Stock picks for New year 2016

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Dec 3, 2015.

1. add_ajay

add_ajay New Member

Let us be practical guys , 8000 , 800 ... both are not possible in my personal opinion , many challenges to banking business ahead in future + global & economical on finance sectors . Personally i dont prefer Banking , aviation sector for next 10 years view. no offense , just personal view , I may bewrong in prediction as well being human ..::)

2. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

I feel that not many people are focusing on the media/entertainment sector. Its a sector thats growing fast, and with the advent of faster/cheaper data access across the landmass and ever growing presence of India content across the world, I feel we would see media/entertainment/advertising stocks to become multibaggers (or giving much more returns than nifty) in the next year. 4G and cheaper 3G rates and penetrations, free wifi, smart cities and increasing consumer discretionary spending should do wonders. I like microcaps like Pressman Advertising (already run up a lot though), Eros (yes. All said and done it is the biggest listed player of bollywood content) and shemaroo.

w4wealth, Srouta Mukherjee and kharb like this.
  3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

100% Agreed. I think TV Today is best stock. Good management, good channel, good valuation. Debt free also. No risk high gain stock.

4. Vin Bag

Vin Bag New Member

TV Today is a great stock. I had bought it at Rs 55 in May 2012. It is the best performing stock in my portfolio in absolute terms.

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Congrats. You have 400% gain in 3 years. What other stocks you have in portfolio? Any more big winners like TV Today? Any Pharma stocks in portfolio?

6. Vin Bag

Vin Bag New Member

I have Apollo Hospitals, which I bought in 2010 for Rs 275.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  7. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

i'm in with a high risk all or nothing trade for 2016 with Amtek Auto & Castex Tech

8. Srouta Mukherjee

Dangerous situation? Why this is so? How much % of portfolio you are allocating to this strategy?

9. BombayBoy

the investment is precisely for this situation - they've assets to sale and pay off the debts and if the core business has no problems apart from the debt, see a turnaround

i/we are small investors - will go in like 500 shares of Amtek Auto & 1000 shares of Castex Tech
    % of portfolio - a lot of churning and no significant long term holdings for the time being, i'd say like 10%

10. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

Have you already baught AMTEK AUTO ?At what price?

11. BombayBoy

not fully but 100 each @ 44 & 22
    will add depending on market conditions and liquidity

12. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

I am your follower at 30

13. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Dont need to sound defensive.... If media is going to be a game changer ( for the good), banking also will be one (downhill). Wonder if people in here even have an inkling of how the regulatory framework for banks is changing imposing restrictions etc. Then add to this regulatory costs the india specific looming competition from payment banks and small lending banks.

Tata's tend to have their share of strategies going wrong. But wise of them to withdraw their banking licence

14. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Relince Capital my stock pick for new year started new year 2016 on a good note.Can its grossly under priced factor at the time of over priced NBFC space and market can push it in big league again, only time will tell.This is just for discussion and in no way any of my post are recommendation of the stock .I generally post what I think at the time of posting and can change my view like any other human being at any time and may also fail to post the changed view .I hold the stock.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  15. Fun_Da_Mentalist

Fun_Da_Mentalist Active Member

I don't really understand the logic of picking stocks for a calendar year. Seems to beat the logic of long term investing. That said, my preferred stocks ( based on potential and based on my personal detailed understanding of the business ) continue to be : Reliance Industries Ltd, Infosys, IDFC Bank, Shilpa Medicare, Granules India, Kitex Garments, Camlin Fine Sciences

Srouta Mukherjee and w4wealth like this.
  16. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

@Fun_Da_Mentalist invest in what you know is one of the good investment strategies to follow. i liked your picks especially shilpa , granules, camlin fine and kitex and idfc bank.

17. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am still optimistic on Reliance Capital.Stock will outperform market by wide margin ,but when is any body guess.Nippon of Japan has taken stake in many business of the company.Sumitumo has also stake in company. I am hopeful of its going to four digit with in next five years .

18. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

DCB Bank [Investor Presentation Q4 FY 2015-16 (April 15 2016) ]

https://www.dcbbank.com/pdfs/Investor_Presentation_Q4_FY2015-16_15_Apr_2016.pdf

kharb likes this.
  19. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Almost all stocks in NBFC sector has minted money,I expect Big Financial Power House Stock Relince Capital to out perform this year ,as it is grossly under priced and available below price book .Company has business like Reliance mutual fund,Relince Gen insurance ,Relince Health insurance,Relince commercial Finiance including SME lending and Housing Finince portfolio.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016