Stock picks for New year 2016

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Outperforming markets in long terms doesnt make a stock a multibagger. Outperforming by a huge margin is what makes it one. So for me a 100% return in one year ( when index returms 20-22%) is a multibagger investment

2. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Yes it will not fall under your defination.This is definitely not a fire cracker stock.Yes it may deliver around CAGR of 20% for long period till it become big mid cap stock.Dear Sachin there are many investers who would like to invest in stocks which can outperform stock market for long may be 10 years or more. If market gives 15% and some stock is expected to give 20%,for many investers it may be attractive.But for 20 20 players,test match definitely will look like a bore place.

3. Sachin pathak

Thats being realistic

4. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

If you don't believe in the concept of multibaggers keep your theory to yourself. Don't force others to stop beleiving in the concept of multibaggers.

5. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

@Parin Gala i also think DCB should be a 100 bagger .

6. Parin Gala

I think the admin should seriously take a look at some messages which Mr Sachin Pathak has posted (provided he does not delete them) and decide whether his statements match the intended purpose of this forum.
    I guess the objective of this forum is to encourage discussion. Discussion is possible only with expression of opinions. But if there is one person pulling legs and targetting any and every person expressing opinion how can discussion take place.? New members will stop writing about their fav stocks and expressing opinion out of the fear of being ridiculed and insulted. As I mentioned earlier this is nothing less than ragging.
    He describes the management of a company as a bunch of jokers. And a leading brokerage house as being like his uneducated gardener. How can one think of having a healthy diacussion with such unruly members around.
    Request the admin to kindly intervene and restore the dignity of this forum.

Regards.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  7. Sachin pathak

Agree completely..... But then the stocks arent multibaggers which such investors make them out to be. They are simple, easy to identify fundamentally strong companies with realistic valuations already

8. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Parin Gala,Take all discussions positively, picture is never complete without divergent views.We all members don't contradict,but our combined wisdom takes us towards perfection. More over I appreciate that ,Dear Sachin was rightly cautious on IDFC bank in a exactly similar discussion with me..If some body gives his input against our thinking,he is giving us what we might have missed.

9. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

All dear friends,All of you are realy good ,informed investers and more over very nice people.Please accept,respect and love each other ,as we are.If we will try to change others or ourselves, we may end up being same and boring.Please keep on sharing your views ,divergent views will only show us the right and complete picture.To act or not to act on other advice is purely our right and no body can force us.Listening and benefitting from others views is sole purpose of discussion,other wise every body know his own view.

10. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Sachin ,I would like to differ.Most of successful people in world are nice people.Politeness and nice behaviour does not stop us from thinking logicaly, rationally.I am presently going through many such literatur. I have started believing like that.We can be more successful by becoming Go Givers.With due respect to all views, I would still advice to practice this .Just give one year 2016 to this idea. I am sure you will be happy and successful both.With your suggested way ,only you will be working for your success. If you will be nice ,polite and go giver. Lot of other people not reporting to you ,will be working for your success. Even persons reporting to you may also work more for your success.But I have already suggested to accept people ,as they are.So I would love to have different thinking people around me.You are good and would remain so to me in all time to come.We all are in search of happiness ,and we work for success to be happy.After being polite and nice,I am sure all of us will be happy,even if we fail some time.There will be people around us to make us happy even in moments of failure.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    dineshkapoor27 likes this.
  11. Parin Gala

So according to Mr Sachin you have to be rude ruthless shameless insulting and disrespectful to be a successful investor. Interesting. If every person here follows this principle it would be interesting to see what kind of discussions take place here. Instead of moderators policemen would be required to moderate discussions

12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Parin Gala,Take it easy.It is discussion and expression of views.Please always concentrate on intent of the subject,we may have not chose the best words.None of us are big motivation writer here.Both of you are very good human beings just differing on a stock.Both of you are right,stock moved to 150 on thinking of persons like you and me and has gone down with thinking of persons like Dear Sachin.Price movement of up and down, just show the divergent views of people in market.Who is right will be proved not by our discussion or views, but act and performance of the managemet of DCB,and we all know we have no role there.Let the Managemt of DCB bank and market decide the issue.We need to shift discussion to other stocks also.We have given enough time to DCB.We should Now wait for performance of DCB for few quarters to freshly start the debate,Who predicted right and there are no wrongs,as we are not astrologers.Divergent views helps us in better decision.On our job if our team comes out with only one option,I always advice them to go and think again.If we have thought of only one view or option,chance of going wrong or not chosing the best option increases .We can chose the best only after analysing the divergent views/options. .

Karthikeyan and shakti khanduri like this.
  13. Parin Gala

Kharb I agree that he is expressing his views but he can do that politely. Being blunt and rude for no reason is not acceptable. This post is about sharing your fav stock for 2016. So everyone has a right to share his pick. Chasing those members and ridiculing them is it right? No one would share his opinion that way for the fear of being ridiculed.
    And if he is so smart why doesn't he share his time bound calls here. He calls the brokerage house "uneducated gardener" for sharing opinion without time frame why doesnt he share his calls with clear target and time frame. If he cant then he has no right to pass comments on other brokerage houses for recommending stocks. Waiting for his time bound calls with clear target. Let's see what his worth is.

14. add_ajay

add_ajay New Member

Basant Agro can be potential multibagger from current level of 7 rs , seed Division value unlocking will take this stock to new highs. Lower side risk is less & upside is higher . Patience required , strict avoid for Short term & traders . May be in future this will be potential take over Business ..who knows :) . Risk : Current farming cycles are affected by poor rain fall , And debt on same company . But genuine promoters .. Let us see how it goes .

w4wealth likes this.
  15. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

SIR, THIS IS WISDOM ,VERY WELL EXPAINED!!!

16. w4wealth

chill guys . dont take everything so serious. cool

17. w4wealth

@Sachin pathak which is your top pick ?

18. w4wealth

@Parin Gala yes you are right.Even rakesh jhunjhunwala has not been keeping time frame for achieving multibagger returns. Keeping time frame is almost not practical and even if you keep time frame it may not work.

19. w4wealth

@Sachin pathak yes 8000 for DCB is possible. But it will take quite time say 10-30 years.
    i may be wrong also .

20. Parin Gala

Whether it becomes 100 bagger or not time will tell. But is it a sin to discuss it? Motilal Oswal (Ramdeo Agarwal) is a reputed broking firm having identified many good picks earlier. They have identified it as a potential 100 bagger in a report. If a person does not agree with their analysis its OK. But what's the point of insulting those who are discussing it?