quest for compounders

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by shakti khanduri, May 26, 2018.

1. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

I am not knowledgeable investor but just a learner. with more than ten years experience.Whatever I have learned,it is from books. I have experimented with many strategies. I have been lucky to have many multibaggers but have commited many stupid mistakes also and have lost quite good amount of money yet I am satisfied with what ever I have retained. The conclusion I have reached is for wealth creation one needs to hang on to quality stocks for long term for compounding effect ,even if it it is bought not at undervaluation level. As a matter of fact market will always give premium valuation to good quality stock. With hesitation ,I submit that I have had more than 80 times ( at one time it it was almost at 90 times )price appreciation in Gruh finance in about Ten years ,and abut seven times in Pidilite in about seven years- both bought at very elevated valuation but with conviction. I have been lucky in some other selections also. Holding quality stock for Long term ,for compounding effect ,patiently is one mantra which helps in creating serious wealth--it has been my experience. What has been other members experiences?Kindly give your inputs also for every ones benefit.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. marrakesh

marrakesh New Member

I agree with you 100%. HDFC Bank, HDFC Ltd, Asian Paints, Gruh Finance, Pidilite and TCS bought at high valuations have been in my portfolio for eight to ten years. Holding quality stocks for long term will multiply your wealth at a reasonable rate constantly and more important minimize the chances of sustaining a loss. The above six are steady compounding machines which form the bulk of my portfolio.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  3. adi16

adi16 Member

4. shakti khanduri

Good selection!! In my opinion Solar Industries could prove to b a wealth compounder.Oligopoly business, quite good prospects, long run way ahead, but outlook should be long term of 8 to 10 years with out being panicked by short term volatility. P. S. I request all long term oriented investors to come forward with their opinions.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    adi16 and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  5. shakti khanduri

Another company drawing my attention is Va Tech which could prove to be a wealth compounder in the long term. I am not invested but intend to study it further. Kindly respond. @ Mr kharb, you being, in my knowledge senior most investor of the forum,kindly take the lead in guiding us in discussions to form our independent thesis.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  6. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I read research report on Solar Industry.

Entry barrier is there because license for Explosives business is not given by Government.

So moat is there for stock from competition.

Stock is a good buy IMHO.

adi16 likes this.
  7. adi16

adi16 Member

Thanks guys. I had bought very small quantity earlier but will plan to increase in coming months. A very long term bet and soling compounder.