1. San8422

San8422 Active Member

Wow!! Most weirdest and most funny thread I have ever seen.

2. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

Added to my holdings of Max India

K.Mahesh likes this.
  3. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

kindly explain the THOUGHT PROCESS.THANKS.

4. BombayBoy

hello

no thought process, buying into value unlocking and want exposure to insurance business, i hear the greatest value investor known to man loves the insurance business
    good to have exposure to standalone businesses - insurance, healthcare & manufacturing

Max India concludes 3 way demerger to unlock value

purchased 25 shares of HDFC Life

PS - Using bold upper-case letters is bad form, like stomping around and yelling at somebody (NOT TO MENTION BEING HARD ON THE EYE)

K.Mahesh likes this.
  5. shakti khanduri

Never meant it.. Intention was only to highlight it. What you suspect is against my nature..I am an humble persnolity. Using bold letter to highlight is my habit and style. Please don't take offence. Any way, Thanks for giving rational supporting Max bying.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    BombayBoy likes this.
  6. BombayBoy

7. BombayBoy

apologies Shakti, i've told you via personal message and trust you'll understand my intent behind the post

8. darth

darth Active Member

Btw whats the latest on michael milken?

9. shakti khanduri

@BombayBoy&@ Other learned members -Never mind .,Thanks again for guiding me. Never knew that by using bold letters I have been being objectionable , offensive, may be even disrespectful although unknowingly .. My sincere apologies to all members. I will be silent reader henceforth as FIRST I HAVE TO LEARN PARTICIPATING IN THE FORUM. SORRY AGAIN.

10. BombayBoy

I've said it once, will say it again. Please accept my apology for causing you to feel that way. I respect your decision. But please don't kill my ego, it's already into descent with IndiGo. Going in for a crash landing! It's my fault. I apologize.

[​IMG]

11. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

@shakti khanduri - No need to feel this way.If any body give suggestion sincerely in good faith ,we need to take it in that way ,not beyond that.Choice is always with us,if you like it take it ,if not ,our choice.No need to be perfect to live in this world.You continue as you desire,as we value you and your inputs.I also use words in Capital many times.

San8422 likes this.
  12. darth

darth Active Member

Hey guys, lets not make a mounain out of a mole.

With the advent of electronic media, internet etc, there have evolved some norms in the way electronic communications are structured. one is not expectec to make use of excessive cap letters for its seen to be loud, rude blah blah. This now has a wide acceptance globally and most people would say this across the globe about something that's or somebody who typed in caps. just a protocol. wanna be rude, loud , cutting, sarcastic blah blah, you can always be that typing in small letters. nobody stops you. typing in caps doesnt get your message more eyeballs ie attention. it is the content that matters right.

@ shakti : so i would ask you to let it pass and keep posting. But ofcourse as suggested by another : choice is always yours. No need to be perfect but no harm if we try and adhere to a widely accepted norm. Imagine consequences in a society if some accepted norms are thrown to the wind : women not in purdah ( or whatever its called) in Saudi or openly preaching hinduism in UAE, PDA in front of the Sena Bhavan in Mumbai etc etc..

@ bombayboy : what about using of ' xerox' and 'mobile phones' amongst us indians when globally (and probably right) usage is photocopy and handset. I often get needled about why we indians use these?

San8422 likes this.
  13. BombayBoy

Darth - I accept your point. Once I learnt that it's a photocopy and not a Xerox, been using photocopy but get shocking reactions from vendors at times. Doesn't that speak about a category defining brand? Like Sony's Handycam®, Band-Aid or Colgate for a toothpaste?

But in India, do like the Indians do.

14. BombayBoy

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  15. BombayBoy

A short Zen story with a big message -

One day, two monks set out for a temple in a valley beyond the woods. While cutting a pathway through the woods, they came across a choppy stream they needed to cross. There, stood by the bank of the stream, was a beautiful young maiden dressed in silk. She was clearly at a loss as to how to cross without getting muddy and wet.

So, without thinking twice, the elder monk gestured to pick her up. Shocked, she obliged. He put her over his shoulder and waded across to the other side. The younger monk, dismayed and uneasy at what he had witnessed, followed in tow.

Upon reaching the other side of the bank, the elder monk put the maiden down gently. The maiden paid her respects and walked on. The monks then continued on their way to the temple.

As they navigated through the forest, the younger monk, still troubled by what he’d seen, asked, “How could you do that? We aren’t even supposed to make eye contact with women, let alone pick them up and carry them!”

Without a thought, the elder monk turned to the younger monk and said,“Oh, are you still carrying her? I put her down when I reached the other side of the stream”.

Wish you a wonderful week.

Buying Max India

UsernameIsTaken and Raaz like this.
  16. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Good quote but what is relevance to stock market? We are not monks Pl explain hidden message for us to understand

17. BombayBoy

I'm sorry to disappoint you, Srouta. It wasn't meant to be a stock related idea.

The message for me is - sometimes you have to just let it go. The monk who carried the woman did so only to help her cross the river. No strings attached! The younger monk was "still carrying her" - he just couldn't let it go.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  18. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Good message applies to all. We have to forgive and forget to make progress in life. For stocks forget losses and start fresh. If you keep thinking of loss how you will develop new stock idea?

19. K.Mahesh

K.Mahesh New Member

Did Any one you go through Forbes India Top 20 Midcap Picks For 2016....View ???[​IMG]

20. BombayBoy

did they give reasons for the resilience or are they expecting a resilience?

only looked at Atul & Vinati - both in watch-list, but no compelling reasons to buy

if you are looking at Indraprashta Gas as an investment from that list, do consider Gujarat Gas & GAIL (Mahanagar Gas)

hold none, but looking to buy Gujarat Gas

K.Mahesh likes this.