Mukta arts - Turnaround due to Multiplex business?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by dineshkapoor27, Sep 18, 2016.

1. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

2. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

Nobody is going to watch movies by visiting these theaters in coming years. Trend of watching movies on big screen will diminish..

3. dineshkapoor27

You maybe right for a very long time frame (20+ years) but people go out to watch movies to just get out of the house and for leisure time. Just like you eat outside your house in restaurants. I doubt that it will go away from India very soon. Just my opinion. In any case, I am talking about investing in this stock for 2-3 years timeframe.

4. Farhan Ghumra

Farhan Ghumra Active Member

So next will be theater-in-home or theater-in-smartphone?

5. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

Digital India will also play a crucial role in eliminating the trend of theaters. Entertainment is already being replaced by YouTube/ Hotstar Apps/ Online sites etc. People already feel sick of watching digital screens and likely to avoid theaters / movies.

It never means that the numbers will also decline as new multiplexes may be opened to increase the topline.

6. dineshkapoor27

I highly doubt that assertion. Experience of watching movies is not only better but it's a social experience. I gave an example of people dining out. Do you think that it can be replaced with dining in? It's because ppl need to go out and meet other people. Do you have a study which supports your point?

7. saturn

saturn Member

@dineshkapoor27 , I tend to agree with you about the future of multiplexes. A domain of limited players and a great scope to increase footprint. Can't comment on this specific stock but both INOX and PVR look good over the next couple of years

dineshkapoor27 likes this.
  8. bullworker

bullworker New Member