Mistri damaging Tata group and its share holders, fight of Mistry with Architect

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Oct 28, 2016.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

It is surprising the person who has been director in Tata Sons for ten years and Chairman for last four years, said nothing with what he is now trying to damage. Tata sons is private Ltd company and it is well with in right of any pvt company board to replace an incompetent or otherwise, Chairman in their view, only with majority. Here it was case that none supported the out going Chairman. . He has not been removed from chairman of any listed company where share holder has right for information. Share holders of listed companies are not share holders of Tata Sons so they don't have any right to question permoter company. More over Mistry has not shown good leadership but just trying to sell assets which even any third grade leader can do. To create new assets, new business, to increase market share and to turn around sick asstets should be focus of a first class leader. Ratan Tata imagination of 1 lac car has taken world by surprise. Even in Japan, where I have been for long training at that time , sponsered by CII, that includes Toyta, Mitusbishi and many more Top rated companies, many top engineers has all praise for Tata for even thinking of making small cost Car and many of Japanese engineers were motivated to take big cost control project.He motivated engineers around globe to think about bottom of pyramid during desgin, which resulted into lot of low cost but useful products which were out of reach of people belonging to bottom of pyramid. We should not just focus that car did not do financialy, which in my view was result of poor marketing. Mistry should avoid damaging Tata group further as this is hurting share holders and will only result into further justifying his replacement with many share holders of Tata companies like me thinking that why Tata took four years to replace a person like him, who don't think once what will be result of his fight to small share holders of group compnies.In my view Mistri has provided an opportunity to small investers to invest in group at discount.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

No one can get into other peoples family business and treat it like your own and stay there for long. that is what happened with mistry i think. He took ratan tata as given up as he was close to 80 year. But ratan is the real tata. I think ratan can be chairman for another 10 years.

Srouta Mukherjee and kharb like this.
  3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

In my view Tata group companies share holders should stand solidly behind Ratan Tata and should ignore Mistry out burst as nothing more than a of person who has lost his job recently. Mr. Mistry should not fall too low with his blame game, he should feel responsibilty to all Tata group companies small share holders, who will be the only loser if his continues with blame game directly or indirectly. How his confedential copy are on front page of news papers, resulting in loss to small share holders.Small share holders need not to panic as they are in safe hands of Ratan Tata.

w4wealth and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  4. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

it is very shocking situation. All confidence in blue chip group is gone. How this group is different from other group if dirty linen is washed like this in public. Why anybody will premium for such stock price if such behavior is there and fighting is there in public eye. IMHO it is very sad state for the TATA group.
    Panic is not there but why someone will pay premium for TATA name. better to invest in other company at low valuations.

5. w4wealth

true kharbji. steel, power, hotel, telecom businesses have their own characteristic problems and this is what mistry is highlighting as legacy hotspots. Family businesses are offcourse run for profits but they have there own values. Tata is the biggest global brand from india because of their values. Mistry was simply trying to sell off all loss making segments and showing wrong attitude. that is what went wrong with him.

6. w4wealth

Rakesh jhunjhunwala made 3000+ crores in his biggest winner (120 bagger) in titan which is from tata. that says all.:)

kharb likes this.
  7. w4wealth

and mistry bought welspun solar for tata power for 1.4 bn $ without consulting ratan tata.

kharb likes this.
  8. Raaz

Raaz Active Member