Consumer Durables companies

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by G_One, Jul 9, 2016.

1. G_One

G_One Member

Hi All

I want to add 1 FMCG company to my long term portfolio, but I am confused and would need help in chosing one out of HUL, Dabur, Colgate, Britannia and P&G . Your thoughts will be really helpful.

Cheers
    G1

2. Gautam

Gautam Member

I would go with Britannia or Dabur considering their future growth prospects

w4wealth and G_One like this.
  3. krish123

krish123 Member

britania best in lot with strong fundamental

4. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Why not HUL?

5. Equilogic

Equilogic New Member

These are all consumer non-durables (or Fast Moving Consumer Goods - FMCG), not consumer durables. Consumer durables examples are Voltas, Whirlpool, Hitachi Home Appliances etc.

6. starry_eyes

starry_eyes Member

Sorry but don't understand the relevance of your post.

Nobody was talking about the likes of Voltas etc.

The discussion was which from the likes of HUL, Britannia etc should one invest in. Somebody mentioned Britannia and I have asked why not HUL

7. BKJ

BKJ New Member

The header refers to consumer durable companies and the discussion is about FMCG, so there are diverse opinions. For FMCG, I am invested in Manpasand and Tata Coffee. Manapasand is growing at 40-50% CAGR and is owned by many big institutions. This is significant considering the relatively smaller size at present.

Tata Coffee is kind of undervalued, considering the assets it owns, brand value it has and also the growth potential. A PE of 15 is just ridiculous for this kind of company when we compare to most of other FMCG companies which trade at 40 or higher.

I am betting on both of these to be at least two bagger in less than two years.

8. Farhan Ghumra

Farhan Ghumra Active Member

For FMCG go for Future Consumer. It has got lot of brands and tie ups with international brands. Mr. Biyani is releasing pledged shares increasingly.

In CD space you may go for bluestar or voltas. Still AC penetration is low in India.

saashy likes this.
  9. Rk Menon

Rk Menon New Member