which company is the next infosys- software sector

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by w4wealth, Jan 16, 2016.

1. prashant

prashant Active Member

Mu sigma is one of the giants to watch in Big data ... Again could not find if its listed anywhere .
    https://www.mu-sigma.com/

Thanks,
    Prashant

2. darth

darth Active Member

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your response, clarifies a bit but it's to one clueless soul who understands very little of modern day technology. My post was infact in response to @Dinesh point of he being unsure of its data centres? My reason for investing in Ricoh isnt based on a full understanding of their business ( so far from the investing philosophy of a few in here). Infact I have very little knowledge of their business potential. What I do know is that its been growing at a furious pace the last couple of years and will do so in 15-16 and 16/17, clean financials, good parentage and (in my view) provides an opportunity to make money at current levels. It has provided a similar opportunity more than a couple of times In the last 12-15 months.

Further,

What I see is a repeat mention of MS and Amazon. So if they are the biggies in this big business opportunity why not ride on them? it may be a punt ( with limited knowledge of the stock) but looks like many of the undiscovered Indian IT companies would also be punts.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    prashant likes this.
  3. darth

darth Active Member

Hi,

In a lighter sense..... But who say's elephants can't dance ( there is a book titled this and guess what its about a tech company's unlikely turnaround)

Now even if it were true, elephants can trample easily though.

Also my larger point is : if there arent any major Indian players in this huge cloud opportunity, how about looking to nasdaq to identify names in there. It need not be limited to tge amazon ( which is still to report profits if i am not mistaken), or MS or Google. Can members with Tech background use their domain expertise to find this

4. prashant

prashant Active Member

Dear darth,
    I already used AWS(Amazon Web Services) and they will make huge profits for sure .
    Worlds no 1 networking giant is also coming up with its own one .
    Microsoft Azure is already in .. but not comparable to AWS in terms of quality .
    Google I haven't used yet .

Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant

5. prashant

prashant Active Member

Dear Darthji,
    I tried to go through the Ricoh quickly, since I understand these technologies .

My opinion : Its good to see they have invested in a full fledged data center. In my opinion many Indian corporates will prefer to use India based cloud services (They do have a edge). They are also in to Digitization, office automation, it will help them in digitization push (Remember Vakrangee, eclerx ) .
    They are also providing cloud solution for hosting digital documents .
    Overall a Descent one from technology perspective.
    Hope it helps .

Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  6. darth

darth Active Member

Thanks a ton prashant. Helps a great deal to have people like you in here.

And hey please no 'ji' or sir when addressing me. Thanks

7. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Data center and cloud based services provided by Amazon is huge part of their profits. Ricoh is growing at the rate of 50% and what they are intending to become is a one stop shop for all the IT needs of any business. Cisco took that route when they were only networking company to now a one-stop shop behemoth. India's spend on IT is going to increase over the period of time if you believe in the smart cities, national IT and e-governance plans, Aadhar integrations, digitization of records etc. and all this would require a solution and infra driven company. I like Ricoh for their growth and clean balance sheet and the exponential rate at which they are growing. I am just uncomfortable with the valuations (50 PE right now) so I am waiting for some steep correction. AGC is also a good bet, but a bit more risky as it is still in a turnaround phase.

Srouta Mukherjee and prashant like this.
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

What is this? I am aware of Amazon, Microsoft, Google in data services. Is it someone else?

9. prashant

prashant Active Member

Cisco ... it will be tougher competition soon . A end to end Hybrid solution having better security, infra with in house products and technology . It could be a mind-blowing integration/Solution too .
    Regards,
    Prashant

10. rushia

rushia Member

It's a private start-up, unlikely to list any time soon.

11. rushia

rushia Member

Cigniti Tech is a fast growing company in the IT testing sector, has attracted attention from Gartner Group also

w4wealth likes this.
  12. dineshkapoor27

@rushia cigniti tech's main focus is outsourced testing? If thats so, then I highly doubt that it can become a major player like Infosys. Generally, these biggies already do these kinds of businesses and the entry barrier in this is pretty low. I'll stick with the product companies and their potentials. Of course, their value has to be cheap.

13. rushia

rushia Member

I'm not an expert on testing, but the company has grown from 34 cr sales in fy12 to 650 plus cr in fy16; I have not seen any company post that kind of sales growth in any sector, let alone IT.

14. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

domestic business or exports?

15. bholu

bholu Active Member

Among the listed players Mphasis is a dark horse. Once holding great promise (and compared to Infosys) the company completely failed to meet expectations after being taken over by HP. Another interesting company is Intellect Design Arena, which I have read is a "product" company, i.e. makes applications which are definitely more profitable than providing services. I have not reviewed these companies but I am sharing what I have read about them.

16. ssgeethan

ssgeethan Member

Cloud computing, Data analytics, Mobile, Social is the buzz word now & almost all Indian IT majors are quickly moving towards that & embracing them pretty fast ... If at all we have a "boom" going forward, it will be in that space ... Which ever Indian stock market listed company covets the 1st place in that area will be the next Infosys ... Currently there are only unlisted IT companies (MNCs) which are playing big with those future technologies ...

17. rushia

rushia Member

total sales, but i suppose mostly international since testing is mostly outsourced

18. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I research report about Intellect Design. Will find and post it.

19. dineshkapoor27

@rushia sure. I am not denying that this company may be undervalued. I am talking about the opportunity. Can a testing company become like Infy in the future? (1 lakh crore+). I dont think so. This might become a mid cap company (its 1000 crore mcap right now). But I dont see it becoming a 1 lakh crore company with only testing as their primary work. Even their margins are less than the industry avg (at ~10% vs 20+% for rest). So I dont see the opportunity being there for testing domain. I am sticking with the recos on the product or infrastructure companies. I am still with Intellect Design, Rolta, AGC networks. Ricoh will be great if I can buy it around 350-400.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  20. DULIIPTMEHTA

DULIIPTMEHTA New Member

my bet is on Kellton

kharb likes this.