Sakuma Exports - A potential Multibagger?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by dineshkapoor27, Aug 6, 2015.

1. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Hi,

I was looking at the Sakuma Exports scrip. I think the company is highly undervalued. The business has m-cap of around 60 cr and the FY-15 consolidated topline of 1800 cr! The company's business is described as follows (taken from their official website):

Sakuma Exports is in the business of Exporting commodities and merchandise from India. Company commenced operations toward the end of Financial Year 1999-2000 as a partnership firm with exporting Pulses. Over the years Company developed exports of various agro based commodities and merchandise. The Company is engaged in exports of various commodities like Red Split Lentils, Onions, Peanuts, Peanuts in shell, Brass items, Sugar, Wheat Flour, Soya Bean Meal, Rape Seed Meal, Chilly, Jaggary, Watermelon, Sesame, Seeds, Maize, Sun Flower Meal, Rice, Chick Peas, Yellow Split Lentel, Seasame Seed Meal, Castor Seed Meal, Castor, etc.

Company exports in around 75 countries.

It has a dividend yield of 2.5% and P/E of around 7.5. Book value is 47/- and company has been grown their topline and bottomline EPS consistently. The debt is a bit on the higher side, but that is also manageable. Have a look at their stats in Money control in terms of their performance over the years. Purely on the basis of valuation, I think its a multibagger in the making.

Thoughts/comments appreciated!

w4wealth and roopakumar like this.
  2. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

Dont just look for cheap stocks !!! Look for cheap stocks with some value . Sakuma Exports , i dont think the management is good enough . I cant really understand what the company is focussing and whats the future !!! So be carefull with this stock !!

roopakumar and sko5prasad like this.
  3. dineshkapoor27

What makes you think that the management is not good enough? Is there any case of fraud on them? They have been growing their business at a decent pace. What part of their business looks dubious to you? (Btw, I am not defending the stock or the company, I am just curious to know so don't take it any other way plz :) ).

roopakumar and mpant like this.
  4. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

Well they are going at decent pace but what's the future of this business?

5. MoneyWorks4ME

MoneyWorks4ME Active Member

Very rightly said. People forget the power of compounding and investing in quality stock. Here is a snapshot of Sakuma

roopakumar likes this.
  6. dineshkapoor27

Srouta Mukherjee and roopakumar like this.
  7. dineshkapoor27

Missed out on Sakuma train. When I bought at 35, I sold it at 50. Now its UC at 97. Sigh!

8. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Its the same story with everyone. Have a couple myself

Gennex labs - april 2015 @2.3/- sold at 5.4/- and stock peaked at 8.4 earlier this month. Consistent selling the last few days. Now at 7.01/-

Tanla Solutions - Sept 2015 @ 23.35 and sold in oct @ 29.9. Stocked peaked at 39.05 earlier this month and currently at 37.65

9. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

Bought at 26 and 35 .... still holding a few..

10. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I missed out on jumbo gains from Force Motors and Symphony Coolers (600% gains) :(

11. Warrenbuff77

Warrenbuff77 Member

I missed out the "kitex" bus. At 8 rs in 2008 i thought it is a penny stock which won't grow. :(
    Still sad that i did not buy that...

12. Sachin pathak

I think force motors ( whilst i remain invested at 1100-1200 levels) is overpriced. The rerating trigger was bmw deal which i believe isnt a game changer and warranting the meteoric rise seen in the stock.

13. raamuk

raamuk Member

14. dineshkapoor27

@raamuk I have added some today. I think its more because it has a lot of interest now and should go up 10-20% more from here, I think. But fundamentally, I think it is now at 12 PE so the valuation comfort is a bit low. I will try to hold around 15-20 PE and then sell it. Its a bit risky right now, but you can still add (like I have added a bit) but make sure that the exposure is not too much. Good luck!

15. Sachin pathak

Had a few pointers emanating from a very cursory look

- effective tax rate seems abnormally low : is this due to any tax excemptions on export earnings?
    - march 2015 profit bouancy on the back of other income
    - very low OPM
    - Lower interest cost despite increased borrowing ( march 15 vs 14)
    - operating cashflow negative??

16. dineshkapoor27

Sachin primarily the stock ipad undervalued. Recently government gave exemptionts for export houses to improve exports. The opm is low, but stock was too undervalued when wrote here. The profits have been increasing and there's low equity in retail market.

17. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

the opening line has your answer - MCap as % of Sales
    do remember it is a trading company, take a look at MMTC, STC India

would you believe that at the turn of the century or +- 2 years - Adani Exports was once the biggest ForEx earner for India!

w4wealth likes this.
  18. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

would you believe that at the turn of the century or +- 2 years - Adani Exports was once the biggest ForEx earner for India![/QUOTE]
    What happened to adani exports? is it still alive? @BombayBoy

19. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

it is alive and kicking under the new name Adani Enterprises Ltd.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  20. dineshkapoor27

Just wanted to point out that Sakuma has corrected a bit at around 63, and one of its main exports is sugar which is in shortage now in terms of supply. So Sakuma might see some margin expansion or some offloading of inventories at higher prices. Might be an interesting bet now, with sugar prices expected to rise.