Creating my portfolio please review and advice on my stock holdings

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by mscratnesh, Dec 31, 2016.

1. mscratnesh

mscratnesh New Member

Currently I am creating my portfolio please review and advice on my stock holdings.

ScripCode-------------------Hold Price--------Current Percentage----------Target Percentage
    ADANIPORTS---------------- 267.19 ---------------------- 4.33 ----------------------------- 4 ------------
    ALLCARGO-------------------181.78 ----------------------- 3.25 ----------------------------- 4 ------------
    AXISBANK---------------------519.31 ---------------------- 7.54 ----------------------------- 5 ------------
    COALINDIA------------------- 352.94 ---------------------- 4.06 ---------------------------- 4 ------------
    CROMPTON------------------ 64.01 ------------------------ 3.86 ---------------------------- 4 ------------
    GABRIEL-----------------------112.33 ----------------------- 2.57----------------------------- 4 ------------
    GRANULES-------------------124.75 ----------------------- 5.57----------------------------- 4 ------------
    HCC---------------------------- 37.4 ---------------------------1.64 ----------------------------- 2 ------------
    ICICIBANK-------------------- 263.47 ----------------------- 6.91----------------------------- 5 ------------
    ICICIPRULI------------------- 333.26 ----------------------- 8.77----------------------------- 5 ------------
    KANSAINER----------------- 326.18 ----------------------- 3.29 ----------------------------- 5 ------------
    KEC-----------------------------131.6 ------------------------- 4.98 ---------------------------- 5 ------------
    LICHSGFIN------------------- 527.16 ----------------------- 7.58 ---------------------------- 5 ------------
    LT--------------------------------1629.36 ---------------------- 7.83 ---------------------------- 5 ------------
    MARICO----------------------- 270.69 ----------------------- 4.37----------------------------- 5 ------------
    MCX---------------------------- 1271.98 --------------------- 4.09 ---------------------------- 5 ------------
    NBCC -------------------------- 219.18 ----------------------- 0.31---------------------------- 5 ------------
    PTC----------------------------- 77.65 ------------------------- 5.49 --------------------------- 5 ------------
    SBIN---------------------------- 255.82 ----------------------- 4.68 ---------------------------- 5 ------------
    sovereign gold bond-------- 3150 --------------------------1.76 ---------------------------- 3 ------------
    SUNPHARMA---------------- 814.3 ------------------------- 6.09 --------------------------- 5 ------------
    UJJIVAN----------------------- 306.78 ----------------------- 1.04----------------------------- 6 ------------

I am just accumulating in SIP mode. If i get any spike in any particular script the I don't hesitate in booking profit and wait for lower level.

Please review the holdings and the target percentage.

I am thinking to repalce the COALINDIA with MOIL also.

2. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Congratulations mscratnesh sir ,
    Your way of investment is very good ....
    My selection of stocks in your portfolio
    1.ICICIBANK
    2.MARICO
    3.COALINDIA
    4.KANSAINER
    5.MCX
    6.NBCC
    7.PTC
    8.LICHSGFIN
    9.Torrent Pharma (My choice)
    10.Concor (My choice) accumulate in corrections slowly
    11.MOIL

ICICI PRU LI is good but majority of that company stake is having ICICI BANK so it is covering that company profits
    but it is your choice sir , COAL INDIA is a Nifty stock and more over it is almost monopoly in coal business , it is a good profit making and good dividend paying company , latest quarterly result is not up to the mark , but choice is yours , don't invest not more than 8 % in a stock , not more than 10 % in one sector , SIP method investment is good for long term sir ....

ALL THE BEST SIR

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    mscratnesh and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  3. mscratnesh

mscratnesh New Member

thank Rama Sir

4. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Good stocks selection is there. Coal India is PSU which has got benefit and disadvantage. Benefit is capital is safe and business monpoly is there. Disadvantage is that Govt interference is there and chance of super profits is not there because coal is a necesssity for the economy and prices have to be reasonable for economy.

5. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

ALLCARGO
    GABRIEL-
    GRANULES
    ICICIPRULI
    KANSAINER
    LICHSGFIN
    MCX
    NBCC
    SBIN
    UJJIVAN
    my selection

mscratnesh likes this.
  6. mscratnesh

mscratnesh New Member

Thanks to all of you for time and suggestions. I just notice on moneycontrol.com that net profit of CONCOR is down in last quarters.

I can understand that we should hold icici or icicipru.

i can see that none of you liked larsen :) . Should i shift form larsen to any other.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  7. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

look into knr construction or j kumar infra or irb developers

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Larsen is v. good company but is it good stock. It has market cap of 125,855.43 crore. This means difficulty in giving returns. Too many divisions are there and there is loss in one and profit in other. Too big companies cannot grow easily. Better to go for small-cap or mid-cap with good quality like KNR Construction.

See article in outlook business:

Small is beautiful

Mid-sized infra players make hay as leveraged biggies continue to flounder

Jitendra Kumar Gupta

It’s a study in contrast, if one were to look at infrastructure stocks. Of the 198 listed infrastructure companies, the behemoths continue to be out of favour, while the Street seems to be taking fancy to small- and mid-sized companies.

Vibhor Singhal, who tracks the sector at PhillipCapital, says, “The market is no longer rewarding companies with a huge order-book unless they have a strong balance sheet. This is also why small- and mid-cap companies with good balance sheets are bagging fresh orders as the bigger players, due to their weak low cash flow, are staying away from fresh bids.”

