What will be next 10x. or 100 x multibaggers stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Sep 14, 2015.

1. saturn

saturn Member

Your original post has this recent addition. Dont know who to laugh at and believe. 89 times 6 is 534crores.

Anyways good show by you too in quickly correcting glaring errors in the profit numbers you were quoting. I see you have correct 89crs to 59crs (ofcourse after I highlighted this) in the original message rather than posting a new message acknowledgeing the error. Like I said accountability is rare in here.

Why quote Money Control??? Even the limited review signed off by Deloitte Haskin & Sells indicates 59 crs to 387crs.

Mr Yogi likes this.
  2. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Why quote Money Control??? Even the limited review signed off by Deloitte Haskin & Sells indicates 59 crs to 387crs.[/QUOTE]
    Now better argue with Delioitte why they says profit jump from 59 crore to 387 crore.Although here every one know that figures are regrouped and rearranged to compare in best possible way For every body information famous Vinod Rai was also on board of directors who has been now replaced with former RBI Dy Gov Mr Anand Sinha. So IDFC bank had always top grade management and IDFC bank has great future inspite of personal disliking of few.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. saturn

saturn Member

Deloitte "states" that profits were 387 crs Q2 2016 and which were 59crs. But importantly what their opinion on these statement mentions is " As stated in note 3 to the statement the bank commenced its BANKING operations and business effective 1st October 2015....... Accordingly, the financial results for the quarter and half year ended September 2016 are NOT COMPARABLE with the financial results for the Quarter and half year ended September 2015.

And yes, with you around even incomparables can be regrouped and rearranged for best possible comparison including those instances where there is a clear and unequivocal disclaimer by the Auditors that the numbers are not comparable. And I hope whoever in here knows this treads carefully on your posts. Atleast I do.

Throwing names and their reputation at random may get the attention of some in here. Maybe for you its the Board of Directors that run the bank on a day to day basis (a board comprising mainly of either ID's or non Executive Directors). For me I want to see their Senior Management team perform first.

But since you have a penchant of throwing names who have been or are on the board of IDFC Bank, lets hear from you about the BoD at IndusInd or Yes (the multibaggers banks in the last decade)

I hope Upper circuit tomorrow. Afterall there is a 6 fold jump in profits. In a matter of few days I will be sitting on a neat pile of cash on this investment too made just a couple of months ago :D. Will use this windfall gain for a family holiday to Finland at the Mahindra Holidays resorts there.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Mr Yogi likes this.
  4. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am happy for all those who bought IDFC bank and now may plan holiday around the world not just restricted to Finland. But sorry for any body just sulking for not buying IDFC bank as there are no Csops in IDFC bank. Csops stands for stock options for critics.End of discussion on IDFC bank good results with six fold jump in profits as if some body is really planning to holiday , he needs time for packing ☺

w4wealth likes this.
  5. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

great pick in idfc bank kharbji. idfc bank can be definitely 10 bagger for you.:)

kharb likes this.
  6. saturn

saturn Member

As a stock guru of this forum, dont you know there are dime a dozen alternatives to IDFC Bank available to not just critics (plenty of Csops actually) but intelligent stockpickers too. So dont worry, I dont think anybody is currently sulking not investing in IDFC Bank at the moment. Actually people who would have believed stories about IDFC Bank published in here a year ago and invested blindly would have been the ones sulking until recently and only now breathing a sigh of relief seeing their investments creeping back to levels last seen a year ago. I hope you werent one of those palming off IDFC Bank being a multibagger a year ago. No fears even if you were for like I said people will get away with murder in here.

If indeed somebody has made tons of money on IDFC Bank he is welcome to blow it all up the way he wishes to and at places of his choice. My choice is Finland but hey I still need to make a lot of money on IDFC Bank. See only a ~50% return since I bought IDFC Bank about 4-5 months ago. Wait for UC's from today onwards because of the six fold rise in its net profit. I see this happening already. Its up 1% today.

need time for packing when a holiday is at a planning stage maybe its your style. Maybe for you it makes sense to put the cart before the horse.

