Chennai Floods may show negative impact on GDP or Not ?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA, Dec 4, 2015.

1. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Chennai Floods Effect badly on 50 Lakhs People in chennai , My view is
    Chennai floods may cause financial loss of over Approximately Rs 50,000 Cr.
    IT Industries , AUTO MOBILE Industries and textile effected badly , and IT companies and other companies also rethink on future safety in chennai .....

my question is is it Effect on GDP Growth or not please give your valuable opinions ....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source :
    Internet and
    https://www.thehindu.com/news/citie...ennai-life-still-difficult/article7948182.ece

2. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  3. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

yes , so many ATM Machines , Textile shops , Provision Shops ,Book shops , Telecommunication and Electricity supply damages , so many Scooters and So many Cars damaged in this floods and many more shops and houses damaged in Chennai

Government will give Estimation of loss correctly very soon ...

4. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Would there be any emerging opportunities post the dust settling (i mean waters receding)? car/two wheelers sales uptick due to replacement of damaged vehicles or anyother?

5. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

very huge number of two wheeler and 4 wheelers are damaged in flood water entered in to that and many of 4 wheelers are very costly more than 12 lakh worth and middle class persons how many effort to purchase again and again ,so many autos damaged those are taken in bank loans , people purchase 2 wheelers again in short term is the million dollar question because they individually affect huge lose in this floods , and more over Auto mobile manufacturing companies are like Eicher , Ashok Leyland , TVS motor , and other ancillaries manufacturing companies units , Electronic products manufacturing units are shout down due to flood and most of the machines and inventory are damaged most of the cars are purchased in bank loans , is it a person take refinance and purchase cars is big question ... and in my view around 1000 ATM centers are totally in flood water in last 7 to 8 days and 100 Cr.to 200 crores approx. cash may be damaged and so many xerox shops , textile shops , provision shops , internet centers , Hotels medium and small , medical shops ,so many book shops , Agriculture processing units , TV , Electonic equipments damaged , in house using , so many banks still in water m so many computers and valuable documents and cash may be damaged , mainly crores of raw material damaged in chennai based industries mainly IT Companies like TCS ,INFOSYS , WIPRO ,HCL Technologies are worst effected so they want to shift their units to near state Andhra pradesh "TIRUPATI " no risk of flood area and having good infrastructure and Airport facility and nearer to chennai and bangalore ... that is main news in news papers like EENADU NEWS PAPER today ....

so many persons they are not in insurgence for that ..... because people are think insurance for shop is waste expense so damage to middle class is heavy , they may be recover in next 2 - 3 years ...

cleaning process will take nearly 2 to 3 months ....
    in my view some companies may get insurance for their loss , but what about insurance companies they may be loose profits and it is also effect on people life again they are increase insurance premium in next policies .....

in my view around 2 to 3 lakh crore rupees may be damaged in this flood still water is not receding in chennai....

in my view companies may get insurance , generally they may take insurance to raw material and inventory but my question is insurance companies may get huge loss for this effect ...it is reflecting again in central government and next 2 - 3 years tax collection is also decrees

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  6. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Sir these are very shocking pictures. I am very shocked. I pray for welfare and goodwill of the poor people of Chennai. It is big tragedy :( All Chennai cos will be badly affected by crises.

7. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

So sad to see this pictures. Hope better management of the crisis gives relieves to chennai people.
    I think insurance companies will be hit badly by this event mainly auto and property insurers.

8. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

yes sir , you are a kind Hearted person , thank you very much sir .
    But it is a costly lesson to all indians , because total 600 water tanks in catchment areas are occupied by people , and local state government neglect that issue and regularizes that occupations due to political weakness
    so there is no proper out system for water .... that is the main cause ...and main point is chennai city is low level comparatively to sea level so drainage water is not absorb in bay of Bengal ..and there is a chance of flood from sea also .... so Indian companies may establish their future expansions in other than sea costs
    is right choice .....

9. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

So Sad Chennai ....

[​IMG]

10. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

I am from Chennai....experienced worst last 4 days...managed to come out of Chennai by Saturday. so sad for all the people of Chennai...

11. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@Ravikumar ji ,
    Behalf of RJ Forum , we are all expressing our sadness about our beautiful City Chennai ...
    It will give very much impact on Indian GDP and next quarterly results ....
    some of my relatives are suffering in floods at Chennai ...

All Indians are with Tamilnadu state , Andhra Pradesh state government immediately
    supply Milk , Water , Food and cloths full of Indian 2 Naval ships from visakhapatnam to chennai ....

May God Bless chennai People and we pray for speedy recovery from Flood ....

12. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

Thanks a lot Rama Murthy Ji....All the kind hearts are helping and praying for us. I am sure that Chennai will fight and come out of this. Atleast Govt will take steps in planning the city going forward.

13. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

state government should take necessary steps to improve Drainage system and take strict action against Water Tanks Occupations and Foot path occupations ....

14. prashant

prashant Active Member

Dear Rama murthy Sir,
    your assessment about damage is absolutely correct .
    Damage is unbelievable in entire Chennai and around . Lot of friends told, they got their car from garage after first flood and second one again damaged everything in house .

IT companies has huge damage in terms of equipments, infrastructure, legal contracts etc .
    Auto industry also faced huge damage . I have been in chennai almost 10 years and has lot of close friends there, every one has horror stories to tell .

Already half of India has drought , recent rains in maharashtra damaged crops , now Tamilnadu fury .

Entire velachery used to be lake and 90% pallikarani marsh land is destroyed . All IT Companies you mentioned are built completely on marsh land by land grabbing, so nature showed once again what we peoples are destroying .

Hope all state governments take right steps to protect cities like Chennai and Bangalore .

Regards,
    Prashant

15. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

superb bus driver @chennai floods

16. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Sir I saw this shocking video about floods in chennai

17. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

Flood Relief 2015: Chennai – Medical Camps (Photos)

SRI RAMA KRISHNA MATH

Following are the medical camps conducted today and the number of patients treated, in Chennai:
    • Palliyankaranai – 300
    • Thiruvallur district – 250
    • Saidapet, Jayalakshmi nagar – 700
    • Shollinganallur, OMR Road slum – 150
    • Kosapur slum area – 200

https://imedia.chennaimath.org/flood-relief-2015-chennai-med…#!

ANITHA likes this.
  18. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

https://www.coverfox.com/chennai/ for help with insurance claims

19. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member