Leading infra names such as GMR Infra, GVK, JP Associates, Gammon India, Lanco Infra, Punj Lloyd, and Reliance Infra have, on an average, eroded 44% of their market cap over the past three years. This is against the 500% return generated by small- and mid-cap companies such as Sadbhav Engineering, NCC, ITD Cementation, Gayatri Projects, KNR Construction, J Kumar Infra, and IRB Infra. Even on a YTD basis, with average negative 2% share price return, the smaller companies have significantly outperformed the larger ones who on an average lost 37% in this period.

One big reason for the big shift is the continued indebtedness of the larger peers. In fact, given that many of the bigger players are having a negative net worth, they are not even able to service debt. To put it in perspective, on an average the larger peers have an interest coverage ratio of 0.3x against 2.67x for small- and mid-size companies.

Construction is a working capital-intensive business. Even the most efficient players such as J Kumar, NCC and KNR Construction have got a working capital ratio of 150-200 days, which means they need funding for that long to execute projects. Main developers are finding it difficult to raise fresh debt because of a highly leveraged balance sheet.

That apart, the bigger companies are also facing challenges in building up equity as a large part of the cash generated from the business goes into making payment of interest and installment of loans. In FY16, JP Associates' income before interest at ₹4,708 crore was not even enough to cover interest cost of ₹7,618 crore. After paying the financers, it actually reported a negative cash flow. This is where the mid-sized players are benefitting.

Once a domain of larger players, several of Mumbai Metro projects were won by J Kumar Infraprojects and NCC. J Kumar, with an order-book of close to ₹10,000 crore, has an order book to bill ratio of 7x, the highest in the industry. Last year in FY16, the company made a cash profit of ₹150 crore, indicating that the company has enough leeway in terms of managing its growth. NCC, too, saw a 133% jump in its order inflows led by lower competition and reduction in leverage from 1.42x debt to equity in FY14 to 1x in FY16.

"NCC is one of the few construction companies to have managed a successful turnaround in its balance sheet. Post that, its order inflows have started to improve which sets it up for a pick-up in revenues from FY18 onwards. Valuations post correction are very attractive at 11.5x for 40% earnings CAGR over the FY16-18 period," mentions Inderjeet Singh Bhatia, who tracks the company at Macquarie Capital

KNR Construction, which has a market cap of ₹2,178 crore, has a debt to equity of less than 0.1x and interest coverage ratio of 11x. Given its light balance sheet and strong execution, it has grabbed more orders. To put it in perspective, the company is sitting on an order book to sales of close to 4x, ensuring strong earnings visibility.

Despite asset sales, most larger players are still stuck with humongous debt. “This is a vicious cycle and most of these large players will be stuck for at least another two to three years. They will have to cut debt substantially and raise equity to reach a point where they can grab new business,” feels Singhal.

In other words, for now, the mid- and small-sized infra firms will continue to rule the roost.

https://www.outlookbusiness.com/markets/trend/small-is-beautiful-3269

9. Srouta Mukherjee

Porinju gave same advice of stocks in small cap and midcap space:

Top stocks bets:

Porinju is bullish on select infrastructure stocks such as J Kumar Infra, and Sunil Hitech. He said investors should keep railway stocks such as Texmaco and Titagarh Wagons on their watch list.

He continued to hold Talwalkars, as he sees no impact on the business from the recent economic developments. Investors can also look at smaller well-managed companies such as Saksoft, Datamatics, Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation, HSIL, TCI, Orient Cement with a long-term view.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...th-for-calendar-2017/articleshow/56214441.cms

10. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

In my view 2017 year Indian Stock market face some difficulties , Due to US import policies 'china and Indian ' Exports may effect Trump is planning to impose 5 % Import Duties .... and his corporate tax reduction policy
    and this Indian budget in my expectation focus on Digitization and Agriculture , poor people housing schemes
    i think Infra and corporate sectors may get less benefit due to UP Election
    i think in UP Election BJP may get full majority

i think in Budget If ' Derivatives sector impose tax hike ' it may effect stock market immediately
    in my view If Government is not taken any steps against 'NPA 'problem PSU banks will face difficulties in 2017
    GST implementation also slowing down due to political parties is another cause

European economy and political situations are also not good

government will prepare for economy stimulus package for Corporate sector will be needed due to US closed Economy policies
    In my view Indian stock market is still very Expensive mainly Mid and small cap stocks ...
    and my main worry about Indian stock market is " GIFT CITY " BSE to plan 22 hours trading a day on GIFT CITY
    on January 09 th 2017 and NSE will follow this in Fib 2017 first week

source : https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...to-foray-in-february/articleshow/56234975.cms

my view is if market hours expand ...volatility will drop is the main problem
    in short time hours for trading will give good volatility
    if it implemented mid night market crash who knows about that ....
    US day time is our night time if they sell basket selling heavy at mid night in Indian time
    who knows, and night trading and employees in stock brokings support at night time also very difficult
    i may be wrong in my analysis please discuss this issue and share your views much more

ALL THE BEST

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  11. Srouta Mukherjee

12. mscratnesh

mscratnesh New Member

Digitization and Agriculture and rural consumption will do well. After new pay commission, OROP , good monsoon and demonetization will boost them. We should also look at cement company after modi's new year gift. I was reading somewhere that 70% of cement is consumed in domestic demand.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.