So the IDFC Bank discussion ends not because of lack of time - but because my time is precious and I prefer discussing with people who don't skirt uncomfortable questions / points being posed.

Mr Yogi likes this.
  7. Rahul Agarwal

Rahul Agarwal New Member

Hi, can anyone suggest the long term outlook for Sumeet Industries. I bought 1000 at 43 but now it's going to touch lower circuit for last 3 days. Thought it to be 10x in 5 yrs time.

8. vij

vij Member

You caught the top. Management commentary is good, so there is hope. But no technical support until much lower levels.

9. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Sumeet Industries doubled in last one month. Healthy corrections is always welcome. Also market is down for the past 2 days.

10. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

If you are buying for 5 year why you are worried with 3 day movement? Have you got conviction in stock or not. What is business model of Co, who are promoter, who are major shareholders, who are competitiors, what is debt level, what is ROE, EPS and PE are questions are you able to answer or not?

If no I suggest you carefully study stock and see whether you can have conviction in stock or not. If conviction is not there better sell stocks because otherwise you will have many sleepless night and anxiety about capital loss. If conviction is there better buy more whenever price dip is there.

In small cap stocks chances of 25-50% fall and rise is common in nature. Huge volatility is there in such stocks. Some stocks take long time to recover.

So, IMHO you have to check whether conviction is there or not to hold the stocks and then decide according to that. Good luck :)

w4wealth and vij like this.
  11. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

L&T fin profit up 15% YOY, steady performance, stock can give 15 % CAGR plus market beating returns with minimum risk of capital in this over heated market. Stock may cross 150 by Dec 2017.

12. Srouta Mukherjee

100% Agreed. It is 100% safe stock. I am waiting for correction to add.

kharb and Farhan Ghumra like this.
  13. Rahul Agarwal

Rahul Agarwal New Member

I bought it because of it's recent performance - more than 200% profit and mgmt outlook. But concerned why it is going down - daily lower circuit - is it a correction - or Promoter selling, in last few days. So wanted to get an idea from forum if anyone else think similar way, like what happened with Kitex Garments, or did some research on Sumeet Ind, OR is it just one of the hyped cases.

14. shreyans jain

shreyans jain New Member

I recommend Archit Organosys as a small-cap multibagger for very long-term view.
    They are expanding into new products like premium domestic house construction products, nano technology in carbon and also marval (A new organic product for plant growth enhancements). It has good potential as the person responsible for this expansion has good education background and work experience.
    You can check it out.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Srouta Mukherjee and w4wealth like this.
  15. Arvind2k

Arvind2k Member

Piramal Enterprises :
    H1 FY2017 Financial Highlights

Strong revenue growth during the quarter and the half year
    · Up 31 % at Rs.1, 966 Crores during Q2 FY201 7 vs Rs. 1 , 504 Crores in Q2 FY2016
    · Up 2 9 % at Rs.3, 742 Crores during H1 FY201 7 vs Rs.2, 904 Crores in H1 FY2016
    Operating profit was :
    · 67 % higher at Rs. 744 Crores during Q2 FY201 7 vs Rs. 445 Crores in Q2 FY2016
    · 104 % higher at Rs. 1,382 Crores during H1 FY201 7 vs Rs. 678 Crores in H1 FY2016
    OPBITDA Margin was :
    · Up at 3 8 % in Q2 FY201 7 vs. 30 % in Q2 FY201 6
    · Up at 37 % in H1 FY201 7 vs. 23 % in H1 FY201 6
    Net Profit was :
    · Up 30 % at Rs. 306 Crores during Q2 FY201 7 vs Rs. 235 Crores in Q2 FY2016
    · Up 33 % at Rs. 537 Crores during H1 FY201 7 vs Rs. 405 Crores in H1 FY2016

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  16. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

DCB bank hit 52 week high.

17. Srouta Mukherjee

Stock is up 44% on year basis. Best time to buy was when the crash was there because of downgrade by brokers.

