ICICI Lombard General Insurance IPO

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Sep 15, 2017.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Over priced IPO and I don't expect any listing gain but still applying in IPO ;may avg out if it opens lower than IPO price.I want to participate in Gen Insurance sector; so no choice and can not escape from Explotation by permoters and sellers.Only a Long term bet for passive investers and it may give market beating returns but only in long term.No recommendation but only for discussion

2. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

Definitely not a behaviour expected of a seasoned investor like yourself

Why apply if you believe that issue is overpriced, there won't be listing gains, you might have to average out costs

This belief should be enough to simply wait and buy secondary

Or is it that there remain lingering doubts and you are trying not to miss out on any spectacular listing gains?

Keen to delve deep and understand your thought process!!!

3. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

ICICI Lombard is a good performing company. Listing gains may be less. Definitely it is a stock which should be in the portfolio. This is just my view and not asking anyone to buy.

kharb and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  4. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

It is blue chip stock :)

5. Kritesh Abhishek

Kritesh Abhishek Member

6. shubham

shubham Member

Applied 2 lots, allotted 39 shares. Now wondering at what price will it list. Most of the site showing almost nil grey market premium.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

ICICI Lombard insurance is over priced stock but largest pvt general insurance player and Secular Growth story. So slowly it can be accumulated and can be averaged at lower prices also. In my view stock may give 15%CAGR return for decades. This is my view only for discussion in this forum and I never recommend any stock as I am not an expert.

Victor likes this.
  8. saashy

saashy Member

Absolutely agree with Kharb, stocks like ICICI Lombard and ICICI Pru ( even SBI Life) are great bets for long term holding .. and should make it to portfolio.

kharb likes this.
  9. wild_hipman

wild_hipman Active Member

With no consideration to the entry price and 15% CAGR?

Why not buy the index? Even that has provided over 15%

10. saashy

saashy Member

Price obviously is always a consideration. And it's not 'and' vs 'or' between index and this stock. All I am saying, even at present valuation , to me ICICI Lombard ( and even more life insurance stocks) looks a great long term portfolio stock along with many other stocks that I have / will keep adding.

kharb likes this.