Any Reviews about discount broker zerodha

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Warrenbuff77, Jan 12, 2016.

1. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

Bombay Boyji, you have been using Zerodha for almost 11 months. You have also been using their Kite App. Your views and comments, on Zerodha, please.

2. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

hello

yes, I've been using Kite app since it was made available

I like Upstox more than Kite for the mobile app

on a PC, Zerodha is better and also better overall with value added services and back-office reports

3. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

But upstox is from RKSV and kite is from zerodha. So you use services from RKSV and Zerodha. So which is more better? more profitable?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  4. BombayBoy

yes, i use both and they're more or less the same in terms of offerings for fees & charges

Upstox is the better app if you're using mobile like me

profitable? both have max & flat Rs 20 brokerage - no difference there

5. Jitu

Jitu New Member

VERY TRUE

6. Jitu

Jitu New Member

ZERODHA - PATHETIC TERMINAL ...WORST SERVICE. APPLICATIONS SHUTS OFTEN , HANGS, ORDERS DONT GET EXECUTED. YOU WILL ONLY LOOSE MONEY IF YOU TRADE HERE. I AM SHIFTING TO OTHER BROKER TODAY ITSELF

7. Ruchir Joshi

Ruchir Joshi Member

You can consider tradesmartonline. I am using it since 2015 and found very good!!!

8. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

Ruchirji, what are the charges of tradesmartonline.com? Opening charges, maintenance charges, buy/ sell brokerages and other charges etc.

9. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I am going for upstox. Not for trading but once in while stock investing. It is quite smooth.

10. Ruchir Joshi

Ruchir Joshi Member

15 Rs. per trade. For opening charges, I got at Zero Account opening charges as it was waived.

11. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

Does upstox provide reports in excel format? Does Upstox have option for "buy today sell tomorrow" or "sell today buy tomorrow" type of trading?

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  12. djneee

djneee New Member

Hi,Nice that you have asked the question earlier, PLEASE Visit the STOCK BROKER SELECTION CRITERIA
    https://sites.google.com/site/financialmarketsbasics/queries/broker-selection
    DISADVANTAGES of ZERODHA
    1. There is no margin for Delivery trades
    2. If you want to get margin against holdings, you have to buy a stock and wait for 2 days, after 2 days you can pledge the stock by a pledge request on 3rd day. on fourth day you will get a margin that can be used for intraday trades.
    3. There is no recommendation on buy and sell.
    4. Zerodha has only 5 watchlists with each 15 stocks
    5. They do not have any default NIFTY50 watch list.
    My SUGGESTION is OPEN ACCOUNT WITH 5PAISA
    1. 5paisa offer very very high exposure for delivery trades
    2.5 paisa not square off the position on the 5 th day directly. You can extend your holdings position for more than 5 days also by email request.
    3. They offer very less brokerage.FLAT 10 Rs per order
    4. 5paisa offers recommendations to buy and sell in cash, future and options5
    5.5paisa has default NIFTY 5o watchlist and dash board updated regarding market
    6. 5paisa has 3 watch list of 50 each . So you can add almost 150 stocks.
    Also there is a offer, FREE ACCOUNT OPENING and free for FIRST 50 trades. to make use of this offer
    There are several other benefits also
    email me your emailaddress and contact no to dalalstreeet@gmail.com

Mr Yogi likes this.
  13. djneee

djneee New Member

Hi,Nice that you have asked the question earlier, PLEASE Visit the STOCK BROKER SELECTION CRITERIA
    DISADVANTAGES of ZERODHA
    2. If you want to get margin against holdings, you have to buy a stock and wait for 2 days, after 2 days you can pledge the stock by a pledge request on 3rd day. on fourth day you will get a margin that can be used for intraday trades.
    2.5 paisa not square off the position on the 5 th day directly. You can extend your holdings position for more than 5 days also by email request.
    Also there is a offer, FREE ACCOUNT OPENING and free for FIRST 50 trades. to make use of this offer

14. djneee

djneee New Member

DISADVANTAGES of ZERODHA
    7. Chat facility in android phones .
    8.Research recommendations in mobile. the only discount broker who offers recommendations.
    9..Huge exposure margin for delivery trades.
    10. Instant Exposure against cash and holdings. No margin request procedure requried from Clients.
    11. Add watchlist segment wise.
    12.No backoffice webpage dependancy. All payin , payout and statements are available in the APP.
    and so oon.

15. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

I am also thinking of using Upstox. So I made some basic inquiries. I browsed their website. I found that to transfer funds they charge Rs. 7/= per transaction. This can eat into your profit. BB, how do you transfer funds in UPSTOX?

16. WQsads

WQsads New Member

I've been using Zerodha for almost a year and have almost no problems. Sometimes in early day trading their servers go down because of load. I don't do intraday trading, only long term holding. So I can't comment on that.

17. yembee

yembee Active Member

I've been using Zerodha for almost a year and have almost no problems.

18. BombayBoy

hello

there are different interpretations to BTST and STBT (when there's no actual delivery), you'd better talk to the Risk Management guys at RKSV and not the sales team to get your doubt cleared

having said that, i've done what i consider as normal BTST or STBT and had absolutely no problems

hi

yes, i don't like the costs associated with transferring funds using the payment gateway and the cost is what the PG actually charges these brokers for the service

i've an account with HDFC Bank and RKSV (Upstox) and Zerodha both have accounts with HDFC Bank, so it's just a third party funds transfer within the bank and a call to the customer service if i want to trade urgently

if you've an account with HDFC Bank, it'd be good
    else, there's no escaping this cost of using the PG or just use NEFT (don't know if RKSV accepts via IMPS, you'd like to check) and wait for hours or even a day when they aren't doing what needs to be done

[btw, we also have to pay for NEFT/RTGS/IMPS unless there's an account offering which has it covered in the pricing, recently got one with Yes Bank and have accounts with IDFC Bank where i've transactions at no cost]

same, Yembee and anytime there's been a problem, it's mostly an underlying problem with NEST

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  19. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

Thanks

20. D Mohan

D Mohan Member

So, if you have an account with HDFC Bank, the add fund charges/ PG charges are not payable?