PCJ vis a vis vaibhav

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by shakti khanduri, Nov 2, 2015.

1. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

kindly throw some light on PCJ vis a vis VAIBHAV from investment perspective.

2. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

just from the business perspective, PCJ - domestic market play & Vaibhav Global - international markets & e-commerce (already has investment from value investors & considered a business with good moat)

in its erstwhile avatar, Vaibhav Gems wasn't really a good one, but it has come good with the lessons learnt

3. shakti khanduri

But it is also reported that PCJ also intends to include online retail in it's business model.

4. BombayBoy

PCJ, Gitanjali, TBZ, Tanishq (Titan Inds), you name it and every jeweler has a presence online now and they all want a share of our wallets. They're either doing it thru their own portal and/or thru leading e-commerce sites (flipkart, Amazon, snapdeal) Then there are specific sites like bluestone, caratlane, jewelsouk, etc.

I think there's a clear differentiation between PCJ & Vaibhav though, the former with brick & mortar retail stores looking at online, while the later selling only through web & teleshopping.

PCJ already has https://www.wearyourshine.com/ for e-tailing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  5. shakti khanduri

@BombayBoy -It appears you will select Vaibhav if you decide to invest in this sector,PCJ appeals to me more because of more dynamic management(in my view).I will appreciate other's views also.

6. BombayBoy

nah, if my posts are coming thru with a bias towards Vaibhav, maybe it is because i don't really appreciate the jewelry business (single digit NPMs, commodity, competition)

been looking at Rajesh Exports - YTD 330% gains and because of https://www.business-standard.com/a...i-for-400-million-in-cash-115072700218_1.html

"Valcambi produces gold and silver accredited with the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) and accepted worldwide. Its customers include nearly all central banks. For 2014, the Swiss refinery reported revenue of $38 billion (Rs 2,36,500 crore) and earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation of $33 million (Rs 205 crore). The zero-debt company paid about $10-million dividend to its shareholders."

was wondering whats wrong with Gitanjali Gems

7. gaurramesh45

gaurramesh45 New Member

both have own beauty,both are good but as on day vaibhav as i analyse has upper edge over pcj.//