Stocks are shooting down heavy loss is there

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Srouta Mukherjee, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Stocks are shooting down heavy loss is there

Portfolio is down 3% with massive loss in stocks :(

Hopeless budget of Jaitley :(

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Loss has gone up evenmore now it is 4.27% loss :( Jaitley is reason for huge loos.

3. Srouta Mukherjee

Many stocks in portfolio down 12%, 8%, 10%. No limit to loss.

4. Srouta Mukherjee

No capital gains is there hoew anyone can pay tax? How long selling will continue? I think it will go till 31st March because everyone want to sell the stock and book capital gain before new tax.

5. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@kharb ,Sir what should be strategy in the present scenario. Do you suggest squaring up the present position? What has been your experience , since you are an experienced ,battle hardened investor?If yes, then what do we understand by long term investing.? Don't you feel that market is over reacting on LTCG? On my part, I intend to remain invested as I don't understand that fundamentals has changed. LTCG or NO LTCG, my perspective of investing remains unchanged ; long term big picture view.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  6. shakti khanduri

@Srouta Mukherjee ,I understand patience and conviction in your investment thesis are two essentials of successful investment strategy.Kindly don't panic.In short term,market does become highly irrational some time.

7. G_One

G_One Member

Srouta ji, this is temporary, people are in panic. They will realize over weekend that only profits after jan 31 will be taxed, and Monday should be hopefully normal. I feel that it is a one day event. I have bought TBH today, and plan to add if market dips further.

As someone said, jan 31st highs will serve as resistance till 31 March and people holding from lomg duration will sell, if they want to avoid paying 10% if prices go up.

G1

8. Srouta Mukherjee

100% agreed with view.

9. Srouta Mukherjee

100% agreed. Best time to buy. I also bought little to average :)

10. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

This is NOT ONE DAY EVENT, Something big has changed and VERY SERIOUS ISSUE. Now onwards if you have 20 Stocks on average in your portfolio 5% each, 2 out of your 20 stocks will work for Modi Govt, and only 18 will generate return for you assuming all stocks give avg same return . This is a Big Loot, Earlier Modi Govt was selling stocks of PSUs(for its useless national wastage schemes like MANREGA) built by earlier Govts, now as this is coming to end as in many PSU Govt holding is coming down near 51%., now Modi Govt has made right on 10% of every one's portfolio with Zero investment.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  11. shakti khanduri

I also feel it is not one day affair, but it will last for very brief period with less intensity .as the global and local effects will get gradually priced in. I see no reason to feel scared if vision is long term.

12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

What A POOR DEFENCE OF A THIRD CLASS BLOOD BATH MAKING BUDGET Of JAITLEY, WHO WILL HAND OVER MODI DEFINITELY A KETLEY IN 2019 .At the opening only three Sensex stock were holding rest in Red, in Midcap index only two holding rest in deep red. Small Cap index 100% stocks in Deep Red. Is it a one day event.?Is it all OK on Monday? India has underperformed Global index recently but leading in Carnage in Sell off due to THIRD CLASS BUDGET WITH HEAVY DOSES OF TAX TO MIDDLE CLASS, WHO WILL HAVE TO PAY THROUGH THEIR NOSE. What a Useless handling of Indian Economy.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Biju likes this.
  13. G_One

G_One Member

1, stop shouting and learn some etiquette.
    2. I wrote what I felt
    3. Who am I to defend actions of others

My response was no way related to you or to your post, if I were to know ehat would happen I wouldn't be here replying to you, rather you would be posting in a fan forum made in my name. So I am done with you, I had some respect for you but I dont think you are someone who deserves any.

G1

14. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

This is what ultimately Every Andh Bhakt do to Govt Criticism,with additional pain of huge losses. I have nothing to do with Fool Forum made by any one in his name . At the same time I doubt you know meaning of etiquette or respect.

Biju likes this.
  15. G_One

G_One Member

I can only sympathize about your upbringing and the ones that have to bear you.

G1

16. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Same to you .

Biju likes this.
  17. shakti khanduri

@ Mr kharb ,@ Mr G_One . My suggesetion --Let us conclude the discussion as it has turned unproductive and focus on our own strategy.

kharb, G_One and Meenakshi Razdan like this.
  18. G_One

G_One Member

I dont have a problem with a discussion or counter argument, but looks like Mr Kharb has to turn into name calling rather than discuss whats at hand. No where I have proclaimed myself as bhakt nor have I gotten into personal wordings. However Mr kharb has called me an andh bhakt and a fool (posts edited but I have the email notifications with exact posts) which is not what a so called senior member should be doing in a public forum.

G1

19. shakti khanduri

Kindly keep cool ! This is the testing time to see how effectively can we control our emotions, which ,in my view , is prerequisite of successful long term investing

G_One and Meenakshi Razdan like this.
  20. Srouta Mukherjee

Better to buy on dips blue chip companies like Dewan Housing, L&T Housing Finance, other stocks. Such opportunities are available rarely IMHO.