Growth Prospects of IDFC Bank & IDFC

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Bankim, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Bankim

Bankim New Member

Hi

I have invested in IDFC Bank and IDFC in 2015 post demerger. Stock is down now but I can hold the stock for 5-7 years. Should I jump ship or stay invested?

2. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

In my view, both of IDFC and IDFC Bank needs time to show results. If you can allocate funds and not to be touched then you can keep them or else you can switch to others.

Bankim and kharb like this.
  3. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

In my View IDFC Bank perform well in future , so hold it for long term

Ravikumar and kharb like this.
  4. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Presently all corporate lenders ,be it Pvt or PSU, are in problem due to NPA .But in my view all problems are priced in stock price,that includes IDFC bank ,ICICI bank ,Axis Bank or SBI .I expect these problem to persist atleast for next 2 more quarters .So I expect speedy recovery in Corporate lenders including IDFC bank from Q 3 results.So these stock may start performing from Nov 17 Onwards and should do well after declaring results of 3rd Quarter of next financial year . These stocks may stagnante maximum for next six months more.So it looks to be accumulation time for corporate lenders .These corporate lending banks like IDFC bank looks good bet in this over heated market for next one year and beyond.I expect three digit price in IDFC bank in two years or may be early .

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  5. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

In my view may be before 2019 ( crossed Rajyasabha magic number ) BJP Government do strong ACT on NPA issue for parmanent Solution and also mergers in PSU banks also increase the strength in Banking Sector
    i think IDFC Bank also expanding its branch network and it is Rs.60 - 65 , cost wise down side risk is less and with in 3 years i am expecting good returns , what kharb ji said is correct

Bankim, kharb and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  6. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

100% agreed stock is doing well and become multibagger. Safety is also there with low valuations.

Bankim and kharb like this.
  7. Bankim

Bankim New Member

Thanks guys. Appreciate the input. But is IDFc merger with IDFC Bank going to happen anytime soon?