Indiabulls Ventures(securities)--Madhusudan Kela buys 35 lakh shares. Insight?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Lukesh SIngla, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Lukesh SIngla

Lukesh SIngla New Member

I have been following this website to get ideas. Great work- I must say. My go to place for reading about stocks.
    I own Indiabulls securities. Their results have been all over the place and I have never really understood how well they are doing. Have held on to the stock because of dividend yield of 10%.

Just going over their shareholding pattern for March saw Madhusudan Kela(I am hoping Reliance Capital) owning 35,00,000 shares in his personal capacity. These have been bought between Jan and March. Does anyone have any insight into this or any info about the stock??

Lukesh

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for sharing this. It does look like Madhusudan Kela of Reliance Capital fame is the shareholder.

I can't find much material about the stock. Brokerages don't seem to cover it.

The Q4FY15 results are quite encouraging with a steep jump in the top-line and the bottom-line:

Particulars (Rs cr) Mar 2015 Mar 2014 %Chg

Net Sales 111.51 79.5 40.26
    Other Income 13.45 5 169
    Total Income 124.96 84.5 47.88
    Total Expenses 36.26 32.16 12.75
    Operating Profit 88.7 52.33 69.5
    Net Profit 50.92 28.38 79.42
    Equity Capital 52.24 46.22 -

The stigma attached to the Indiabulls group for alleged corporate governance misdeeds appears to be waning. indiabulls Housing in fact has been awarded a AAA rating recently. Also, the split in the management of the group with IndiaBulls Ventures coming exclusively under Sameer Gehlaut appears to have boosted investors confidence.

Also, broking is a scalable business. It does not require incremental capital to boost business. So, in a bull market, it may be the ideal business to own.

Lastly, the stock offers a dividend yield of nearly 10%. So, there is a high degree of comfort on the valuations.

3. Lukesh SIngla

Lukesh SIngla New Member

I know the stock/group reasonably well. I have been in all their stocks for 10 years now (since the IPO). It has been quite a roller coaster.
    About IBVentures, I think they are slowly doing other things than broking. They bought a 600cr building in Chennai in Nov-dec. Apparently, they bought another company this quarter (some Positive Housing Pvt. Ltd).
    they have changed their name to IB Ventures from IB Securities.

They sold a stake in Copal Partners earning them 100cr odd in profit last year which I thought was funding their dividend. I was hoping to see end to their constant dividend from this quarter as their broking business has been slowing down but they came up with this amazing number. I was preparing to get out of this one and I am happy I didn't.
    Today, I was going over their shareholder list and I couldn't believe Madhusudan Kela owning 35lakh shares.

I have been following this website articles for close to a month and today was the first time, I ventured into forum section. Hope to contribute more and learn more.

Lukesh