BPL LTD - Your comments on its turnaround capacity

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Ganesh Babu, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Ganesh Babu

Ganesh Babu Member

BPL LTD is currently available at Market caoitalisation of Rs.160 crore
    Its tie uo with flipkart is expected to boost its revenue i beleive management started doing right things.
    BPL is well known brand in old days i think it can acheive its charm by management actiins.

Whats your opinion on BPL LTD .do u like to buy ,will u agree if u say it as muktibagger
    I hokd position in BPL LTD @ 28/-

Biju and adijsg like this.
  2. adijsg

adijsg Member

It can be a turn around story but need 1-2 quaters more to see if it is repeating the performance of the last quater

Biju likes this.
  3. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Simple question - which of the bpl products would you buy yourself

4. Carl Icahn

Carl Icahn Active Member

I think BPL is a has-been brand. It has no brand recall. The young generation will have very little awareness. The only way they compete with the Korean giants like Samsung, LG, etc is by selling at rock-bottom prices. Even then it may be difficult to compete.

5. Sachin pathak

@carl

Exactly and hence my question to ganesh was - which BpL products he would himself buy, resting comfortably that he would answer 'none'. Thus answering his question that it would be rather horribly difficult for BPL

6. Ganesh Babu

Ganesh Babu Member

I agree there will be strong competition and margin pressures.BPL was once No.1 Brand.
    Their Medical devision working well.

Lets see what lesson time teaches to us.

Biju likes this.
  7. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Dear Ganesh Babu ,

BPL is having good product line no doubt , but some of the promoter stake is in pledge

management is not trying to market in india , sales are very poor ,

Jun 2015 quarterly result profit please observe in that " other income " is added Rs. 14.03 Cr.
    total profit on that quarter is Rs. 13.46 Cr.

so profit on sales on jun 2015 quarter is negative ....

Buy this stock after results observation only .......

suchi, Biju and Ganesh Babu like this.
  8. Ganesh Babu

Ganesh Babu Member

Yes sir i hold some shares at 28 ,will be adding only after results

9. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

I would prefer to take contrarian stand on BPL.All the negativity is already factored in the price. I see quite enough probablity of turn around story in BPL.My reading of chart of BPL also support this view.My advice is track it closely for some more(1-2) quarter,including related news.

Sachin pathak likes this.
  10. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

BPL CMP :Rs. 33.8

If it cross Rs. 35.50 it may go to 37.50 , if it sustain above 38 it may reach Rs. 41, below Rs. 29
    it may be weaken

suchi, Biju and Ganesh Babu like this.
  11. shakti khanduri

@Mr Murthy, how do u form an idea about varios lavels ? Which indicators u use? Moving averages? In what time frame ?

12. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

Price Action Analysis

suchi and Biju like this.
  13. shakti khanduri

will u elaboratd further, Please. l am very slow learner i.e. DULL.

14. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

Sorry Sir .... Price action is a vast subject ...it is not learn in a single post ....
    in expertise that at least 5000 hours Serious study in charts is needed for a ordinary person , this words told by International Technical Analysts .... It is also like Engineering Degree .... any person in this world can not give Entire Engineering subject in few pages , like that it is also come through years together practice and read various books

Dull persons and slow reflex persons will take more years to learn ....

suchi and Biju like this.
  15. shakti khanduri

@ Mr Murthy,are you master,, sir, of technichal analyses or chart reading ? Never heard , or read ,your name anywhere.? Your varous posts ,which I have been following, based on your knowledge on both technical and fundamental aspects also does not validate your misplaced EGO-which will not help you in equity market.Your reluctance to answer my specifi queries shows your fear of getting Exposed about your superficial knowledge.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  16. Biju

Biju Member

Dear Mr.Murthy, do not get affected by some one who is trying to degrade your knowledge. It seems there are some SPAMS wandering around here in this forum. Please go ahead with your contributions and always share your ideas here. There are so many readers like me to listen you. perhaps there are not so many( I mean Spam) in their world. Of course there are not so many like you here. Some EGO Rockets are visible here recently and I am sure they wont last for ever

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  17. Sachin pathak

@shakti,

Any one topic which is so complicated that it takes 5000 hours of serious study isnt worth wasting your time on. 5000 hrs if you devote 4hours a day on this one topic only means 1250 days and which in turn means 3.5yrs

Simply put :

Price Action describes the characteristics of a security’s price movements. This movement is quite often analyzed with respect to price changes in the recent past. In simple terms, price action is a trading technique that allows a trader to read the market and make subjective trading decisions based on the recent and actual price movements, rather than relying solely on technical indicators.

Since price action trading is an approach to price predictions and speculation, it is used by retail traders, speculators, arbitrageurs and even trading firms who employ traders. I DONT THINK YOU FIT INTO ANYONE OF THESE CATEGORIES and so why bother with a concept which isnt relevant to you

Since price action trading relates to recent historical data and past price movements, all technical analysis tools like charts, trend lines, price bands, high and low swings, technical levels (of support, resistance and consolidation), etc. are taken into account as per the trader’s choice and strategy fit. Psychological and behavioral interpretations and subsequent actions, as decided by the trader, also make up an important aspect of price action trades. No two traders will interpret a certain price action in the same way, as each will have his or her own interpretation, defined rules and different behavioral understanding of it.

18. Sachin pathak

@ biju,

Dont clog the thread with your lame appreciation. Murthy"s attitude sucks. Least he could have done was provide some basic gyan to shakti who reached out to him in right earnest and with humility.

I another thread ...' for intellectuals only.... Cash flow analysis ' when someone asked me to explain what EVA means instead of adopting a murthy like approach ( and the concept of EVA is by no means a simple topic) i atleast put in an effort to explain.

19. Sachin pathak

@ murthy

So arnd 90/- is sterlite tech an overpriced stock....when CRiSIL Research has assigned a value of 89?

20. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@Sachin pathank

That is my opinion , I dont know about CRISIL assigned value of Rs. 89 fair value ...

But in my Analysis and Discrimination i suggest that.....

Analysis may vary to one person to other ....

In the issue of shakti i write my views openly ... i am not using any abused words ...
    if you analyze above all posts you will know the fact .....

you may explain very easily because you are expert in English ...
    But i am not having ordinary skills also in English ....yes i am using fundamentals and technical
    in my trading both ...
    and also i will not revival my trade strategy and parameters and chart settings those are all my years
    effort and it is my asset also .... i am not a TA trainer

i am always said that i am not a qualified analyst in so many posts ...
    No body in this forum is not a qualified stock market analyst .....

in his words :" @ Mr Murthy,are you master,, sir, of technichal analyses or chart reading ? Never heard , or read ,your name anywhere.? Your varous posts ,which I have been following, based on your knowledge on both technical and fundamental aspects also does not validate your misplaced EGO-which will not help you in equity market.Your reluctance to answer my specifi queries shows your fear of getting Exposed about your superficial knowledge. "

in any other forum admin may take action on him because he used ego etc ..words

some persons are taking personal revenge on me

suchi, kiran, Biju and 1 other person like this.