reliance Comm and Reliance Cap are shooting down :(

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Srouta Mukherjee, May 29, 2017.

1. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

sir, I m recent convert to BILL MILLER. He does not fret about if stock is undervalued or overvalued.He is focussed on value. Same thought process I adopted and baught Rel Cap..

kharb likes this.
  2. shakti khanduri

Following the same thought process I baught Rel Infra also with the connviction that younger brother has to prove himself.In my view Anil Ambani is more dynamic out f two and is looking for new opportunities.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  3. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

We all know your love for Ambani's and Gandhi's is like a mother's lover for her child. Won't take this away from you. Wasn't it their love for each other (or was it their mutual lust for money) that saw the rise of RIL

But I would certainly like to know JUST ONE SO CALLED INNOVATIVE FINANCIAL PRODUCT less heard of in the west used by Reliance ( probably a product of Anil's financial genius) and also which INDIAN BANK / FI structured it

This would be truly educative to all who know for a fact that Indian financial markets are years if not decades behind the developed markets (West) in terms of financial products, derivatives, structuring and financing innovation

4. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

I didn't know that in family controlled businesses, kids join it only because the parents know there is bright future.

Certainly wasn't the criteria why i, my cousin's and all my friends jumped into their respective families business interests.

Anil Ambani out to prove himself or his mettle - well he is left with no choice but to correct his recklessness and past misadventures - probably a result of a belief that because his father inducted him in the business his future was bright.

5. shakti khanduri

@ Mr starry_eyes and Mr @ kharb Without having any intention of getting dragged into the intellectual duel of you two giants, I infer that you somehow approve of my thinking on ANIL AMBANI.

6. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Anil Ambani or Bill Millar

7. shakti khanduri

I try to learn from BILL MILLER- how to think.

8. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Beautiful, serene, quiet surroundings like the hills of HP or backwaters of Kerala is what helps me unclutter my thinking!!!

9. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I knew your question coming in advance .RIL was first to convince Indian Govt about Convertible debentures,NCD,Paritaly Optionally Convertible debentures and hit market six time with these type of products.More over RIL was first to introduce Syndicated Bullet Bond in Europe,it was among very few compnies which hit very long duration 20 years and 30 years Bonds in US market .These were brain child of Anil Ambani who worked with best of world financial who's who ,when many present financial market hero's were learning abc of finance.But I know his recent failure has taken away shine from him,but no body can take away his financial knowledge.I see Rel Capital as Financial Power house of India in future.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    wild_hipman and shakti khanduri like this.
  10. shakti khanduri

Impressed. Very interesting and educative discourse between two GURUs in incognito.Dicussions at new level,very rarely found in this forum.

11. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

If you had anticipated my question in advance then you ought to have provided the right answer. I guess you anticipated something which I didn't ask.

What I wished to know was financial instruments LESS HEARD OF EVEN IN THE WEST at those times and INDIAN BANKS/FI which structured these products. Products less heard in the west would mean some unique Indian financing structure right.

What you list were common products in the developed US/European markets and these weren't first executed by Reliance there. Probably clouded by mother's love you equated the first Indian company using such products to be the first company worldwide using it first.

Further don't your googled articles actually credit Ambani Sr for the products you mention - whether it's the Rediff or BUsiness Standard one.

Ofcourse credit is due to him for the 100 year Yankee Bond and RIL's GDR issuances. Other international bond and convertibles though a first by an Indian Company weren't earth shattering,

One of the two brothers had to do it....(handling the financing aspect) Who knows if Mukesh was tasked this he may have done better. Maybe it was simply the educational backgrounds that split the tasks - with Anil leading the financing and Mukesh the backward integration.

But competence and expertise are both which can never be taken away from someone nor can someone loose it. Wonder where his financial wizardry disappeared when he was given independent charge of businesses

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  12. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

It's more like David vs Goliath and not two GURUS

13. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

14. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Same trend seen in the respective businesses

15. shakti khanduri

Sir,I still hold my view on Rel Cap and Rel Infra although imperfect understanding is a human condltion as SOROS has been repeatedly saying.

16. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Oh... No worries. Never believe in pushing my recommendations or getting people to change their beliefs about a stock. Everybody is welcome to his/her thinking or views

Precisely the reason you won't see long and often repetitive post about any stock from me atleast.

shakti khanduri likes this.
  17. shakti khanduri

That shows how broadminded you are--inkeeping with my expection.Thanks

18. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Broadminded with just one vested interest - make money for myself

19. shakti khanduri

Beyond my comprehension!

20. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member