Govt Sinking all budget including record 38500 Crore in MENREGA to White Wash Suit Boot image

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Mar 1, 2016.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I am shocked when 38500 Crore was announced in budget for MENREGA.This is same Modi who always mocked MENERGA,AADHAR, Direct Subsidy transfer of UPA 2..After BJP win in Loksabha poll,I still remember Udai Kotak famous saying,MENREGA KA JAMANA GAYA,KAREGA KA JAMANA AAYA,with every one agreeing .But after all around failure and to improve his sagging image due to non performance , Modi is Sinking almost entire budget in schemes where money always disappear with out trace.For collecting money for these wastages, he even taxed EPF and PPF.These were the only options where some money was growing slowly after Sensex falling flat on non Governess. Taxes have been increased racklessly almost every where inspite of Govt already looting thousands of crores of public money of crude saving which was never transfered to public.Russia took 75 years to realize that socials schemes don't help ,but India may take 750 years to realize these wastages Except free education and free health services to first two childs of all families ,all sort of other social services inclding special privileges are destroying nation and creating a Lazy society who will be living on govt doles and only job they will do ,just vote bank without asking for Govt performance and implementation of menefesto.. Now only hope left is that Industrialists ,enterpenures and that portion of society who is working hard even to carry burden of lazy living on doles, will do wonder .I hope now performers have to learn ,how to run inspite of their legs tied with heavy taxes to carry burden of Lazy voting class of politicians.I am extremely worried on Govt fresh focus on increasing wastage which Modi crticised before polls.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Farhan Ghumra likes this.
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

100% Agreed. Too much Jhoomla is there now by Modi. :(

kharb likes this.
  3. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

the fund used in mnrega is not a full waste. i thonk so. becoz here in our place this fund is used for agri activities like digging soil, around the root of cocunut trees. it is also used in digging rain pits in vast agri lands to boost water table.
    what i think is it not a full waste. but still a big portion of that fund may be wasted by using that fund in non productive activities and through inefficiency and corruption.
    the govt have to ensure the efficiency of usage of mnrega fund.
    in the times of rajiv gandhi , he himself said that if govt.of india is spending 1 rupee, only 15 paise reaches the citizens. that is 15 % efficiency in using funds.

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

Kharb Ji,

You are simply on fire. MNREGA is a poorly conceived scheme by any logic. Everybody knows that no productive work will emerge out of MNREGA. I wonder what has been achieved after spending billions under the scheme ? However the govt. is facing political reality. Majority of the voters (almost 50%) are in rural areas. And if the majority wants something to be done it can force its interest on the minority regardless of whether is right or wrong. I remember when I was working and tried to implement a training. My colleagues forced changes to the program and when they had no logical answer to my arguments they said that this was the majority's decision. I had to leave the program. This happens everywhere. The strength lies in the numbers. I guess this is democracy.

New_Investor and kharb like this.