WHICH IS BEST BRANDED APPAREL PLAY TO RIDE URBAN CONSUMPTION BOOM

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Jan 22, 2016.

1. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

i think buying AB nuvo will be more rewarding as you get all businesses of AB nuvo like insurance,MF, fin services at lower cost. if you buy pfrl you will get only pantaloons. so in AB nuvo you get more for your money.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. w4wealth

@kharb so you are a bank bull. that is what i am understanding from your portfolio. then we have a pharma bull in @Srouta Mukherjee .:)
    i like banking despite its temporory problems.

3. w4wealth

oh it seems madura fashion is demerged from Ab nuvo. last time when i looked at AB nuvo it mcap was 28000 and now it is 11500. the difference will be the value of madura garments - 16500 crores. oh we missed it. so sad.
    what we can buy now is ABFRl or PFRL at 200+

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  4. w4wealth

what is givo

5. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

I read somewhere that Page is a franchisee of Jockey Brand owner. They don't own the brand. But Maxwell Industries owns VIP a well known brand, TT owns TT.

6. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

What about Arvind, E-land Garments and Siyaram Silk?

7. Tilak Sharma

Tilak Sharma New Member

Kharb sparing some small Pvt. Banks all the banks have enough skeletons in there closet in banking we should look for a new idea with high CASA ratio with very low corporate debt exposure as you righty said staying away from metal,and commodity is good
    Just whether it is large cap or mid cap now the sector cycle change will happen next will be stock specific and not sector specific find the one fish which is in the larger pond ( it is not the size of fish but the size of pond that matters) find the one company which has a high IRR internal return ratio remember the return on capital employed must be more the cost of capital for anybody to grow.
    Remember Bharat shah words investing is 50% art and 50 % science with science as filter you will get 100 stocks and with art as filter you will get just 3% in the whole gamut and with 3 yr to 5 yr view if we are able locate a value stock that is all needed historical numbers may help to filter but the perspective to visualise the the future with help of numbers history and quality will give us may be some 5/10 stocks. May be some will be a mulibagger.
    And on the subject of apparel MONTE CORLO is worth a look it is just one thing now a days I have seen many Monte Carlo showrooms catching my eye even in tier 2 cities like Coimbatore in south India makes int interesting to watch

8. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Monte Carlo is avoid for me ,although I am not an expert.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  9. w4wealth

why @kharb

10. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

@w4wealth -Many things I don't write why I don't like .I did not like Kitex ,go through Kitex thread.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  11. Tilak Sharma

Tilak Sharma New Member

Monte Carlo is best bet there is huge visibility seen in this brand for example I have seen exclusive showrooms even in tier 2 cities like coimbatore

12. w4wealth

Indian terrain is looking good for long term near 20 pe

13. guda kr

guda kr New Member

I purchased AB Nuvo shares prior to merger with Grasim Industries and Grasim Industries shares and AB Capital shares were allotted and incorporated in SBI demat account. Now these Grasim Ind. and AB Capital shares are not diplaying in my demat acct. Only AB Nuvo shares are being shown. I request you to let me know the present status of these dmerged shares.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  14. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Ab nuvo is no longer existing after mergers with grasim. I think label is wrong in demat statement. You can ask for correction in demat statement from ab nuvo to grasim :)