Speciality Chemicals is hot sector, which are are best investment grade secular stories

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Sep 17, 2016.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Speciality Chemicals is the hot sector presently and many of the stocks are already mutibagger and are richly priced now. Which are still the best investment grade secular stories, where we can still bet for more than 20% CAGR returns for next five years or more.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

Consider ASHOK ALCO CHEMICAL

Low PE but strong fundamentals. Company has recently stopped global trading activities and focused on manufacturing due to which top line appears poor but check the result published on BSE site for deep insight.

I am very positive for this stock.

3. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

[​IMG]

Buy Ashok Alco Chem ABOVE the current price of 115. If price takes a dip from here then avoid.

Attached Files:

4. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Adi Finechem, Camlin Fine, Vidhi Dyestuffs, Thirumalai are interesting picks. Midcaps include Aarti Industries and Vinati Organics.

5. chethan.vt

chethan.vt New Member

Excel industry also looking interesting pick.

6. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

Kharb ji,

You're pretty late to the party. The very sign that it's caught your fancy too is evidence.

Pickup any stock with chemicals in its name and it's already a multi-bagger.

Kanoria Chemical had some action last week and may catch-up with the theme.

When the markets are pricing commodity stocks at 20-30x earnings, I wouldn't buy.

Serving hot - sugar, paper, tyre, cement, auto ancillary

kharb likes this.
  7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

You are right as always, but I am still trying to find out if any juice left anywhere. I had few shares of one company called Modi alkali which was closed decades back and delisted. Physical certificates of that were lying in my old bags. I have habit of checking after one year if any of many De listed stocks are back in action, which I have in kgs, happy to see that stock now named Lord Chloro chemicals trading at 50 and showing good quarterly proftis.So by default I have small slice of party now gong on, but yes missed the bigger story as rightly missed out. Partly I blame myself, as being an engineering back ground don't have idea of chemicals and partly would love to blame your absence also for that as you might have timely forced my attention to ongoing party.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    w4wealth likes this.
  8. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Sold Kanoria Chemicals after holding it for 6-7 months, and missed this rally! Kicking myself for it.

9. vij

vij Member

Consider Vikas Ecotech @kharb

krish123 likes this.
  10. om sangani

om sangani New Member

i dunno if GSFC falls exactly in same category. But ya seems very attractive at this value. I am invested since Rs 74 and expect it to go much further.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  11. Farhan Ghumra

Farhan Ghumra Active Member

I also recently entered in gsfc and shree pushkar chem with small amount and regretting badly for missing chemical and paper stock rally. Also it was too painful by seeing biocon, jubilant life science and dishaman with 90+% returns in my watchlist.

12. Gauravcham

Gauravcham New Member

Kiri has lot of juice still left in it. Vikas eco is another interesting story unfolding. I see both these company to grow significantly from current levels.

krish123 likes this.
  13. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

Kharb ji,

While I appreciate you considering my response, I am terribly wrong at times - like not buying the February fall and sticking to cash.

By the way, I'm a commerce graduate & a PG dropout, so you must consider my inputs in perspective because I don't understand chemistry or chemicals (wonder if I actually understand accounts either).

I'm glad about you getting some value for what was scrap until a while ago. If you can take the trouble and try to find out name changes and other corporate information, maybe you'll have some more finds from that pile of scrap.

PS: GSFC & the likes are primarily a fertilisers company and not a chemicals company. FY 15-16 turnover 71.07% fertilisers and 28.93% chemicals.

Vijaya Dashami & Dashahara greetings to you and fellow members!

14. saturn

saturn Member

@BombayBoy ji , Who isnt terribly wrong at times? But whats important is that some admit and others only tag earlier posts/writeups which result in profits

15. aamir.khan

aamir.khan New Member

you can check omkar speciality chemicals too..

16. krish123

krish123 Member

bodal chemicals is fundamentaly very strong stock and now also after getting enviormental clearance for their one plant, expectaions of crude lying low it becomes good bet

17. Ajay Hooda

Ajay Hooda New Member

Kiri Industries current value is among the cheapest plus owns equity worth 1500 cr with JV Longsheng . Is why consolidated EPS is very high . @AlphaStreetIn #AlphaStreetView

18. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Akshar Chem....

19. Ajay Hooda

Ajay Hooda New Member

Akshar Chem is good too sister concern of Asahi Songwon . Went up as was recommended by Kotak . Vikas Ecotec , Ester Industries , Shree Pushkar , Omkar Speciality , Himadri too deserve a look . @AlphaStreetIn #AlphaStreetView

20. Manmohan Gupta

Manmohan Gupta Member

Akshar chem almost in lower circuit.
    What is the reason for such a drastic fall?
    Is the long term trend intact.?