Stock picks for New year 2016

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Dec 3, 2015.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

2015 is in its last month.So we need to think and prepare for 2016.Many stocks are over priced presently.So I want to bet on some under priced beaten down stock on path of recovery.My stock pick for New Year 2016 is Reliance Capital. This is grossly under priced stock due to mesh up of ADAG group.Only NBFC with such big scale businesd available below book value, with so many good business under its belt..Now ADAG group is taking right steps to come out of mesh it created for itself, I am positive on ADAG in general and in Reliance Capital in particular.I have discussed the stock in deatils many times in other threads.In my view it deserve to be a four digit stock in future and I hope for its catching up in long term.Many of NBFC of comparatively less fundamentals and less scale of business are quoting at higher prices. So in my view it may perform better now onwards.I own the stock and may buy further.This is not recommendation but for discussion.Dear members please mention your picks for New Year 2016 for discussion.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Super stock. My pick is TCI. The stock will shine due to GST and demerger value unlocking.

ANITHA and kharb like this.
  3. SUNNY

SUNNY Member

I am betting on Petronet LNG

kharb likes this.
  4. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

My pick for 2016 is DCB Bank after the massive correction. I think it should give good bounce back in coming 2-3 qrtrs

Soumen, Srouta Mukherjee and kharb like this.
  5. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I agree that stock has been uncessarily punished for talking expansion ,although it was overpriced at its 52 week high.So recovery is a possibility.Stock deserve to be in three digit.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  6. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

It should recover but a top pick for 2016 - hmmm i beg to differ. All the best for 2016

7. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

What is your top pick? Fiem Industries?

kharb likes this.
  8. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

,Yes Dear Sachin ,you provide your best alternative to his DCB or other choices of members.We know every body may have his different or a better choice.

9. whomiiitr@gmail.com

whomiiitr@gmail.com New Member

My 2016 picks are Anantraj, RSWM. Expect them to give a return in range of 50-100%.

w4wealth and kharb like this.
  10. satnam malhotra

satnam malhotra New Member

my better picks are fiem industries and sadbhav engineering , may be 100 % return in 2016

kharb likes this.
  11. Sachin pathak

I dont follow any fixed 12 month cycle. Will post any new interesting opportunities ( with a 12 month horizon) i identify. No worries on that front.

BOSCH though has caught my attention at these levels and will soon take a look at it.

12. Sachin pathak

Do you feel you have missed out on FIEM?

13. Sachin pathak

FIEM - 100% return : may this have been said at the 'moment of truth' for its a stock i have a thread on. Dont you think Doubling may require it catching the fancy of the biggies and which doesnt seem to have happened still?

14. Parin Gala

The reason I choose DCB Bank is because nothing has changed fundamentally. It is the same bank which was "attractive" to many analysts at 150 levels and considered a "potential 100 bagger" by a reputed brokerage house. The management has now re-assured that they will not make reckless expansion. The management has proved its ability over the last many years. So I guess the stock is punished quite severely and sense may prevail among investors after a couple of quarterly results.

kharb likes this.
  15. Sachin pathak

Potential 100 bagger - correct me if i am wrong means a price of 8000/- (at current price levels and 15,000/- at 150 levels). What the time frame for this to happen? Has the reputed brokerage house mentioned this too....

16. Parin Gala

Long term investors think about the direction. Not about time. To keep time frame is the work of traders. Its pure common sense that to reach 100 times a stock requires lots of years. I guess that's why the brokerage house has not specified time frame.

w4wealth likes this.
  17. Sachin pathak

Brokerage houses dont specify time frames because they themselves dont know and their bloody guess is as good as that of my uneducated gardener.

And without a time frame the whole investment approach borders on absurdity.... Surely i dont want a 100 bagger over 40 years from now.

But each is welcome to his/her investment approach.

18. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

When stock was recommended by Motilal oswal brokerage, it was well below 100 ,may be it was around 88 .After that stock went up sharply to fall again.I still think stock may outperform market in long term .

19. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

i'd rather invest in bonds then, bonds with sovereign backing

"In the long run we are all dead." - John Maynard Keynes

20. Sachin pathak

Did the management actually say this which implies that the branch expansion was ill conceived and fickle. Speaks volumes about the quality of management then. Was actually appalled at their utter lack of conviction when they quickly backtracked their expansion plans just because the stock price corrected to account for the SHORT TERM profitability impact. Guess the perceived high quality management are a bunch of traders not interested in creating investor wealth over longer periods of time. Who knows the amounts made by them in the manufactured crash.

I wouldnt waste a dime on a bunch of jokers (DCB management) when common sense dictates that for a bank like DCB, branch expansion and investment in technology are key to their survival