WHICH IS BEST BRANDED APPAREL PLAY TO RIDE URBAN CONSUMPTION BOOM

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Jan 22, 2016.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Present market crisis will pass if not in days than in months,but we need to focus what after that? .We need to focus on 1.3 Billion Indian consumers for Secular growth stories .One will be Branded Apparel Play.What will be best play in this category to ride on urban consumers ??Can members help to find out the right company?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

sir i think pantaloon fashion or AB fashion is good which is going to be merged.. indian terrain is also good.monte carlo is a good one.
    among these i like Aditya Birla fashion because it is a leader in the branded clothing.

kharb likes this.
  3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

@way4wealth-Dear friend ,thanks for respect shown, but I request to U and other friends, not to use Sir,as we are all equal friends stiched with common subject Stock Market ,which is of interest to all of us .I always find your posts with lot of value addition and like these.Thanks.

4. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

People in Delhi, buy fake branded cloths from the streets of Sarojini Nagar market,Karol Bagh and Tank Road. in rural areas, people don't buy from these brands.

5. w4wealth

ok friend.

6. w4wealth

v2 retail and vmart retail both are looking good for long term.

7. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd is the top pick in branded apparel play

kharb likes this.
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Page Industries is best because management has show expertise in scaling up business in cost efficient manner with strong brand image.

9. w4wealth

@Srouta Mukherjee page is already discovered and therefore highly expenseive. who wil buy underwear brand at 70 pe. look for other players who can grow faster than page.

San8422, kharb and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  10. Farhan Ghumra

Farhan Ghumra Active Member

kharb likes this.
  11. w4wealth

parin given the merger ratio of ABFRL and PFRL buying which one is more profitable for an investor? i understands that 5:26 is the merger ratio. so buying ABfrl at 209 or AB nuvo at 890 which one is more sensible thing. i think its buying AB nuvo that is good for investor. becoz 890x5=4450 and 209x26=5434 the cost is lower when buying AB nuvo that is 16% compared to pfrl . what do you think??

San8422 and kharb like this.
  12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am also interested to know ??? What is best way to buy this idea.But I would like to make it clear I don't have any cash to buy anything ,as to me crash always comes when I am fully invested, although I keep QUALITY PORTFOLIO for resilience and subsequent bounce back.But temporarily down as Market don't spare anybody, but compartivly less .So no sleep disturbance,as I remain out of reach for duds and keep myself insulated from sleep disturbing ideas.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  13. Parin Gala

For a short term trade just to take advantage of the merger ratio AB NUVO might be a good bet.
    But for the long term ABFRL is the undisputed buy given the strong brand portfolio available at just around 2000 crores mcap

14. Parin Gala

Khrab sir which stocks do you own if you can share them with us. And if you can also share something which you track and looking attractive for long term investment.

15. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I presently want to know more about ABFRL your idea and what is the best method to get shares of merged entity.Pl answer. More over I don't have any fancy and saxy Portfolio. I just invest directly only in BSE 200 Compnies but avoid to invest in Metals,commodities,PSUs,utilities and airlines .For lower market cap I mostly invest through small and mid cap funds and very little directly but always keep them below 30% of portfolio.My target is just to beat Sensex and return target just 15 to 20%.CAGR with sou d sleep.To be stock specific,I have top six private Banks and three midcap private Banks,three housing finince compnies,One NBFC R Cap,RIL,HUL,Asian Paints,ITC,Infosys, TCS,L&T,Lupin,Sun,Indian hotels,Ultratech Cement,Tata steel my historical blunder and my teacher which taught me never invest in metals and commodities ,Vardhman textlies,Idea.I have also just insgnificant exposure in Tata motors,HSIL,United Spritis,R power ,Granules entry taken during hype for just testing water now a stalled excercise for me, JPasocoites my pain to remember my bad investment

16. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Sensible advice Juniors should note and follow advice :)

17. w4wealth

@kharb i think pfrl with high debt will have lesser value than AB nuvo. so as my calculation above if its right, AB nuvo will give more value for money than PFRL.

18. Parin Gala

Yes debt is a concern right now. But as I mentioned earlier after the merger the debt to ebidta ratio is likely to improve from the earlier 28:1 to around 4:1

Assuming a conservative EPS of around 6.5 the stock is still trading only at around sub 30 pe compared to the other brand oriented stocks like page, jubilant, shoppers stop etc.

Therefore in my personal opinion there may be debt concerns in the short term but the long term outlook for PFRL alias ABFRL is extremely good in my view. It may be a multibagger in the next 5-7 years.

Only from a merger point of view which company to buy I don't know.

shakti khanduri likes this.
  19. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

Friends, I heard some hype about Givo script listed in BSE.It is now stuck in bse yearly limits. Heard from my investor friend that Givo promoter is good. I did Nt get much time to look into this script. Will check and come back..

20. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

@Parin Gala @w4wealth-Idon't know fully But I assume that ABNuvo branded Apparel business Madura etc ,will be demerged and it will merge with PFRL.My simple question if my assumption right ,what is the best and cheapest way to get share of combined merged entity of Kumar Mangalam branded apparel business..I am not asking about future of merged entity.