Political Space wide open after nail bite finish in Gujrat, Consumers stocks are best defence.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Dec 20, 2017.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

TIGHT FINISH in Gujrat election has indicated that political scene in five assembly elections in 2018 and post 2019 is still open specially when Modi factor could not ensure win in even local seat of Modi home town Vadnagar, where BJP four time seating MLA lost in a show down between Rahul Gandhi and Modi. Although Modi still stands chance in 2019,but I as invester would not like to take chance with hard earned money and would like to ride 1.3 Billion strong Great Indian Consumers who will continue to spend irrespective of political fall out. Smaller companies over priced stocks may start coming under pressure from second half of 2018 due to political uncertainty but bigger consumer centric mid cap and large cap stock may continue their upwards journey in long run with many jerks in between . This is no recommendation to buy or sell but my personal views for discussion in this forum.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

Last time Rohit Sharma scored 264 against Srilanka and this time managed to get only 208, OMG this is begining of end of Rohit Sharma. I am already shitting bricks!!!!!!

Rohit Sharma must retire, he is looser now.

Better performance by Lankan bowlers. Moral victory for Sri Lanka.

Any similarity of this with Congress state of affairs and their Gujarat debacle is your figment of imagination.

shakti khanduri likes this.
  3. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

An INTERESTING analogy.

4. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

Sir ,your assessment does not appear to be unbiased& objective.How can you,being a long term investor, focus on short term pains and ignore long term gains for Indian Economy, by the radical steps taken by Modi Govt ?In addition, you are also overlooking anti incumbency factor which works against ruling govt.Do you honestly mean to suggest that Cong led parties could have provided better alternative? And I am sure dissatisfaction shown by farmers will lead to introspection for further reforms keeping in view rural areas.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    hariohm151 likes this.
  5. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

@kharb

Don't want to risk your hard earned money huh???

Thank you for accepting that even a rarest possibility of BJP loosing 2019 will be disastrous - immediately reflected by stock market collapse ( which in effect is a reflection of future economic outlook and investor confidence in the economic future).

This tacit acknowledgement coming from a Gandhi bhakts ( I mean Rahul/Sonia) is indeed an all time classic.

And I hope you are watching the pyaar ke language continued to be used by the Rahul new found friends and aligned Acharyas