Here are my holdings, some one please review and suggest...

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by jayaprakash, Jul 10, 2016.

1. jayaprakash

jayaprakash New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am holding these stocks, please suggest me should I hold/sell or wait for some price.
    Stock Bought at price/share
    1. Centum Electronics Ltd. Rs. 650
    2. Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd. Rs. 119.5
    3. Rajoo Engineers Ltd Rs. 20.05
    4. Royal Orchid Hotels Ltd. Rs. 74
    5. Star Ferro and Cement Ltd. Rs.163
    6. Rasoya Proteins Ltd. Rs. 0.36
    7. Anjani Portland Cement Ltd. Rs. 212.6
    Thanks in adavnce

2. om sangani

om sangani New Member

Hi Jayaprakash,
    Kindly clarify the basis on which you have selected the companys.

3. jayaprakash

jayaprakash New Member

I bought these on recommendation of some bloggers and some from mmb recommendations. I bought all of these before Jan 2016.I know, I bought all these at high prices and many of these are in deep losses.

4. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I was also going to ask from where you got such dabba stock but you have answered it is from bloggers and MMB. How you can buy stocks like that without any research of fundamentals. Better only buy blue chip midcap stocks like JB Chem, CAPF, TCI, Repco, Cera, DHFL. These are 100% safe stocks with good management, high ROE, debt-free/ low debt and gains will come in compounding fashion. What other stocks you have in portfolio? Any Pharma stocks are there?

jayaprakash likes this.
  5. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Sorry to hear that you are in losses right now. I dont know about all the stocks but I can comment on a few.

Centum Electronics: A good company with defense play and prospective orders. May even benefit from 'Make In India' programme. Good thing is that they have a good management, decent balance sheet and good growth but their profits and reflection of that is probably in sync with the defense cycle which is quite long. If you are in for longer term, then I'd suggest you buy on dips and sit tight.

Global Vectra Helicorp: A unique business - "helicopter for rent" kind of business. Generally used for bringing people from oil refinery to land and their largest customers are oil&gas co.s IIRC. They are themselves dependent upon crude oil price (because its one of their cost inputs) but they are diversifying into corporate flying etc. An american co. with goals of launching similar services in India. I am not very bullish on it, as it would be dependent upon crude. Balance sheet is also not great, but it has a decent promoter backing.

Star Ferro: Cement play. Good north east presence and plans to be the biggest suppliers for govt. projects like roads, railways and other constructions. Again a longer term play because in govt. everything moves slowly.

jayaprakash likes this.
  6. om sangani

om sangani New Member

Not that i have heard the name of any company except Royal Orchid. But one thing for the sure they really seem high beta stocks, Srouta is right you should mix it with some quality companies which provide consistent growth to your personal and not just aim for multi-baggers.
    About Royal Orchid, it seems a good stock with reasonable fundamentals and it is range bounded since past month between Rs 79 - 83. I assume it is due to people awaiting for results, further to which it may move towards a direction.

jayaprakash likes this.
  7. jayaprakash

jayaprakash New Member

Thank you all for reply.
    Yes, you are right, I need to mix with consistent stocks than only focusing on penny stocks. I am learning...

8. Arghya Polley

Arghya Polley New Member

Hey Jay,

I am trying to help you after watching the basic result analysis,
    for 1. Centum Electronics Ltd. you can hold, 2. Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd. you must sell, 3. Rajoo Engineers Ltd. you can hold, 4. Royal Orchid Hotels Ltd. you must sell, 5. Star Ferro and Cement Ltd. you must sell, 6. Rasoya Proteins Ltd. you must sell, 7. Anjani Portland Cement Ltd. sell.

Unfortunately, most of the shares are in very low in terms quality, so you can't able to see much more upside in these shares. It's better to sell these shares and always remember you can't make money on borrowed knowledge. So, if you are really interested to know how to judge the share fundamentally then you can follow my blog 100xgain . Here I had discussed how to spot a share with proper analysis. I am working in here from the last 9+ years. One think I can share with you that rule no.1 never loose your money and rule number 2. never forget rule no.1. So, hopefully, you may get the idea about what should you do with your existing holdings.

jayaprakash likes this.
  9. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

nice bro. i am looking forward to your blog.best wishes.

10. krish123

krish123 Member

anjani cement is long term bet

11. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Why not star Ferro??