knew China numbers had to be discounted, people are only now figuring out that discount factor applied was very conservative. Personally I think a tottering China is not good for anyone, and I hope they make a smooth transition. But the fact that China is adjusting and creating ripples should not unduly worry us. as always, stock picking is everything.

w4wealth likes this.
  12. the_joker

the_joker New Member

Just saw the Dragon breathing fire and burning away all the recent gains. If such is the impact China cam have how can even good stock rise when even holding their ground seems difficult.

I was about to buy some shares yesterday. Got lucky I suppose.

13. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Best is to do sip because no one can predict bottom.

14. Srouta Mukherjee

My portfolio is in deep loss scary to look at :(

15. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

Don't look at your portfolio. Market has the ability to digest every bad news.

16. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

“Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea

Is it 60%-80%? But your bets are all in your fav stocks - CapF, TCI, JBChem, Gati, Heritage, etc right?

17. Guru Vachaal

Some popular faces in the Market are saying that "Since China is loosing its shine, So foreign Money will move towards India".

18. the_joker

the_joker New Member

Sorry I maybe being stupid here, with virtually no market knowledge but isn't it more important that One should have the ability to digest the impact of bad news

I mean, Market may have the ability to digest it but what if a Individual can't?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Fun_Da_Mentalist likes this.
  19. Guru Vachaal

The only main difference between a small investor and a giant investor is the digestion system.

20. Srouta Mukherjee

Portfolio is down 2.5% today. But hope China crises does not go worse and create bigger crash.