I need an Advice on constructing a portfolio

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Nileshs, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

IMHO stocks like Capital first, Aurobindo, TV18, TCI and Sudarshan chemicals in portfolio are very good and you can invest more capital into these stocks instead of looking for new stocks for investment.

2. Nileshs

Nileshs New Member

Thanks for the inputs.

Please suggest some options to invest 75k srouta.

I need guidance.

3. Nileshs

Nileshs New Member

I am looking for good stocks from each sector and I have missed banking sector.

Also suggest alternatives for HUL and larsen.

Regards,
    Nilesh

4. Srouta Mukherjee

You have CAPF in portfolio which is good NBFC stock.

In FMCG space problem is that valuations are high and also there is disruption threat of Patanjali where products are sold at low cost as compared to cost charged by FMCG companies like HUL, Godrej, Dabur etc. You can look at Bajaj Corp which is mid-cap in Almond Oil and No Marks products both are doing well. Good monsoon may help Bajaj Corp because of rural demand for Almond Hair Oil and No Marks may go up. Company has good management, low debt and also is paying dividend in consistent manner. So it is a safe stock in FMCG space with good potential.

You can also look for packaging companies like Essel, Mold-plast and TCPL. Packaging company is good bet because they benefit from FMCG companies like HUL, Colgate, Dabur and make fixed returns in safe manner. Valuation of packaging companies is also not high. Also benefit is there for packaging companies from ecommerce sector like Flipkart, Amazon.

5. Nileshs

Nileshs New Member

TCPL packaging has risen in the last few sessions and now quoting 616.

Is it still a buy at these levels?

Nilesh

6. Srouta Mukherjee

Timing market is difficult if you are convinced about fundamentals of stock better buy in SIP mode when there is dip in stock prices.