Secular growth stocks with 5+ year horizon suitable for 10%+ of PF

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by jarmoney, Apr 13, 2015.

1. dharmesh jariwala

dharmesh jariwala Member

I also started invested in NIIT ltd
    Prospects looks brighter for long term
    Very good business education and skill development are !!
    Demanding and high inflating sector
    84 looks attractive
    Many small cap funds had accumulated it----------------

Mr Yogi, krish123 and w4wealth like this.
  2. Arvind2k

Arvind2k Member

Market has got a vicious cut in last two days on account of two things.
    First one is the probable victory of Donald Trump in USA and second is statement made by many FII and funds that the small and mid caps have become expensive as compared to Large caps so need to correct.

Now let us examine both:
    First who so ever wins the presidential election will have no far reaching impact on India barring initial hiccups which the market has already discounted to large extent and in my view the market is going to rebound after the uncertainty of elections is over.

Second that the prices of small and mid cap have become expensive is a fallacy. The fact is in last one year or so the market has been kept high not by the FIIs but by domestic HNI and other retail investors.

Our own investors are more shrewd than so called foreign educated fund managers. Indian's recognize value when they see it whether it was in property a few years ago or recently in gold and in small and mid caps.

Most of the big funds and FII's failed to read the market and missed the rally of last year. They are stuck with high priced front line stocks and want to bring down the market. They will buy these very small and mid cap companies if the market corrects.

Stocks like REC, PFC are gems which not only are very reasonably priced but are excellent dividend players. So is the case of innumerable other small and mid cap stocks where domestic investors are invested. Remember it is much easier to support the price of a Visaka Industries or Snowman Logistics than HDFC or ICICI bank.

So just relax. Do not panic and if invested in good scrips at reasonable prices you are bound to make profits and come out victorious.

I have seen so many such events before that they do not disturb me. Just remember to be invested in good businesses at good prices. Best of luck.

Mr Yogi, krish123 and Farhan Ghumra like this.
  3. Sumalsn

Sumalsn New Member

Sir,
    Thanks for the elaborate post. Don't you think V-mart Retail is expensive as its P/E is 38. The volume of trade also seems to be very low

4. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

i think niit is a foreign story than domestic. so be careful when trump comes to power

5. rupesh ramesh kadam

rupesh ramesh kadam New Member

6. KK Shah

KK Shah Member

LKP Finance (BSE Scrip ID 507912) at 77 (Book Value Rs 129). Company pays Rs 7 Dividend, which gives 9% tax free yield.

Plus company has lots of investment in Shares on which it earns LTCG tax free profit and Dividend, which it shares with the shareholders by way of dividend.

It is also holding co. Of LKP Securities and few more good business like a Cement company and a wealth management company .

LKP Securities (BSE 540192) RS 8.9 FV Rs.2 demerged from LKP Finance, available at dirt cheap valuations at market cap of only 60 Cr (compared to rich valuations for listed brokerage house like Motilal, IIFL, Geojit, etc. )due to fund selling post demerger (like Arvind Infra, Marico Kaya, Max Venture, etc) The company is one of the oldest and leading brokerage house of the country.

Once selling from funds gets absorbed and circuit filter revised from 5% to 10% & 20%, the stock can easily make new highs in the medium to long term.

Mr Yogi likes this.
  7. Vikas Kamat

Vikas Kamat New Member

Currently i like Ruchira Papers alot. Holding it since 105, Promoters have recently bought more, trades relivtively lower to other paper companies. Plus the Tamil Nadu plant having the water problem is making it grow. Don;t know about if they are thinking to expand but promoters buying gives me confidence.

Also i registered at this site www.stallionasset.com . DHFL is one pick of theirs and they have an aggressive target of 500+ if all goes well in the markets. Holding it since it was 325, and it has been going strong.
    I am uploading the report as well for you guys. Lets all make wealth together.

Attached Files:

• DHFL.pdf
      File size:
      463.3 KB
      Views:
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

DHFL is very good stock I hold in portfolio :) I also have PNB Housing which is good stock also.

9. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@ Mr Mukherjee ,will it not be better if supporting rationale is also expliained, specifyng right entry price level and explaining why these are better investments than peer companies.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  10. Warren Buffet Jr.

Warren Buffet Jr. Member

So I came across his stock after Porinju Veliyath recommended this stock. I started tracking this stock, It really is a stock worth investing.
    The stock is currently trading around Rs.13.5.

Sunil Hitech Engineer is a major Engineering, Procurement & Construction Company in India. It offers services in Urban Infra, Roads, Power Projects, Solar Energy & Solid waste Management.

Interesting numbers & great fundamentals & strong Order book
    Some interesting numbers :
    - Revenue CAGR Growth = 16.12% (Good above 15%)
    - PAT CAGR Growth = 14.27% (Good)
    - EPS CAGR Growth = 10.82% (Good)

- Sales Vs Receivable (Receivables as a % of Net Sales) :
    2012 - 24.6%
    2103 - 34.4%
    2014 - 33.1%
    2015 - 23%
    2016 - 27.1%
    The company has shown some stability here,a large part of their sales is not really backed by receivables (Credit), which is quite encouraging.

-
    Net Cashflow from Operating activity is stable & positive which signals core business operations are generating cash and are successful.
    - Total Non-Current Debt has decreased from past year.

-ROE has increased for past 3 years and is around 12-13% which is good as it is above 10%

- Has Strong Order Book : (links)

Also has many Ongoing Projects.

With numbers so interesting & great fundamentals I really think this stock has the potential to be next Multibagger. I have addded to my portfolio.

Ace Investor Porinju recommended this stock among his TOP Picks, here are some links -
    Dis. - My views are personal please do a due diligence before investing.

11. Sagar shah

Sagar shah New Member

@Srouta Mukherjee totally, i agree with HSIL which is available at low valuation. I have made research report on HSIL which i have enclosed here and i believe that HSIL will provide 18% to 20% CAGR.

Attached Files:

• HSIL.pdf
      File size:
      814.5 KB
      Views:
  12. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

good report on hsil. well done

13. Sagar shah

Sagar shah New Member

14. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

In my view toilet seats are used only once in house,but paints are used every three four years .So for housing sector paint sector is more secular.

Sagar shah and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  15. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Report is super. I have big lot of HSIL in portfolio :)

You have any other reports pl share it with us :)

16. Sagar shah

Sagar shah New Member

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  17. Sagar shah

Sagar shah New Member

Nice observation.. totally agreed

18. Ajay Hooda

Ajay Hooda New Member

Piramal Ent , L&T , L&T Finance , JSPL , Indusind bank reccomended by @AlphaStreetIn #AlphaStreetView can be very good growth stocks .

Mr Yogi likes this.
  19. Ajay Hooda

Ajay Hooda New Member

1. Piramal Ent 2 Mercator 3. JSPL 4 IndusInd Bank 5 ICICI Bank 6 IDFC Bank 7 L&T 8 L&T Finance 9 Rain Industries 10 Adani Enterprises . #AlphaStreetView on @AlphaStreetIn discusses many such stocks , turnarounds & high growth are the best now in overvalued markets .

Mr Yogi likes this.
  20. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Added L&T Finance today....

kharb likes this.