1. pradyumna.bits

pradyumna.bits New Member

I have bought Haldyn Glass at 30/- . Please let me know ur view for a 2 year perspective..

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Can you share your rationale for buying Haldyn Glass? What attracted you to the stock?

3. pradyumna.bits

Actually I am new to stock market.. based on some people suggested on moneycontrol.. I bought this share.. Also Syncom formula and Bengal & Assam.. :( .. Please provide your views on these stocks..

4. Meenakshi Razdan

My God!! Very, very dangerous approach. Let me see. I will research these stocks when I have some time and post my views here.

5. pradyumna.bits

Thank you..

6. sanman

sanman New Member

Very good analysis done by Dr. Vijay Malik for Haldyn Glass. As per his analysis

Reasons for my sell decision of Haldyn are also covered in your analysis. It was primarily due to subsidized gas supply cut enforced by GAIL. I analysed and found that if Haldyn continues to use the same amount of gas it had used in FY14, then each $1 of gas price hike would increase expenses by INR4cr. Such huge cost hike would be sufficient to wipe out the profitability of about INR 15-20cr. per year. In Oct. 2014, subsidized Gas was about $4-5 per mmbtu and market price was $12-14 per mmbtu.

The lobby fighting against the gas cut,South Gujarat Small Gas Consumers Association, does not bear very high influence. It could not affect the decision of gas supply cut. It resulted in plant shutdowns by most of the affected players. Haldyn cut capacity by 20%.

In Dec 2014 quarterly results, despite 20% capacity reduction and more than 50% fall in crude prices, Haldyn's fuel & power costs have increased. It means that company is yet to find solution of any alternate fuel, which can keep it competitive.

I believe that business dynamics of Haldyn have undergone a change since Oct. 2014 and past financial numbers, though good, may not reflect the future strength.

One should wait until the fuel arrangement issues are settled at Haldyn before making any investment decision in Haldyn.

Please refer the post for details:
    https://www.drvijaymalik.com/2015/01/selecting-top-stocks-to-buy-part-10.html

Hope this help

7. Meenakshi Razdan

I agree that the analysis by Dr. Malik is quite useful to get an understanding of Haldyn Glass.

8. pradyumna.bits

New gas price to be $5.01 a unit from April 1

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/economy/new-gas-price-to-be-36501unitapril-1-reports_1343518.html

I think this news will boost Haldyn Glass..

9. Shrikant bapat

Shrikant bapat New Member

The company has delivered a poor growth of 3.44% over past five years.

10. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

dont blindly invest on suggestions and recommendations.
    study the company, its business, business propects and after studying if u r convinced that the company has bright future then only invest.
    investing on tips is dangerous and may wipe out your capital.

11. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

if u r new investor, buy established businesses.