Best health insurance policies for you

Discussion in 'Must-Read Interviews, Articles & News Items' started by RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA, Jul 19, 2016.

?

Are you having family health insurance policy ?

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. NO

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. NO IDEA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I have to Plan for Family health insurence policy

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

source: https://www.livemint.com/Money/eZmFCiktosGAhFxj0dW4QN/Best-health-insurance-policies-for-you.html

Best health insurance policies for you
    The newest edition of the ratings (July 2015) also includes individual plans of Rs.5 lakh, Rs.10 lakh and Rs.20 lakh for a person aged 70 years

Deepti Bhaskaran
    [​IMG]
    iStockPhoto
    How do you buy a health insurance plan? If you just settle with the plan your agent sells or are happy knowing you have bought the cheapest plan, there is a bit of unlearning and a lot of learning in store for you. A health insurance policy packs in several features and caveats. To give you a ready comparison, we designed Mint Mediclaim Ratings (MMR), which was developed by SecureNow Insurance Broker Pvt. Ltd. The full ratings along with the methodology can be seen here:https://www.livemint.com/mintmediratings.

In the ratings, for family floater plans, we have considered two sum insured amounts (Rs.10 lakh and Rs.20 lakh) and three age categories in each—eldest insured member is 35, 45 or 65 years old. For individual plans, the age categories are the same but the sum assured is Rs.5 lakh. The newest edition of the ratings (July 2015) also includes individual plans of Rs.5 lakh, Rs.10 lakh and Rs.20 lakh for a person aged 70 years.

This week, we spotlight individual policies with sum assured Rs.5 lakh, where the person is 45 years old.

We also explain some of the important aspects that one should look at while choosing a policy.

Let’s look at disease-wise capping. Other than the waiting period, insurers will also specify the amount that they would pay for specified illnesses. For instance, most insurance companies specify caps on cataract. That’s because the cost of treatment varies from Rs.10,000 to Rs.1 lakh. So, in order to limit its risk, an insurer may institute caps. Other than that, insurers may also want to limit their liability on major illnesses. Insurers do this to bring their risk down, which may get reflected through cheaper premium. We, however, prefer a comprehensive plan with fewer sub-limits, hence lower the sub-limit, higher the score.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deepti Bhaskaran

ankit12 likes this.
  2. ankit12

ankit12 New Member

I know you posted this article last year but i read this article this time, this is very beneficial for me because i am planning for health insurance. And your article give me so many tips before taking this service. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  3. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Thank You Very Much ankit12 Ji ....
    ALL THE BEST SIR