Farhan Ghumra likes this.
  18. Arvind2k

Arvind2k Member

Ajay Piramal, Chairman, Piramal Enterprises said, “We are pleased to share, that in continuation to previous quarters, Piramal Enterprises has recorded strong growth and robust profitability in the first half of FY2017. Our business strategy to grow both organically and inorganically, along with strong execution capabilities, enables us to consistently deliver healthy financial results. We remain committed to creating long term value for our shareholders.”

Key Takeaways:
    1. Major driver: Financial Services: Income from Financial Services was 99% higher at Rs.815 Crores for Q2 FY2017 and 98% higher at Rs1,450 Crores for H1 FY2017.The growth in income was primarily driven by increase in size of Loan Book. Loan Book grew by 113% to Rs.19,170 Crores as on 30 Sept 2016 vs Rs.9,020 Crores as on 30 Sept 2015. Construction finance now accounts for 52% of the total real estate loan book. Gross NPA was reduced to 0.4% as on 30 Sept 2016. On Gross NPA front management took several initiatives as mentioned below: Enhanced focus on asset monitoring and GNPA ratio portfolio review • Zero NPA in 160 real estate loan accounts as on Sept 2016 • Today, Asset Management team is covering 90 developers, 160 transactions and over 280 projects across India • Team does 150 site visits per month • Increased frequency of Project Monitoring Meetings to review project status along with the developer and take early remedial action, wherever necessary
    2. Healthcare remain modest growth generator: With just 7% rise in sales and approximately 12-13% rise in net profit healthcare shown tepid growth. OTC segment was major driver in healthcare business with 76% growth.
    3. DRG laggard: DRG: Revenue and profits were marginally lower.
    All in all, financial vertical in the scrip has propelled this quarterly growth and I am really happy for that. Hopefully, in coming quarters healthcare & DRG will try to bridge the growth rate differential.

19. Arvind2k

Arvind2k Member

Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd. - A Must in CORE PORTFOLIO !!!!!! (CMP: 847)
    Company reported stellar quarterly numbers.

Indiabulls Housing Finance reported a rise of 23.2 percent in net profit at Rs 684.31 crore for the second quarter ended September 2016.
    Company's net profit was at Rs 555.54 crore in the July-September quarter of previous fiscal 2015-16. Total income increased to Rs 2874.95 crore for
    the quarter ended September 30, 2016 from Rs 2245.72 crore in the same period a year ago.
    On standalone basis, the net profit rose 17.7 percent to Rs 641.11 crore from Rs 544.57 crore in the year-ago quarter.
    Total income on standalone basis increased to Rs 2,760.36 crore from Rs 2,160.56 crore in the year-ago period.
    The Board of Directors also declared a second interim dividend of Rs 9 per equity share for 2016-17.

Investors who have Indiabulls Housing Finance... please continue holding this GEM in long term core portfolio.

20. Arvind2k

Arvind2k Member

OTC to grow as people have no time for doctors: Nandini Piramal

October 31, 2016:
    Nandini Piramal (36), daughter of billionaire Ajay Piramal, loves building brands. She is also working to enhance the quality of people at Piramal Enterprises. As executive director, she handles Group HR and the OTC business. In a freewheeling interview, Ms. Piramal spoke about her passion, the Piramal family and the ambition to make it big in the healthcare business — a large part of which was sold to Abbott Laboratories in a $3.7 billion deal in 2010. Edited excerpts:

What made you to focus on the healthcare business while your brother Anand is looking after the real estate arm?
    I am very passionate about pharma and the over-the-counter (OTC) business. I love what I am doing. It’s a huge opportunity to build a consumer business and I am very excited about it.

Is there any plan to shift to any new role later?
    I have done a variety of jobs and I love what I am doing now.
    Human resources gives me insight into all the businesses because I honestly believe that to achieve all our goals our quality of people needs to improve. So we are investing a lot in our people, a lot of leadership development and for our middle and senior managers. When we do recruit we spend a lot of time in recruiting better people and a better replacement.

