3IINFOTECH

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Raaz, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Raaz

Raaz Active Member

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on this stock? It has been in the news since the last few months for all the wrong reasons! Nevertheless, what I have read about it is not all bad, and I feel it might be worth risking...

Thanks

Raaz

2. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

@Raaz What exactly good you found about that company? It has been languishing not for months but for years now. It is sadly one of those companies that was promoted by ICICI and even till Dec 14 quarter almost 51% of the company is held by various banks and LIC but it has just been making losses.

3. Raaz

Raaz Active Member

Thanks Stockguru. I heard the news that 3i Infotech Ltd. is ranked 3rd under Technology category by Fortune India. Fortune India has declared “The First 500 Comprehensive Ranking Of Indias Mid-Sized Companies” in Jul, 2015. 3i Infotech Ltd. ranked 3rd under Technology category. Not much else other than rumours of a take-over by some IT giant.

Raaz

4. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

@Raaz Are you sure about that. I don't even think there was such a list. In the current issue of Forbes there is a Forbes India super 50 companies list and 3i infotech is nowhere in that list. In fact BSE has shifted 3i infotech to restricted T group segment with effect from July 7 2015.

5. Raaz

Raaz Active Member

No Sir, I am not at all sure. I just saw this posted by 3IInfo on their IinkdIn in page and assumed it to be authentic....

6. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

@Raaz My sincere apologies to you. I misread your sentence as Forbes India instead of Fortune India. Well as far as Fortune goes I really don't know, I haven't read or have subscription to that magazine.

7. Raaz

Raaz Active Member

No offense please...it can happen with any of us.....in fact I appreciate the trouble you take to reply to my queries...so please don't stop!

8. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Well fundamentally I can't see anything good in the company. Unless it manages a turnaround and makes profit one should really avoid it. However I am just talking about fundamentals here and nothing else. Besides small and uninformed investors should usually avoid the T group segment altogether.

9. Raaz

Raaz Active Member

Thanks Stockguru, will do.

Raaz