What will be next 10x. or 100 x multibaggers stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Sep 14, 2015.

1. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@ Mr Fun_Da_Mentalist-What about virtue in disguise -forgetfullness ? Can one do it ? What does Behavioral Finance suggest in this matter? Kindly throw some light.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  2. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

While patience is indeed a virtue, forgetfulness may not be. Forgetfulness assumes that once you have done your preliminary analysis and have invested, nothing will go wrong and the path is upward in the long term.

I do not believe this thesis to be true. It is important to subject stocks to periodic checks and tests to ensure that the initial thesis is valid and the stock is performing or not performing for reasons well understood by you.

From the behavioural finance point of view, one of the key things to look out for, I think, is this : overtime, commitments to losing causes increase simply because the odds start looking in favour of a possible win over a sure loss. I am particularly prone to this problem.

So in the end I think the only roads are :

- develop a deep conviction about managements ability, integrity and growth mindset

- develop a valuation model based on the financial but also larger parameters like market cap vs addressable market, free cash / net profit and most critically quality and rate of future growth.

Once you have this framework developing the ability to balance between keeping an eagle eye and not meddling around too much is essentially to understand the difference between activity and productivity.

So essentially my view is forgetfulness is not such a great thing even if it can seduce you with its apparent comfort.

It does work in real estate though. Buying land outside a city and holdin on for the longest time. But even here, you can't be forgetful. You need to ensure periodic checks, build a compound wall and ensure there are no encroachers

3. krishnaraj

krishnaraj New Member

fcel
    astec life science
    granules india
    waterbase

4. mohd shariq

mohd shariq New Member

Danlaw Technology-----unique new business just arrived in India,already hit in USA. Vehical to vehical connectivity and GPS based car technology.Good fundamentals,turnaround story,debt free company,good value buying.pickup the companies with new future business early gives u the multibagger return-warren Bufett

w4wealth likes this.
  5. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Does require courage to put everything into a couple of stocks even if they are the 'hard to go under' types. But i disagree about the conviction part. If you are a real long term player.... Metals and commodoties should indeed figure in your portfolio. By its very nature its cyclical and so over the longer term you will always make money. Usually will beat the return on traditional fixed income products but not sure if it beats opportunity lost not investing in ongoing emerging other equity opportunities

Abhilash Padival likes this.
  6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

DCB finincial performance in 3 rd quarter is on expected line.Bank NII has increased by 32% to 160 Crore from 121 Crore. Net profit is down by 3% to 41 Crore from 42 Crore yoy.This is only due to higher tax .In earlier period it was around 7 Crore due to carried forward losses.But now it is 21 Crore as that tax advantage was not available.So Performace is Good if we look into this factor,so results will look extremly good again next year when tax out go will become comparable.Stock is giving rare entry at 52 week low price with Good performace on operational front. To me it it is multibagger without any doubt.I hold the stock with rock solid faith in management.NPA are under control.I expect it will soon start paying dividend .

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Karthikeyan and w4wealth like this.
  7. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

i like dcb too...

8. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

While I tend to agree that for commodities there has to be an uptick; I would be very very careful with the timelines. The other day, in an interesting programme on NDTV Ruchir Sharma of Morgan Stanley was pointing out that despite what seems to be the serious deflation in commodity prices, it is only now reverting to its long term mean. In other words, China's growth hunger for these commodities had distorted the demand supply equation and we are unlikely to see those kind of distorted demands for a long time ( India will take its own sweet long time to revive its investment cycle in infra and even if it does the scale is not comparable to china's) Bottom line for me therefore is : Sure commodities need to see an uptick; but the timing and the quantum of uptick leave a lot to be desired. ( That said, ALCO has this morning said, there is a supply constraint it is facing of its AL demand !! )

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  9. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

Trying to identify a 10 or 100 bagger stock is the first step of getting bankrupt. I would suggest you not to even think of that. If it is in your destiny, you will get it but don't expect it.

Rameshwar Khenat, w4wealth and kharb like this.
  10. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Trying it over night through third grade, poor quality ,Unkown stocks may be the cause of your conclusion, but buying right at right price and sit tight for long term don't result into bankruptcy.

11. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

I personally don't try to hunt for multibaggers but have come across with a few in my life. All my efforts are always towards finding good businesses, strong numbers and most importantly a reasonable entry point. If a company is good then why compromise with just 100 bagger? Keep it in your portfolio for your entire life.

But these are just talks...All you should do is find a great company's cheap stock. There is no such tag of 10 bagger or 100 bagger.

12. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

I think it will be easier to find two 10x stocks than to find one 100x stock (or wait for it to become 100x). 100 = 10 x 10. So get a 10x return and invest that return into another 10x stock, will get you a better return :).

w4wealth and kharb like this.
  13. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

What words U use for good and growing companies is your personal choice, I fully agree.But declaring that there are no such tags,is stretching yourself to force your thinking on others .These tags are frequently in use and Motilal oswal 19 wealth steady used it and tag is used frequently in market and is definitely not invented by me.You have to invest in good growing QUALITY Compnies and many may turn out to be 10x and few may 100x.This is basis of discussion here .Saying it in other words don't change any thing.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  14. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

DCB Bank was beaten down due to it becoming popular and then over priced.Luckily for those who kept faith in management and bought it at correction may not disappoint in long term.Presently its worth is three digit and in future it will be four digit stock. .Last year comparitive low performace was due to tax and from this year I expect 15% plus CAGR growth for next few years and stock may perform in line to its projected performance.Stock may out perform Sensex and banking sector for next few years.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  15. darth

darth Active Member

So is it you think that both the sensex and banking sector aint gonna give a 15% CAGR over the next few years?

16. om sangani

om sangani New Member

Really excited about FCEL in FMCG industry. Although unsure about time frame that when the rally would start but quite excited about it.

17. anand76

anand76 New Member

mic, fcel, gennex are 100 bagger stocks

om sangani and w4wealth like this.
  18. darth

darth Active Member

Why would gennex be a 100x bagger?

19. anand76

anand76 New Member

as this stock following same track as all todays bluechips were following before.

20. Rajesh

Rajesh Member

Banking sector I dont know but I am sure sensex is not going to give 15% return in long term.