Stock Market Tips

Discussion in 'School Of Stock Market' started by Tej Bahadur, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Tej Bahadur

Tej Bahadur New Member

1. Avoid buying stocks that everyone is buying

Normally, People tend to buy stocks that their friends, neighbors or colleagues are buying. Don’t buy stocks that everyone is buying. This strategy will get you no where in the long term when it backfires.

2. Have realistic expectations from your investment

Past Performance is Not Necessarily an Indicative of Future Results. If a stock has given great results in the past then it doesn’t mean that you will continue to get the same results year on year. Have realistic expectations from your stock investments.

3. Follow a disciplined approach to investing

Be in the market for medium to long term. If you are looking to get rich quick, the stock market is not for you. A vast majority of investors lose money in the short term. Have patience and you will get outstanding results.

4. Don’t try to time the lows and highs of the market

Getting a good stock at a high valuation is much better than getting a poor stock at a cheap valuation. Don’t try to catch the top of bottoms of the market or the stock. A lot of people have lost far more money than people who have made.

w4wealth and raamuk like this.
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Excellent points. Very Imp for every investor.

Tej Bahadur likes this.
  3. jaipalsidhana

jaipalsidhana New Member

sir i m jai from delhi i m new in trading i want ..learn fundamental analysis...can i learn here....reply plz

4. Srouta Mukherjee

You should buy book called Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham and Peter Lynch's Book. Both are classic and tell how to find good stocks. After that you have to learn to read Balance Sheet and Profit and loss account and compute P/E ratio, debt status, ROE.

Are you a BCom or what is your qualification?

Tej Bahadur likes this.
  5. MARTAND SHARMA

MARTAND SHARMA New Member

2016 is just a few hours away. I am afraid of 8 Years Cycle as Markets shown all time lows after every 8 years since 1992 i.e. 1992, 2000, 2008. Now after 8 years do we need to worry??
    Any good tips in Pharma, IT and Consumption for 2016.

6. Srouta Mukherjee

There is such rule. Simply buy good stocks and sit tight.
    In Pharma JB Chem is good because it has good business, no debt, huge cash on book and reasonable valuations. You can also look at Heritage Foods which is discussed in forum with all pro and cons.

7. anindyaswati

anindyaswati Member

ben graham book is good? how come?if somebody starts his career by reading security analysis then god help him.rather i would suggest a.investing rules 2.balance sheet analysis 3.myth of rational market
    4.letters of warren buffet .memos from howard marks(oaktree) to start with.

any way my view

8. MARTAND SHARMA

MARTAND SHARMA New Member

Never ever enter market by looking others mouth watering returns. Huge experience and knowledge is behind these returns. New comer should start investing through mutual funds and gain knowledge at least for a year before entering the stock market.
    Any body advice on Dhunseri Petro (DPL), Dhunseri Tea (DTIL) and Gravita India ?

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  9. priya agrawal

priya agrawal Member

Trading requires traders to follow certain guidelines only then they can sustain in the marekt with good returns always.

10. ankit12

ankit12 New Member

Thanks for sharing a great tips. Really important for beginners. For latest blog you can reach us:-
    Brokers Analysis Blogs