Since the generics business was sold to Abbott, financial services seems to be the main business of the company now….
    No! For pharma, we were at 54 per cent of our revenue last year. So it is still big. In the last two years in the healthcare segment, we have done six acquisitions. We have invested Rs. 1,800 crore in acquisitions in last two years.

What is the investment plan going forward? Where would you like to improve?
    In the last 5-6 years, we have grown at about 18 per cent and most of it is organic. So now we have done some acquisitions and we believe the growth will be higher. We would continue to grow organically and we are looking into acquisitions. We are interested in our hospital products globally because in our anaesthetic business, we sell in 100 plus countries. Therefore, we have a very good distribution. So, we are looking forward to more hospital products that will fit in that basket.

Then in OTC we are only in India and that is the focus area at the moment.

We will continue to look at brands and focus on all new products. I am a big fan of buying brands. Our biggest success is when we bought the legacy or heritage products from people and grew them. I think the OTC market is still fragmented in India, we have the opportunity to become a category creator and I think there is a lot of room for disruption in the OTC market.

One of our products in line extension is Polycrol paan. It is an antacid and all antacids currently are in pink and when we talk to consumers they say they don’t like the chalky taste. So, we came up with Polycrol paan which is green and that chalky taste is not there any more. I think there is a lot of scope for consumer innovations and as a company we spend a lot of time with consumers and meet their unmet needs.

Where does OTC figure now?
    The biggest business is still pharma contract manufacturing which last year had revenues of Rs. 2,290 crore. Then we have our anaesthesia business which has revenues of Rs. 876 crore and then OTC which had reported revenues of Rs. 393 crore.

Where are you looking to expand?
    If I look at our hospital products we are looking at opportunities globally. In OTC, we are only looking to expand in India because I am a passionate believer in the Indian market.

In pharma solutions, we have had two acquisitions in the U.S. So now we will have to take a little bit of pause before pursuing further acquisitions.

What will be your important strategies going forward?
    In HR, I have one strategy — to improve the quality of my people. In OTC we have expanded our distribution. We will continue to grow organically by investing in brands and expanding by going to smaller towns, demand generation and line extension. We will introduce new brands and we will continue to grow through acquisitions. I am sure that OTC is bound to grow because today people have no time to go to doctors.
    And, you cannot stay at home for two days. We want to grow the healthcare business also. We are very passionate about healthcare. It is not a small part of the business. It is a significant part. We are investing in it and we expect to grow going forward also.

Are you re-building that business after selling to Abbott?
    Yes, I think so.

Do you often turn to your father for advice in running the business?
    Obviously. He is the chairman of the company. For any big decision, he will have a point of view. I also get the CFO’s point of view. He is someone who has been in the business for twenty-something years.

What is his influence on you?
    One is obviously risk-taking. Secondly, not everything will work out in the short-term. There will be some ups and downs in business. You have to take everything with a cool head and continue with a long-term view.

How about the influence of your mother (Dr Swati Piramal)?
    Her creativity is unparalleled. She comes up with ideas and ways of doing things that no one else will come up with. For example, we wanted our people to understand what our values are.

One of the best ways is to make people understand the value by telling stories... The stories about how people have experienced values at the workplace. She only came up with this idea to ask all our employees to write their stories. We have 7,000 submissions.

They all came up with stories about themselves, their children, their local myths.

It is a powerful way of getting people to understand what values are, to explain what a myth is. Humility is a core part of it. They know what humility is. But how does one explain it to someone? The best way is through stories. She came up with this idea and it is a powerful tool to make someone understand it in a simple manner.

In business families it is better to divide the roles well in advance. We have seen several conflicts in the past. Has your father divided the roles for both you and your brother?
    We all enjoy what we are doing. We are a very close family. We have lunch every single day together. We all love what we are doing right now. We will see what happens in the future.

(This article first appeared in The Hindu dated October 31, 2016)