Great time to make fundamently strong blue chip portfolio

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Sep 2, 2015.

1. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

After coming to power, the current Bihar government had banned liquor in Bihar. Now, I heard that they are thinking to change their decision.

If you want foreign investment, you have to welcome foreignors. Foreignors want cigarette and liquor to be easily available.

2. darth

darth Active Member

Are you saying Indians don't want cigarettes and liquour? Grow up..... Look around dont you see the crowds outside the liquor shops.

Liquor ban in Gujrat - well let me tell you there is no shortage of it's availability in Gujrat. And hey dont you know why the Union territory of Daman is a tourist hotspot?

Bihar ban : didn't you read about that absurd proposal of "death" to manufacturers and distributors of illicit liquour. In a country where terrorists and rapist are not hanged... High hope the peddlers of illicit liquor will.

Then Bihar's loss is Jharkhand's (if i am not mistaken) gain. I recollect reading an article how their revenues from liquour permit applications has jumped manifold and guess what where does almost 80% of this increase come from - the bordering areas to Bihar.

3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I neither smoke nor drink ( I never enjoyed smoking but enjoyed lot of drinking for many years earlier)but I am of holding ITC since long and has taken token exposure in United Spritis knowing fully with personal experince that drinking will always survive. In my view smoking and drinking is there for last many thousand years and may continue till human exist on earth.I have nothing against those who are enjoying smoking and drinking.

w4wealth and BombayBoy like this.
  4. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

another great idea, but, it's India, not Saudi Arabia - ban ban ban

now, i'd like to ask you one question, have you ever, in your glorious career in the markets, traded in any stocks of companies that have anything to do with tobacco or alcohol?

if you're in Gujarat and want to indulge in sin, just got to pull some strings and splash some ₹₹₹₹₹

resorting to ad hominem, yet again

anyways, you seem to be fighting a lot of wars for a range of causes - water scarcity, leprosy, prosecution of Vijay Mallya, small savings rates, agriculture, etc
    i wish you luck and well with all your causes!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  5. darth

darth Active Member

Change in stance is it?

6. darth

darth Active Member

BB, did you read this recent ToI news about Indians being obese. Consequent to this article, Government is considering BANNING FOOD

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

No
    Bihar Govt has bannned country made liquor only,who knows Nitish Kumar want to upgrade ??

8. New_Investor

So Nitishkumar does not mind if Bihar citizens consume Foreign made liquor? Bihar Citizens should not consume country liquor. What about home made liquor?

9. New_Investor

RMSC Sir, I told you some of the members of this forum may be irritated because of your 'Complete Ban on "Cigarettes & Liquor " idea'.

10. New_Investor

Excess of everything is bad. Excess of sugar consumption is bad. Excess of automobiles on roads can cause problems. But sugar, in proper quantities, is necessary. So, cannot be completely banned. Automobiles are necessary. So, cannot be completely banned. Are cigarettes and liquor necessary?

11. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Death penalty in case of any mishapenning due to home made liquor.So please think only in direction of Upgrade Only.So top brands stands to gain.

12. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

just pretend on a forum and ask RMSC to fight your battles aye?

what's with just quoting me with absolutely no reply to anything, out of personal attacks now?
    "members", gotta at least have the guts to standby or defend what you preach! your posts leave me flabbergasted ;)

let me not waste this post, here's an interesting video

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    bholu likes this.
  13. darth

darth Active Member

So are cigarettes and liquour. You are in no position to question the judgement and decision of those who smoke and drink.

BombayBoy and kharb like this.
  14. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Added few more Ultratech Cement from proceeds of J P Associates sold at huge loss.I am In habit of booking losses

15. New_Investor

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/c...e-shortage-more-pain-for-smokers_6128221.html

16. New_Investor

RMSC Sir, please have a look at the following news in Indian Express:

Claiming there’s an ‘ambience’ for it, Nitish govt bans liquor in Bihar

Main points :
    Citing the “overwhelming response” to the ban on country liquor, which was enforced in Bihar from April 1, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s cabinet Tuesday extended the ban to Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL), making Bihar a dry state with immediate effect.

“We were overwhelmed by people’s response to the ban on country liquor. We had been getting numerous calls from women groups and other sections of people about unauthorised liquor stocks. Our total ban is prompted by the people’s response. We were able to create an ambience that supported complete ban on any kind of liquor,” Nitish said, adding that all IMFL stock will be destroyed.

Liquor would not be served in hotels and restaurants either, Nitish said. Only addicts can procure liquor, that too after getting a prescription from a doctor. Army cantonment areas can continue to sell alcohol.

“Liquor shops in neighbouring states must not be under the impression that their sales would shoot up. We have put in place a system of digital locks for liquor containers travelling through Bihar. Such locks can be opened only after vehicles carrying liquor or spirit cross Bihar. We have already spoken to neighbouring states’ police chiefs. Ultimately, these states will also have to follow Bihar’s prohibition example,” Nitish said.

For more details read : https://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/complete-ban-on-alcohol-in-bihar-from-today

17. New_Investor

GM Breweries Ltd has informed BSE that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on April 05 2016 have recommended a Bonus issue of Shares in the ratio of 1:4 i.e. one share of Rs. 10/- each for every four share of Rs. 10/- each held. The issue of Bonus will be subject to approval of members at the forthcoming AGM.

18. bholu

bholu Active Member

This is a nice video Bombay Boy Ji,This man really do good. :D. And he spoke really well.
    New Investor Ji, '
    what does Nitish Kumar mean when he says that only "addicts can procure alchohol" after presenting doctors prescription and what is a digital lock ? anybody knows ?

I cannot say whether banning cigarettes or alchohol is good or bad. If the the issue is health then so many things are equally bad ? Will everything be banned. But yes addiction is bad and should be avoided.

19. New_Investor

‘Liquor sector is bearing the burn of politics’ : Gaurang Shah of Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services

20. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Vardhman Textiles firing with all cylinders ,at record high.It is now a four digit stock.

w4wealth likes this.